'14 Nav/Radio/Head Unit Petition for S/W Update! - Page 106 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1051 of 1307 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atxyde View Post
Also I'm really tired of canceling the phonebook download every time I start the car, if I forget I have to wait 2 o 3 minutes to navigate the phonebook. Sometimes the procedure fails and the phonebook is inaccessible unless I shut the car off and start on again.
Why do you have to download the phonebook every time you start the car? I only have had to download the phonebook when I hard reset my phone or need to pair a new phone (Google Nexus 5).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Current Mazda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Mazda6 Signature
Machine Gray Metallic

Previous Mazdas
2014.5 Mazda6 GT
Meteor Gray Mica

2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Sunlight Silver

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Velocity Red

2003 Mazda6 Sport V6
Glacier Silver

1996 Mazda MX-6 V6
Emerald Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1307 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6guy View Post
Why do you have to download the phonebook every time you start the car? I only have had to download the phonebook when I hard reset my phone or need to pair a new phone (Google Nexus 5).
Every time I start the car the HU downloads all the contacts. I have a Samsung S5. This is a well documented issue and happens with all phones. You are the first person that I know without this issue.

atxyde
2014 MAZDA 6 GT / Tech Package
post #1053 of 1307 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Every time I start the car the HU downloads all the contacts. I have a Samsung S5. This is a well documented issue and happens with all phones. You are the first person that I know without this issue.
I never have to reload my contacts with my Nexus 5 either. Don't have to with my Galaxy Nexus either. Only if I deleted my phone entirely from the HU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1054 of 1307 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone160 View Post
I never have to reload my contacts with my Nexus 5 either. Don't have to with my Galaxy Nexus either. Only if I deleted my phone entirely from the HU
That's weird. Mine starts to download every time and I have to cancel it if I dont want to wait. Maybe you have another version of the BT module or you dont have a lot of contacts to download.

atxyde
post #1055 of 1307 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 04:30 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
That's weird. Mine starts to download every time and I have to cancel it if I dont want to wait. Maybe you have another version of the BT module or you dont have a lot of contacts to download.
Same here. Iphone 5, Iphone 5s and Iphone 6. I too am surprised to hear people do not have the download on start up everytime.

post #1056 of 1307 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
There is definitely something wrong with either your Galaxy S5 or your head unit in the Mazda6. Maybe you have a faulty memory module so it is not saving the phonebook info? Have you setup Speed Dial? Do your Speed Dial contacts save? Those will reset when resetting or adding a new phone also.

Right now I have only 531 contacts, but I've had as many as 1,100 on the Nexus 5 and have never had an issue. It loads the first time during setup, and sometimes takes a couple minutes, but after that I am never asked to download the phonebook unless I wipe my phone of add a different phone.

Text messages rarely download, so I don't enable that feature. But that is a known issue.

Current Mazda

2018 Mazda6 Signature
Machine Gray Metallic

Previous Mazdas
2014.5 Mazda6 GT
Meteor Gray Mica

2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Sunlight Silver

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Velocity Red

2003 Mazda6 Sport V6
Glacier Silver

1996 Mazda MX-6 V6
Emerald Green
post #1057 of 1307 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6guy View Post
There is definitely something wrong with either your Galaxy S5 or your head unit in the Mazda6. Maybe you have a faulty memory module so it is not saving the phonebook info? Have you setup Speed Dial? Do your Speed Dial contacts save? Those will reset when resetting or adding a new phone also.

Right now I have only 531 contacts, but I've had as many as 1,100 on the Nexus 5 and have never had an issue. It loads the first time during setup, and sometimes takes a couple minutes, but after that I am never asked to download the phonebook unless I wipe my phone of add a different phone.

Text messages rarely download, so I don't enable that feature. But that is a known issue.
Dude, there's nothing wrong with my S5. So far I have paired my S5, previous S4 and S3, my wife 's iPhone 5S and her previous iPhone 4S and with ALL of them is the same thing. As I told you, your case is not the norm, search this forum and the web including the CX-5 and you will see. There are some owners without this problem with build date prior to 10/2013. Can you post your build date?

atxyde
post #1058 of 1307 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 10:46 AM

My build date is 05/2013.

Current Mazda

2018 Mazda6 Signature
Machine Gray Metallic

Previous Mazdas
2014.5 Mazda6 GT
Meteor Gray Mica

2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Sunlight Silver

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Velocity Red

2003 Mazda6 Sport V6
Glacier Silver

1996 Mazda MX-6 V6
Emerald Green
post #1059 of 1307 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I can confirm that on mine i dont have to download the contacts everytime. The only time i downloaded the contacts was when i first paired the phone. (Tested with motox, iphone 5 and iphone 6).

My build is on or before 10/2013 because i bought my car on 11/2013 and it was sitting in the dealer lot. But i will double check and report back.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2014 Mazda6 GT, Soul Red
post #1060 of 1307 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Groans: 20
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone160 View Post
My Nexus 5 downloads contacts every time I start the car, even if nothing has changed with the contacts. Although it is very fast and there is nothing visual to tell you this is happening unless you are on the Pandora or BT tab.

2015 Mazda6 Grand Touring.
2003 Mazda6 S Sedan. MTX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page