Mazda 6 Forums banner

2009 6 won't start + security issue

10K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ATAUK 
#1 ·
As per title
2009 Mazda 6 2.2 diesel sport manual

Got to car after work . Started car fine .
Went to connect phone to Bluetooth . Didn't connect so turned off car . Back on and nothing .
Car would not start .
Not getting the usual buzz and clicks as everything comes alive
Lights on dash came on like normal just not starting on push start .. Zoom zoom on stereo came up slowly .
Push start nothing .
No stereo no fans etc but everything illuminates
All dash lights faded after about 30 secs as though car locked etc
Strange .
Tried again . Unlock car etc try start and nothing . Push button has red light never green .

In dash I see the key warning light
along with
Security indicator light . Car with padlock

Locked car via fob . Walked away for ten mins .
Phoned wife who said would bring spare key .

Unfortunately she crashed reroute .
Total night mare of an evening so far .

Got a friend to collect me . Meet wife who was with police . She came with us to try car
Nothing
Car unlocks . Locks etc via fob perfectly
Just won't start the car .
Tried using the enclosed key in ignition with fob near start button.
Still nothing after a few tries all dash lights fade along with interior lights

I've installed a new battery in each fob and fob opens car and locks perfectly same as the key it opens the doors etc

Also steering lock is on it seems this may be part of the problem as this isn't disengaging.

When start button is pressed the small red led in fob flashes each time so something is communicating.

Yesterday decided something new . Got to where car is before work and disconnected battery . Left all day and still the same.

Tried jump leads on battery still the same

Tried disconnecting battery and linking jump leads from work van to battery cables in car . Still the same

Car won't get to ignition 2 so unsure how codes would be read ?

Car was perfect before hand

I have rac cover so looking to use that but due to when Finnish work etc haven't had the time frame to phone them to get them out then get the car if needs be to someone who can sort . I know I may be looking at Mazda dealer but especially with this time of year would rather go independent. Use rac recovery to get the car there to hopefully sort

Any advice would be great

Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
My best guess is you somehow triggered theft mode which will lock it down until a dealer can flash it out of theft mode.

Reactions: ATAUK
#3 ·
rought night.

When you try to start the car do the lights stay illuminated? I had a battery that had a broken internal plate. It would mostly illuminate the instrument and ambient but would come nowhere near starting (with or with out jumper cables)
Did you install your van battery in place of the car battery? This is the only thing I can think of. If not this then @b1lk1 has indicated the next logical step.
Good Luck and if you find out please update for the next poor soul that has to deal with the problem.

#4 ·
I'm going to say it's the battery in the car.

If you're not wanting to buy a new battery until diagnosed, take the battery that's in the Van out of the Van and replace the existing one in the car with it. See if that makes any difference.

How old is the existing battery?

#5 ·
Yesterday decided something new . Got to where car is before work and disconnected battery . Left all day and still the same.

Tried jump leads on battery still the same

Tried disconnecting battery and linking jump leads from work van to battery cables in car . Still the same

Is it possible that the battery of the van is not "strong enough" to start the car?

I suggested to him to check the alarm on the other thread he created.

It's unfortunate that he has been inactive for 2 days. I'm interested to know what really happened so as to avoid a similar scenario.

#6 ·
Sorry for the late reply .
Car went to mazda and they finally got to look over it today.
Had the car started etc

Car is at mazda Maidstone and it's not the keyless module thingy .
Happy days :)
It's a break in the wire somewhere in the loom .they have bypassed a few things and car has been running perfectly.
Been told it will be available to pick up tomorrow and possibly upto 3 hour max labour
Around £300 been told in total .
So I think that has saved over 1k from what I was expecting

Thanks for all the advice . Hopefully they will say where the break was and can report back

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Not collected car yet but it is ready and the fault was a broken earth wire between the modules .

Had the car mot and passed with no advisories so happy there too .

Diagnostic
Labour
Plus mot

£455 which could of been a lot more if the keyless module had gone on the car. £800 for the part only

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.