2014 Mazda6 GT i-ELOOP dead battery experience - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
2014 Mazda6 GT i-ELOOP dead battery experience

I just wanted to share my experience with you all ...

Background:
- Car bought new in Sept. 2013 (dealer is 45 miles from home)
- Car serviced at another deal who is few miles from home.
- All oil changes and recalls are done on time including Recall#: 14V173000 for charging system

About a month ago, I started to get "Battery management system inspection required", see photo. Driving while the message on, the i-Eloop gets disabled (doesn't charge) - this is normal. Driving the car for few miles and turning the engine off/on, the message disappears and the i-ELOOP will start charging again. I took it to the dealer near me and was told the battery is bad and needs to be changed. I was quoted $375 (prorated 25% covered by Mazda, and 75% me). I didn't feel OK with the amount as I overheard one of the service ladies telling her supervisor that it will cost him $200 just before talking to me. I decided to take my car to where I bought my car. The dealer asked to leave the car to check the whole system (alternator, DC/DC convector, and the capacitor). I was offered a 2015 Mazda3 loaner car. By end of the day, I was told it's a bad battery and it will cost me $101.95 I picked my car today (took 2 days + weekend as the battery wasn't available). I was pleasantly surprised that the service manager asked the tech to change the cabinet air filter free of charge.

Please do yourself a favor and shop around when you feel a dealer is over-pricing a service/repair.

Best of luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mazda6_pe.jpg
Views:	10012
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	165985  
The Following User Says Thank You to mag6 For This Useful Post:
ericb (02-14-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 06:01 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hmm, sounds like they might have just charged the battery or something instead of getting a new one because the first dealership's price is on point for the i-ELOOP's special battery. But your post is good advice, always get multiple quotes, even if you're friends with the person.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag6 View Post
I just wanted to share my experience with you all ...

Background:
- Car bought new in Sept. 2013 (dealer is 45 miles from home)
- Car serviced at another deal who is few miles from home.
- All oil changes and recalls are done on time including Recall#: 14V173000 for charging system

About a month ago, I started to get "Battery management system inspection required", see photo. Driving while the message on, the i-Eloop gets disabled (doesn't charge) - this is normal. Driving the car for few miles and turning the engine off/on, the message disappears and the i-ELOOP will start charging again. I took it to the dealer near me and was told the battery is bad and needs to be changed. I was quoted $375 (prorated 25% covered by Mazda, and 75% me). I didn't feel OK with the amount as I overheard one of the service ladies telling her supervisor that it will cost him $200 just before talking to me. I decided to take my car to where I bought my car. The dealer asked to leave the car to check the whole system (alternator, DC/DC convector, and the capacitor). I was offered a 2015 Mazda3 loaner car. By end of the day, I was told it's a bad battery and it will cost me $101.95 I picked my car today (took 2 days + weekend as the battery wasn't available). I was pleasantly surprised that the service manager asked the tech to change the cabinet air filter free of charge.

Please do yourself a favor and shop around when you feel a dealer is over-pricing a service/repair.

Best of luck
BATTERY.. Fits: 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring 2.5L Automatic | My Mazda Part

the one with i-eloop is expensier than the normal one.

Battery; w/o intelligent E-LOOP, w/o intelligent E-LOOP. PARTS: Order by application.; w/o intelligent E-LOOP.
0000806535WB
From $129.95
To $97.44

Battery; w/intelligent E-LOOP, w/intelligent E-LOOP. PARTS: Order by application.; w/intelligent E-LOOP.
PE1T185209U
From $490.00
To $376.05

Should I need the one with E-LOOP or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
i-Eloop cars need the E-Loop battery,,,, period. It is very expensive.

Oh, and wondering why it cost you anything also. You have a 3/36 warranty right??

'16 CX-5 GT
'14 6 GT
'13 Golf R (APR Stage 2+)
'10 GTI (APR K04, 313 WHP)
'07 Mazdaspeed 6 (Cobb, CP-e)
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Learners License

I still have the warranty, got 31,000 miles, 2 years and 5 months.
Plus I bought the extended warranty.

Do you think they will replace it for free?
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
The original battery has 3 years warranty, that is correct. However, replacement price will be prorated based on date of purchase. I doubt that any extended warranty covers battery, break pads .. etc.
My assumption is the first dealer gave me a prorated estimate based on list price. That is how they make money. The second dealer (where I bought the car in 2013), probably prorated the dealer price.

BTW... the battery was replaced (not charged). I know the original battery. It was replaced with Mazda high performance battery and comes with 3 years warranty. Again, shop around before you buy.

Best of luck

Last edited by mag6; 01-05-2016 at 09:00 PM.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Well, my battery died last Saturday and my dealer was asking $480 for the replacement. My car is 20 months old (April 2014) and obviously, I was infuriated with the amount of money they were asking for a battery which price was been prorated 50/50. I rapidly searched the internet for prices and show the service manager that the battery's price (oem) was $490 M.S.R.P everywhere and I refused to pay that absurd amount. After a few minutes discussing the situation with them the manager made a few calls to Mazda and they decided to cover the new battery cost under warranty.

atxyde
2014 MAZDA 6 GT / Tech Package
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atxyde View Post
Well, my battery died last Saturday and my dealer was asking $480 for the replacement. My car is 20 months old (April 2014) and obviously, I was infuriated with the amount of money they were asking for a battery which price was been prorated 50/50. I rapidly searched the internet for prices and show the service manager that the battery's price (oem) was $490 M.S.R.P everywhere and I refused to pay that absurd amount. After a few minutes discussing the situation with them the manager made a few calls to Mazda and they decided to cover the new battery cost under warranty.
I believe I am on the same situation right now, I took my car yesterday, the battery was "good", but they reset something. After I got out of work, i got the warning message again, called mazda and they told me to take the car back to the same dealer. They gave me a rental car, I paid for the taxes :@. I called today when I was out of work, and they said that they couldn't figure out the problem yet.

I guess I will need a new battery, I am 2 years an 5 months with my car. I dont want to pay full price of the battery
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 05:30 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I've been getting the "Battery management system inspection required" off and on since I purchased my 2015 GT about 16 months ago. I had the dealer check the battery at my last service and they said everything was fine. A month later I came out to a dead car (locks, clock, everything - 100% dead).

I jumped the 6 and took it into the dealer, they checked it out, and told me (ready for this?) that apparently at the factory they ran out of the special i-eloop batteries and subbed a regular battery, thinking it would be replaced presumably before the car was purchased. Well obviously that didn't happen, and the car was delivered with the wrong battery under the hood!

Now I've been stuck for 1.5 weeks waiting for a special i-eloop battery to arrive. What a mess. At least I don't have to pay for this screwup!!
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 11:36 PM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloperador View Post
I've been getting the "Battery management system inspection required" off and on since I purchased my 2015 GT about 16 months ago. I had the dealer check the battery at my last service and they said everything was fine. A month later I came out to a dead car (locks, clock, everything - 100% dead).

I jumped the 6 and took it into the dealer, they checked it out, and told me (ready for this?) that apparently at the factory they ran out of the special i-eloop batteries and subbed a regular battery, thinking it would be replaced presumably before the car was purchased. Well obviously that didn't happen, and the car was delivered with the wrong battery under the hood!

Now I've been stuck for 1.5 weeks waiting for a special i-eloop battery to arrive. What a mess. At least I don't have to pay for this screwup!!
Fuuuuuu.... i got that warning since December, last time i left my car for a week at the dealarship, i need to go back and check if they have the right battery installed...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page