Smart Rover 9" Android Head Unit. - Page 39 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

 33Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #381 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 04:23 AM
Learners License
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by monito11 View Post
Palenke are you running 6.0.1 on your HU and is everything working fine. Do you have any screenshots?
Hi,

I use version 7.1.2 and I have installed the Russian Redmod firmware.
I still can not upload links or videos, because I'm new to the forum
Palenke is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #382 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 12:11 AM
Learners License
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadStyle View Post
No saving it, after getting in taking and out the caps, it's actually the circuit board that fried in one spot which is in the Amplifier area, the Amplifier is built into the board itself, it's not separate.
Was reading the thread from page 1.
This post broke my heart
cutepoison is offline  
post #383 of 399 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 12:32 AM
Learners License
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
For anyone who doesn't want to read the whole thread, here's the summary
1. There are lots of similar Chinese units. Smart Rover is what 90% got and is trusted.
2. The unit has positive reviews. Consensus is that this unit is much better than the stock
3. The unit is plug and play with the following exceptions
*Rear camera works for manual transmissions but you have to do a workaround with a diff connector. (Its on page 16)
*For Bose to work you have to do a little modification to 1 wire. (It is somewhere in this thread)
4. The unit died for 2 users after approx. 1.5 years
5. The audio quality is the same and this unit is not for audiophiles. (Unless you install a DSP, LOC and an Amp)
6. The bluetooth is worse than stock HU but you can install the native apps e.g. spotify directly on the HU.
7. You can root the unit and apparently there is good support from xda as well.
8. Rear view camera looks stretched and pixelated. No one has yet replaced it with an aftermarket camera yet.
9. You can adjust the color of touch buttons to any color. The unit comes with an app for that
10. The default vehicle settings work. The unit comes with an app for that too.
11. The CAN bus works, shows which door is open, triggers reverse camera (atleast on auto) , parking sensors work too if your car has them
12. Steering keys all work (via CANbus)
13. HMI Commander knob doesn't work and no one has been able to reprogram it to any other key e.g. volume +/- . Android doesn't recognize/register it

FWIW, I got carried away by the looks of it, both the 9" and 8" look super cool however I don't think I'll spend $400 on it.
monito11 and kindacooldad like this.
cutepoison is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to cutepoison For This Useful Post:
kindacooldad (01-31-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #384 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
MadStyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 127 Times in 93 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutepoison View Post
For anyone who doesn't want to read the whole thread, here's the summary
1. There are lots of similar Chinese units. Smart Rover is what 90% got and is trusted.
2. The unit has positive reviews. Consensus is that this unit is much better than the stock
3. The unit is plug and play with the following exceptions
*Rear camera works for manual transmissions but you have to do a workaround with a diff connector. (Its on page 16)
*For Bose to work you have to do a little modification to 1 wire. (It is somewhere in this thread)
4. The unit died for 2 users after approx. 1.5 years
5. The audio quality is the same and this unit is not for audiophiles. (Unless you install a DSP, LOC and an Amp)
6. The bluetooth is worse than stock HU but you can install the native apps e.g. spotify directly on the HU.
7. You can root the unit and apparently there is good support from xda as well.
8. Rear view camera looks stretched and pixelated. No one has yet replaced it with an aftermarket camera yet.
9. You can adjust the color of touch buttons to any color. The unit comes with an app for that
10. The default vehicle settings work. The unit comes with an app for that too.
11. The CAN bus works, shows which door is open, triggers reverse camera (atleast on auto) , parking sensors work too if your car has them
12. Steering keys all work (via CANbus)
13. HMI Commander knob doesn't work and no one has been able to reprogram it to any other key e.g. volume +/- . Android doesn't recognize/register it

FWIW, I got carried away by the looks of it, both the 9" and 8" look super cool however I don't think I'll spend $400 on it.

