Mazda 6 Forums banner

09' Sunroof Not Aligned

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Mnementh 
#1 ·
Long story short my Sunroof towards the rear driver side no longer lines up flush to the roof like the passenger side. I do find after heavy rain fall there is a very minor amount of water that is in the drain rail (like I might get a drop on my finger) but the real nuisance is while highway driving it now sounds like a window is open just a crack and makes that whistling/air noise.

My chilton manual doesn't appear to have anything regarding the sunroof and my searches seem to come up with "the button isn't working" "roof wont close/open" etc... but nothing to realign one side to seal a bit better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
I don't have any experience with the 6 sunroofs, but I faced a similar issue with my '08 mazda 3 and I have to imagine the assemblies are similar. If the sunroof is not level with the roof of the car (as in one side is drooping down), you can easily re-adjust it. There are 4 torx screws that hold the glass onto the rail and if you loosen them, you should be able to move the glass around and align things properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.