Bluetooth Connectivity Issues - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
sav
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place? But whatever.

Anyways; when I used to be connected to my cars bluetooth (2015 Mazda 6 Sport) with my phone (iPhone 6-strictly used for music), everything would sound fine, until a couple of days ago. I always put my 'music phone' in the little compartment that's between the gear shifter and cup holders and it used to always sound fine, but now it sounds like my phone is too far away from the cars bluetooth receiver. Sometimes when it's in the little compartment it still sounds fine but if I pick it up it starts skipping through the song/etc. or sometimes even if I just leave it in there it does that and I'll either have to move my phone literally right next to my infotainment center or disconnect it and reconnect it. I've been thinking about getting a new head unit because I don't like how slow and inconsistent the bluetooth is on this car, but I'm not sure when I'd do that; as of now does anyone know how to fix this or why it started doing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav View Post
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place? But whatever.

Anyways; when I used to be connected to my cars bluetooth (2015 Mazda 6 Sport) with my phone (iPhone 6-strictly used for music), everything would sound fine, until a couple of days ago. I always put my 'music phone' in the little compartment that's between the gear shifter and cup holders and it used to always sound fine, but now it sounds like my phone is too far away from the cars bluetooth receiver. Sometimes when it's in the little compartment it still sounds fine but if I pick it up it starts skipping through the song/etc. or sometimes even if I just leave it in there it does that and I'll either have to move my phone literally right next to my infotainment center or disconnect it and reconnect it. I've been thinking about getting a new head unit because I don't like how slow and inconsistent the bluetooth is on this car, but I'm not sure when I'd do that; as of now does anyone know how to fix this or why it started doing this?
You're not the first to complain about a bad Bluetooth connection. It's an issue in many cars, not just Mazda vehicles.

It wasn't clear from the post, but is it only one device that is having issues, and another device works fine? If that is the case, it's probably your device. If two devices have issues, then maybe it's the head unit.

Luckily there are some great aftermarket options available. Read reviews though, as many aftermarket units have issues with, you guessed it, Bluetooth connectivity.

Also know that with an aftermarket unit you'd likely lose most, if not all, of the commander knob functions. If I'm not mistaken, you'd also lose the ability to change any of the car's preferences for door locks, lights, maintenance intervals, etc.

One option to try is to get a USB to Bluetooth adapter and stream through that. That way all connectivity is run through the standalone adapter.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
sav
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamadoorknob View Post
You're not the first to complain about a bad Bluetooth connection. It's an issue in many cars, not just Mazda vehicles.

It wasn't clear from the post, but is it only one device that is having issues, and another device works fine? If that is the case, it's probably your device. If two devices have issues, then maybe it's the head unit.

Luckily there are some great aftermarket options available. Read reviews though, as many aftermarket units have issues with, you guessed it, Bluetooth connectivity.

Also know that with an aftermarket unit you'd likely lose most, if not all, of the commander knob functions. If I'm not mistaken, you'd also lose the ability to change any of the car's preferences for door locks, lights, maintenance intervals, etc.

One option to try is to get a USB to Bluetooth adapter and stream through that. That way all connectivity is run through the standalone adapter.
I'm pretty sure it is only with my iPhone 6, but it's weird because I've owned the car for a year and some days and have played music from my phone basically everyday since then, but it only just started doing this a couple of days ago. I'm not sure exactly how long ago it started, but I think it was on my cars 1 year "anniversary," or a day or two after; probably just a coincidence? Idk lol. As for a new head unit, I don't have a commander knob so I'm not worried about that and I think some HU's still let you access the lights/locks/etc.

Forgot to add something; what do you mean USB to Bluetooth adapter? I own a Bluetooth USB, if that's what you're talking about. Would I be able to plug it into the cars USB port and connect my phone to that to play music?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page