'14 Nav/Radio/Head Unit Petition for S/W Update! - Page 115 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1141 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Lucky man, my dealer called me today and said that they will not have the new unit until April 5. Must be a lot of people looking for them.
I went in on Monday, they ordered it. It arrived today, having it installed tomorrow. I'm surprised you have to wait until then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptystreets130 View Post
I just schedule an appointment for Monday. Service rep said it's a two step process. So I'm guessing I'll be dropping my car off twice.
Regardless what was said earlier in this post, it is a 2 step process. I also have a 2015 CX-5 with the same issue, and I have to go in first complaining about the issues listed in the TSB, then the service dept, gets authorization to order the part and you have to go back to get it installed.
post #1143 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciucca View Post
Regardless what was said earlier in this post, it is a 2 step process. I also have a 2015 CX-5 with the same issue, and I have to go in first complaining about the issues listed in the TSB, then the service dept, gets authorization to order the part and you have to go back to get it installed.
Oh, I'm sure it's supposed to be a two step process, with the first step being that they validate your "complaint" is real.

But I figure if you raise enough hell they'd at least attempt to fix any issue whether they can replicate it or not, especially an issue with a TSB against it. So why not do that over the phone then go in to have it replaced?

It is common knowledge that this is a firmware problem on every single unit, I mean over 1000 posts here and not a single one refuting this functionality problem.

If they can't get that through their head over the phone, then tell them they are calling you a liar at worst and causing you double the inconvenience at best, so you will maintain you car at the Mazda dealership across town from now on if that's the way they treat their customers in the service department.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Flowmaster dBX Exhaust---Corksport SRI W/Cold Air Box---OrangeVirus Tuned ECU---90lb Weight Red.---Shifter Mods

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1144 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdouble99 View Post
Fucking fast

It load the last song that was playing and after it load the rest of the usb, so it took a moment to laod all the usb, but at least your last song start almost instantly
Double, you have a 2014 M6 GT with MT, in the USA?
post #1145 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 12:12 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliche View Post
Double, you have a 2014 M6 GT with MT, in the USA?
Nop, Montreal,Canada

2014 Black Mazda 6 GT MT
- Corksport Lowering Spring - Corksport LED fog Light Kit - Corksport LED Interior Light Kit - Corksport Shifter bushing
- RX8 R3 19x8 et47 wheels - Michelin PSS 245/40ZR19
- 3M Gloss Black Chrome Wrap
- Autoexe Shifter Knob

post #1146 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdouble99 View Post
Nop, Montreal,Canada
Ah, I see, thanks, and lucky you man!
post #1147 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 12:00 PM
Learners License

Got back from the dealership. BT module installed, the ipod menu now works the way you would expect. Starts from the song it left off on. can shuffle. I got what I expected. The pairing took about 30 seconds instead of the 4 minutes as before. Overall I am done with radio updates. It would be great if the BT menu had the shuffle button ungrayed out, but it is what it is. Overall with the new BT module the radio is no longer an issue for me.

Best of luck to everyone.

Last edited by ciucca; 03-13-2015 at 12:06 PM.
post #1148 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 12:05 PM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by solar365 View Post
Oh, I'm sure it's supposed to be a two step process, with the first step being that they validate your "complaint" is real.

But I figure if you raise enough hell they'd at least attempt to fix any issue whether they can replicate it or not, especially an issue with a TSB against it. So why not do that over the phone then go in to have it replaced?

It is common knowledge that this is a firmware problem on every single unit, I mean over 1000 posts here and not a single one refuting this functionality problem.

If they can't get that through their head over the phone, then tell them they are calling you a liar at worst and causing you double the inconvenience at best, so you will maintain you car at the Mazda dealership across town from now on if that's the way they treat their customers in the service department.
I see your point, but sometimes you need to have patience with the service center. Sometimes they are constrained by policy either their dealership or the parent (Mazda). Especially on warranty work if they want to get paid by Mazda they need to follow all the steps and procedures.
post #1149 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 12:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciucca View Post
Got back from the dealership. BT module installed, the ipod menu now works the way you would expect. Starts from the song it left off on. can shuffle. I got what I expected. The pairing took about 30 seconds instead of the 4 minutes as before. Overall I am done with radio updates. It would be great if the BT menu had the shuffle button ungrayed out, but it is what it is. Overall with the new BT module the radio is no longer an issue for me.

Best of luck to everyone.
Glad to hear it's working for you.
post #1150 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
So to make sure I have this correct or to make sure my dealer has it correct...

I have to go in first to have them check which module I have for them to give me what they said "a bluetooth number" to call to order the part. Then when the part gets shipped (which is in a couple days) I come back in and get the new bluetooth module installed which should take less than an hour.

Does that sound accurate? Because that's what the dealership was trying to say.

Also if I am out of warranty, am I still covered to get this put in free of charge? If I am covered and the dealer tries to make me pay is there a number for me to call?

Thank you sorry for the questions cause I'm confused on the step-by-step process.

2014 Mazda 6 GT Jet Black Mica

(
)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page