Adjust headlight height on 2016 w/ LED headlights? - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Our 2017 6 came with halogen light bulbs so I put on LED bulbs on my truck and they are bright so I said let me put them on the 6 wrong they aren’t as bright and why is because of the projection lenses it scatters the light so it’s not bright.

So I viewed some vids on You Tube and sure enough projection lenses need HID light kit so I ordered some eBay OPT7 Blitz kit and it was a no go they didn’t turn on I had to buy and install a OPT7 relay kit now they turn on and are bright I’m very happy with them.

Another thing our 6 is not a Grand Touring so if the GT comes with LED bulbs they must be dark at night or I’m I missing something just sharing?

One more thing I bought the 55watts Blitz kit for $29.99 or was it $39.99 and the relay kit was less than $10.00 bucks it’s still cheaper than OPT7 LED kit that won’t be as bright.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
The LED headlights on the GT are bright; similar to the factory HIDs I had on a different vehicle. The GT LED headlight assembly appears to be an engineered unit, which is different than just throwing an LED bulb into a socket.

2017 Grand Touring, Soul Red
OEM Splash Guards|OEM Cargo Net|LED Courtesy Lights|LED License Plate Lights|OEM Android Auto/Carplay Retrofit|Remote Start
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom-Zoom6 View Post
Our 2017 6 came with halogen light bulbs so I put on LED bulbs on my truck and they are bright so I said let me put them on the 6 wrong they arenít as bright and why is because of the projection lenses it scatters the light so itís not bright.

So I viewed some vids on You Tube and sure enough projection lenses need HID light kit so I ordered some eBay OPT7 Blitz kit and it was a no go they didnít turn on I had to buy and install a OPT7 relay kit now they turn on and are bright Iím very happy with them.

Another thing our 6 is not a Grand Touring so if the GT comes with LED bulbs they must be dark at night or Iím I missing something just sharing?

One more thing I bought the 55watts Blitz kit for $29.99 or was it $39.99 and the relay kit was less than $10.00 bucks itís still cheaper than OPT7 LED kit that wonít be as bright.
Those 55watt bulbs get HOT. Domt be surprised I'd your light output starts to diminish. The heat will melt the cheap chrome on the projector bowl and it will start to bubble and peel.

www.Hidplanet.com has a wealth of knowledge, but dont go there will a narrow mindset. It's a lot of useful information regarding and proven FACTS about hid and led lightening.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

*2014 M6GT, Maxie G, stock as she can be.
*2009 Mazda 3 Sport - Sold
*1993 Mazda Protťgť, Sell Pending*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:40 AM

Thanks for the info guys and would you suggest I put on 35 watt HID bulbs?

Another thing are your saying the 55 watt bulbs I have will ruin the projector assembly because I don’t need that?

I wrote that the Grand Touring comes with LED bulbs I’m thinking the headlights on them should be dark as they were when I tried them any input on this guys??
Thanks! RJ
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:48 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
This has been bugging me, thinking they were a bit too low. Man, I love this forum!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom-Zoom6 View Post
Thanks for the info guys and would you suggest I put on 35 watt HID bulbs?

Another thing are your saying the 55 watt bulbs I have will ruin the projector assembly because I donít need that?

I wrote that the Grand Touring comes with LED bulbs Iím thinking the headlights on them should be dark as they were when I tried them any input on this guys??
Thanks! RJ
I would suggest 35 watts. OEM hid projectors have fried from using 55 watts. I'm sure a halogen projector would be no exception.

OEM LED headlights are engineered units. They are not last years headlights with LED bulbs thrown in. My uncles has a 2017 Acura MDX with LED headlights and those things are AMAZING. It's right up their with ANY OEM HID system.

SOME oem projectors, HID and / or Halogen has good and bad outcomes with LED bulbs. Some halogen projectors have good results with HID bulbs, and some dont. Some oem reflectors have good results with HID bulbs, and most dont. It just depends. Not everything works with everything else.

My wife has a $31k 2016 Kia Optima, with halogen projectors. I have some led bulbs coming today to see if they perform better, before I buy a HID kit from www.theretrofitsource.com.

It's all trial and error. In the end, the halogen bulbs may be the best answer since that is what they projectors were designed around.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

*2014 M6GT, Maxie G, stock as she can be.
*2009 Mazda 3 Sport - Sold
*1993 Mazda Protťgť, Sell Pending*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 04:24 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page