post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 05:22 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Front speaker issue

Hello every1. Im experiencing a strange problem regarding the front left speaker. 2 days ago it was working as expected. I left the car during the night and i came back in the morning. There was no sound at all! I even did a manual check from the media hidden menu.(POWER + AUTO-M) Even with volume 30 i couldnt hear any noise from that speaker.
So then i removed the door panel and took out the speaker to check if its working properly. The speaker itself is ok. After that i connected the speaker and it started working as expected. I thought its just a connection issue, which i've fixed somehow by removing and connecting again the speaker, but sadly- no. It worked just like the day before- until i left the car at my parking lot during the night. When i woke up the problem has came again. Since i have assembled the door panel already and i had not time for that i left it like that. In the middle of the day i had some work to do for not more than 1h, so i left the car. 1 hour later i came back and the speaker was working. Its strange because it looks like that the car is choosing herself when to start the speaker. The speaker is not turning off or on while im driving or while the media is working, which makes me curious what could happen when im not near my car, expecially during the night. I forgot to mention that im driving my car every day and almost most of the day. I havent got any problems regarding speakers before. Now its the third day im experiencing this issue. We had heavy rains last 2 days in my country(as you can see by my english my country is far away). But it doesnt look like the rain could cause the issue.

Mazda 6 diesel 143hp, 2007 without BOSE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hristo Bontchev View Post
Hello every1. Im experiencing a strange problem regarding the front left speaker. 2 days ago it was working as expected. I left the car during the night and i came back in the morning. There was no sound at all! I even did a manual check from the media hidden menu.(POWER + AUTO-M) Even with volume 30 i couldnt hear any noise from that speaker.
So then i removed the door panel and took out the speaker to check if its working properly. The speaker itself is ok. After that i connected the speaker and it started working as expected. I thought its just a connection issue, which i've fixed somehow by removing and connecting again the speaker, but sadly- no. It worked just like the day before- until i left the car at my parking lot during the night. When i woke up the problem has came again. Since i have assembled the door panel already and i had not time for that i left it like that. In the middle of the day i had some work to do for not more than 1h, so i left the car. 1 hour later i came back and the speaker was working. Its strange because it looks like that the car is choosing herself when to start the speaker. The speaker is not turning off or on while im driving or while the media is working, which makes me curious what could happen when im not near my car, expecially during the night. I forgot to mention that im driving my car every day and almost most of the day. I havent got any problems regarding speakers before. Now its the third day im experiencing this issue. We had heavy rains last 2 days in my country(as you can see by my english my country is far away). But it doesnt look like the rain could cause the issue.

Mazda 6 diesel 143hp, 2007 without BOSE
Sounds like a simple issue of a loose wire.
If you are sure that the connection is solid at the speaker, then it may be like loose where it connects with the head unit of the stereo. It may also be pinched or frayed somewhere in middle of the speaker wire.

There may be an issue with the systems balance or fade feature. But the intermittent problem has all the symptoms of a loose connection.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridasignature View Post
Sounds like a simple issue of a loose wire.
If you are sure that the connection is solid at the speaker, then it may be like loose where it connects with the head unit of the stereo. It may also be pinched or frayed somewhere in middle of the speaker wire.

There may be an issue with the systems balance or fade feature. But the intermittent problem has all the symptoms of a loose connection.

I will check the wires over the weekend, i was hoping to find easier solution, because it will be alot of work and i dont want to break something. Anyway it doesnt look like balance-feature issue to me, because the rear left speaker has no such problems at all and the feature is side-based. It looks like it will be a loose wire:
"One common symptom of loose or faulty connections is that the speaker will occasionally work"

Thanks for your reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page