Interior map lights not working on door open... - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil6 View Post
@DrFeelGood could I ask where you got them because depending on what this issue is when it gets sorted I think they would look good I had something similar on a car before but the ones I had then and the ones I have found now are “universal” and require a hole to be drilled in the door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw that and I hesitated to get that as I don't want to drill it through the door. Then I saw this item, no drilling required. However, I'm not sure if it will look OEM.

This is battery operated, AAA.

Last edited by Archerfish; 01-10-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackerphotos View Post
To clarify, that’s the door lock timer unit?
I am not as familiar with the gen 1.5 but I know there is a module that controls the interior lighting, the auto light off timing for the headlights and a bunch of other things related to auto shut off timing. I'd have to refresh my knowledge on the gen 1.5 wiring diagram to give you much else to look at.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waughoo View Post
Quote:
To clarify, that’s the door lock timer unit?
I am not as familiar with the gen 1.5 but I know there is a module that controls the interior lighting, the auto light off timing for the headlights and a bunch of other things related to auto shut off timing. I'd have to refresh my knowledge on the gen 1.5 wiring diagram to give you much else to look at.
Thanks @waughoo. I have an 04 1.0; my new seats came from an 08 1.5

Fully loaded 2004 Mazda 6 GS Wagon

Added:
- GT Rear Spoiler
- 08 Front Seats
- And a bunch of other really cool stuff that will all be revealed in the spring.

@blackerphotos on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have the same issue, any idea where is the "door lock timer unit" on a 2003 mazda 6 or where I can start to look?
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluem6 View Post
I have the same issue, any idea where is the "door lock timer unit" on a 2003 mazda 6 or where I can start to look?
It’s above the glove box up under the dash, bolted to the exterior side of the car - think between the door hinges and the firewall. You’ll need to remove the glove box before you’ll remotely be able to see it.

It will have two wire harnesses plugged into the bottom side of it.

I’ve been out of commission with a very angry back this week and haven’t been able to even think about contorting myself under there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	179634AB-AB42-4C94-9E4B-F36E0EDCFA36_1547690277569.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	226044  

Added:
- GT Rear Spoiler
- 08 Front Seats
- And a bunch of other really cool stuff that will all be revealed in the spring.

post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I’ve been out of commission with a very angry back this week and haven’t been able to even think about contorting myself under there.

Sorry to hear that, hope you’re feeling better soon

DrFeelGood likes this.

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil6 View Post
Quote:

Sorry to hear that, hope you’re feeling better soon

Thanks Chris. Getting there, though they’re calling for a pretty decent snow storm on Saturday so even if I was good enough to hit up the wreckers for a replacement module, I’m not swapping it out in 8” or more of snow & wind!

It’s more an annoyance than anything but I will get to it and be sure to update the group.

Added:
- GT Rear Spoiler
- 08 Front Seats

Last edited by blackerphotos; 01-17-2019 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling error
The Following User Says Thank You to blackerphotos For This Useful Post:
dcoulombe (01-17-2019)
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 09:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
they’re calling for a pretty deeent snow storm on Saturday so even if I was good enough to hit up the wreckers for a replacement module, I’m not swapping it out in 8” or more of snow & wind!.

Same here in Ohio I think last I heard we’re supposed to get something like 12” Friday night into Saturday, but it is Ohio so there’s an equal chance it could be 55 and sunny lol

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
And here in Quebec, Canada it'll be -27C Saturday morning. That's -17F...

post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 09:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoulombe View Post
And here in Quebec, Canada it'll be -27C Saturday morning. That's -17F...

Glad I’m not there lol

dcoulombe likes this.

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page