Pretty much correct on all your breakdowns, but I would still buy this again if I had to, luckily the seller repaired the radio for me took 4 weeks, had to send the radio back.. Commander Knob works only in a limited fashion for going back and forth in songs in apps like Spotify or up and down selections and pressing knob to select depending on apps. Curretly my radio is rooted with RedMod instead of the stock OS that came with the radio, app switching and running mutiple apps at the same is just faster.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


MadStyle is offline  
post #385 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 02:12 PM
Learners License
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy989 View Post
Android_4_1024X600_DATA-6GB_USER-7.2GB
guy989 can I get your help. I've downloaded that file twice from ???????? ??? ???????????? MBR ??????, ?????? 4CORE. - ???????? ??? ???????????? ?? ????????? Allwinner R16, T3, T8. It comes in a .rar file which I extract to show a .img file. However, when I try to open the img file it says "unable to open file is corrupt". I've tried downloading it twice (the 1024x600 file). Do you still have the file you used? Do you simply put the .img in the root folder of a USB flash drive or do you have to extract the contents of the .img file? Because I've tried updating the HU using the .img file but the HU doesn't recognize it.
Habaku is offline  
post #386 of 399 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 02:33 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaku View Post
guy989 can I get your help. I've downloaded that file twice from ???????? ??? ???????????? MBR ??????, ?????? 4CORE. - ???????? ??? ???????????? ?? ????????? Allwinner R16, T3, T8. It comes in a .rar file which I extract to show a .img file. However, when I try to open the img file it says "unable to open file is corrupt". I've tried downloading it twice (the 1024x600 file). Do you still have the file you used? Do you simply put the .img in the root folder of a USB flash drive or do you have to extract the contents of the .img file? Because I've tried updating the HU using the .img file but the HU doesn't recognize it.
I did not have an issue with extracting the file. However, this is not a simple upload to usb and flash deal. This needs to be flash through a computer with a USB A to A cable. The flashing process is here: ?????????? ?? ???????? ?? ??? ?????? ?????????? ???? ? ??? ?????? - ???????? ??? ???????????? ?? ????????? Allwinner R16, T3, T8
guy989 is offline  
post #387 of 399 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 10:50 AM
Learners License
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
I also had installed such head unit, the name of mine is Smarty Trend.
I have Mazda 6
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	221226  
OCTOGONPC likes this.

Life is life
Mazdalex is offline  
post #388 of 399 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 07:17 PM
Learners License
 
Interlukens 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Hey guys, bit of a problem here.

I upgraded to the newest unit (7.1.2, T8 processor) when my original one got buggy. Tried to upgrade to RedMod and got stuck at this screen. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180819_190102.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	976.3 KB
ID:	223322  

Interlukens 1-2015 Mazda 6 Touring, MTX. Mods- H&R Sport Springs, Smart Rover Android HU, LED interior and reverse lights, LED ambient lighting.
Interlukens 1 is offline  
post #389 of 399 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
MadStyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 127 Times in 93 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlukens 1 View Post
Hey guys, bit of a problem here.

I upgraded to the newest unit (7.1.2, T8 processor) when my original one got buggy. Tried to upgrade to RedMod and got stuck at this screen. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
Cannot help you with that one, The unit in here is the Allwinner R16 which only goes to Android 6. Try the redmod forum for help on this or email Karog directly for help on this.. suggest emailing Karog if you paid for the mod.



???????? Allwinner T8 - ANDROID 7.1.2 - ???????? ??? ???????????? ?? ????????? Allwinner R16, T3, T8


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


MadStyle is offline  
post #390 of 399 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 08:23 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlukens 1 View Post
Hey guys, bit of a problem here.

I upgraded to the newest unit (7.1.2, T8 processor) when my original one got buggy. Tried to upgrade to RedMod and got stuck at this screen. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
If you are using the FREE RedMod from this thread, it is only for R16. For the T8 that you have, it needs to be bought from the developer. You can try this stock firmware https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wvZ...VR57fUZ-3/view
guy989 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome