Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Brakelight /horn Fuse

Hello.

Someone crashed into my front passenger side. my frontlight, fender was broke. After this my horn and brakelight was not working anymore, so i change my 15A Hazard fuse , then brakelights works again, so did the horn, but if i press my horn for more than 3 secounds the fuse blows again.

The repairshop said that i might have pressed the horn too hard so the button under the steeringwheel is broken,
is this correct ? do i need to change the airbag/button ? or is there something in my passenger front corner that is broken ? The headlight, turn right light and front corner was completly smashed, lots of wires there was broken.
All cables and front is not changed. but still the fuse blows when i press the horn.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	skadeBil-A.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	213641  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 08:03 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 784 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2894 Post(s)
Thanked 4,065 Times in 2,855 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Sorry to hear about the troubles - to me, it sounds like a wire might have got pinched in the accident, or a ground wire isn't fully secured, and that's what's causing your issue.

AFAIK, you can't just replace the airbag/button since it's all part of the steering wheel, but I'm probably wrong on that one.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
I highly doubt that pressing the horn too hard could have caused the problem. I suspect the pinched wire theory stated above. Horns draw a LOT of amps when they are on. If the wire got pinched in the accident then you might have broken a few strands in the wire and thus reduced the number of strands that are carrying the load. This, in turn, increases the amp draw on that circuit which pops the fuse. I'd dig into the area of impact and look for wires that show abrasion on the insulation to see if you can pinpoint the issue.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
, and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
one of the horns was smashed, so i disconnected it and now the 2nd horn works
will replace the horn thats not working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page