Help! Radio/Interior lights/Etc - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Help! Radio/Interior lights/Etc

I just recently purchased a 2009 Mazda 6. The man I bought it from told me the only issue was the radio didn't work. He said when he googled, he read it wasn't uncommon for the radio to "go out".

Well, I come to find out that the interior lights and power locks don't work either. So I'm thinking maybe a blown fuse. Only issue is...I can't find a diagram anywhere for the fuse box. I google and can find them for other years but they don't match mine. I don't know what's what.

So I was wondering if anyone has a diagram of the fuse box layout.

I was also curious...I read online that some years have two fuse boxes, one next to the engine and one located on the drivers side inside the car.
Is that true? If so, does anyone have a diagram of that also? The interior fuse box?

Any help would be much appreciated. Usually my husband teaches me these things when we get a new vehicle but he isn't currently home to help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 12:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Hey! I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your car. Typically one fuse box will be in the engine compartment along one side of the car (our 6's are front wheel drive so it'll probably be on the driver's side since that's where the steering column is) under a black plastic cover. That's for the more powerful stuff, so you'll want the one inside. When you pull off the cover there should be a diagram on the inside of the cover itself. Is yours still intact?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 01:01 AM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Garage
You want the fuse panel that's inside the car. The fuse panel under the hood is usually more for engine functions.

As @wither48 suggested, the interior fuse panel in your car is most likely near the a-pillar on the driver's side behind a kick panel.

The owner's manual should have some information about which fuses do what. If you don't have the owner's manual, the fuse panel is usually labeled, and there's a diagram on the inside of the kick panel you just removed to get at the fuses.

Generally speaking, the radio is on a 10A fuse by itself, as are the interior lights. The power door locks are probably on a separate fuse or circuit breaker. Check all the relevant fuses anyway.

If the fuses look okay, they may still be blown. It's sometimes hard to tell through just a visual inspection. Grab yourself a multimeter or continuity tester to check the fuses.

I suspect, however, that assuming these aren't three separate issues and instead are somehow related, more likely you have a bad or loose ground somewhere. That'll be harder to track down, so start with the fuses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page