Here is an example of a top notch m6 android HU - Page 15 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 253 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Odds are It's not the active mic(original mic in car) remember the HU has an internal mic in front of HU as well as the external mic to hook up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 253 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesus View Post
Yes, you need to set all of that before you remove the factory headunit. It will retain all the info in the car's systems, but you won't be able to change it unless you put the factory back in.
Then this won't work for me. I want to retain all the existing functionality and the commander nob. Not worth the $$ and hassle. Won't improve the resale value.

2014 Soul Red GT w/ I-ELOOP (tech pkg)
Huskyliner Floor and Trunk Mats, White Interior LEDs, Fog, Front Lip, Door Handle, Rear Reflector Chrome Accents, SS Door Sill Plates and Bumper protector, Splash Guards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #143 of 253 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBiker View Post
Then this won't work for me. I want to retain all the existing functionality and the commander nob. Not worth the $$ and hassle. Won't improve the resale value.
So generally from what I understand, a trade-in value is rarely improved from an aftermarket HU. The recommendations I've read suggest to put the factory unit back into the vehicle before you try to trade in the car because if anything it can lower the trade-in value.

Once I can find a solution that works and fits the 2016, I'm not doing it for the resale value. I'm going to do it for my sanity and because I seethe at the broken and terrible Mazda UX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 253 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Almost no aftermarket work improves resale value. I'd recommend just keeping the head unit in a closet until you go to sell the car and throw it back in. I hate the commander knob personally, so I lost no functionality.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
rjhornsby likes this.
post #145 of 253 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Right, will wait until all the functionality can be used.

2014 Soul Red GT w/ I-ELOOP (tech pkg)
Huskyliner Floor and Trunk Mats, White Interior LEDs, Fog, Front Lip, Door Handle, Rear Reflector Chrome Accents, SS Door Sill Plates and Bumper protector, Splash Guards

post #146 of 253 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Right, will wait until all the functionality can be used.
I think some of you have not seen my thread on this.. Commander Knob works for the most part.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/electric...head-unit.html

post #147 of 253 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 06:19 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisma View Post
Nice find! That is not a joying (KLD) ROM, that is a KED rom, which is what mine (and most of these other variants we are looking at on aliexpress) is based on. I have the same problem trying to launch the app tho, it just closes right away. I have a feeling it is trying to call some sort of file or app that doesn't exist.
Even though I have the right hardware to accept that firmware, I don't have the balls to try it. Don't care to brick my unit, but if I can find a way to install recovery (or if I can find a way to load ROMs without booting into the main settings) it might be worth trying. I might try to see if I can extract the files somehow and search for something canbus related.
I know I'm just looking into getting one, but saw this, and don't know if you found an answer. What you need to do is root the device and put the file into the system app folder and change the settings to R-RW-RW
post #148 of 253 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
got my 9" HU fully working, cam, joystick, BOSE and all. Extremely happy. The only snag was connecting two naked wires labeled AMP CON on both sides (not fully plug and play) but in the end, everything was labeled and everything works flawlessly!
post #149 of 253 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewltea View Post
So the active speaker does work but Ok Google doesn't launch. I installed the Google launcher so I expected it to work. If I manually start it and then speak it recognizes my voice. I can live with that but would love for it to work as Google intended haha.

Hisma, was there anything special you had to do to get the OBII to work?
interesting. when i installed google launcher "ok google" works from anywhere on the home screen. One thing I did though is root the unit w/ kingroot
[ROOT ANDROID][2.x-5.1] KINGROOT: The One-Cl… | Android Development and Hacking
then I downloaded the newest google now launcher from xda. You may or may not be able to install the latest google now launcher without root, but rooting the unit does not hurt it in any way. I also installed titanium backup and got rid of some of the apps I never use.

As for OBDII, if bluetooth is not reading it, see if your phone can see it. If both your phone and your unit aren't seeing it, you got a bad module. Those ELM327 modules are really cheap and are known to be unreliable. You can try another higher quality module from amazon. You should be able to use any android compatible BT OBDII module. Worst-case you can use a USB OBDII module.
post #150 of 253 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 03:22 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisma View Post
interesting. when i installed google launcher "ok google" works from anywhere on the home screen. One thing I did though is root the unit w/ kingroot
[ROOT ANDROID][2.x-5.1] KINGROOT: The One-Cl… | Android Development and Hacking
then I downloaded the newest google now launcher from xda. You may or may not be able to install the latest google now launcher without root, but rooting the unit does not hurt it in any way. I also installed titanium backup and got rid of some of the apps I never use.

As for OBDII, if bluetooth is not reading it, see if your phone can see it. If both your phone and your unit aren't seeing it, you got a bad module. Those ELM327 modules are really cheap and are known to be unreliable. You can try another higher quality module from amazon. You should be able to use any android compatible BT OBDII module. Worst-case you can use a USB OBDII module.

thanks. i think my obii is busted since my phone cant see in. i got a extra camera and it works when plugged into the video in aux rca through the aux app. Dont see anything when plugged into the fcam rca. Any ideas how to get the fcam input working?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page