'14 Nav/Radio/Head Unit Petition for S/W Update! - Page 105 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1041 of 1307 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atxyde View Post
Let me explain myself with this scenario. The HU takes 4 to 5 minutes to show my usb music. After that I have to search for the artist/song that I want to listen because the stupid thing can't remember ther last song I was listening. So, imaging making short stops, like going to the gas station, and repeating this procedure everytime I start the car waiting 4 long minutes. Working arounf the issue I do as others members are doing. Shutting the car off in neutral leave the HU powered up and then I put the car in Park. It would be nice if I could lock ther door, at least manually, during those short periods of time that I will be out the car. I know the car is working as it is suposed to do but is a pain to wait all that time to listen my favorite music.
Isn't this awesome? It takes 4-5 minutes after start to play your music? So customers have to risk having their car stolen just to listen to there music. Fabulous mazda!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Flowmaster dBX Exhaust---Corksport SRI W/Cold Air Box---OrangeVirus Tuned ECU---90lb Weight Red.---Shifter Mods

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1042 of 1307 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejdsn View Post
Or, if you put the gear in neutral or reverse (while brake is firmly depressed) and then press the off button, the music will continue to play. Then you can safely put the gear in park. Which, I think, is just as clunky. Haha.
Wow, you literally saved me a ton of hassle by posting this ester egg.

In the last few days I have already used it 3 times, like when I park and have to wait for someone outside or just simply have to prepare some paperwork before walking inside a building.

Current Mazda

2018 Mazda6 Signature
Machine Gray Metallic

Previous Mazdas
2014.5 Mazda6 GT
Meteor Gray Mica

2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Sunlight Silver

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Velocity Red

2003 Mazda6 Sport V6
Glacier Silver

1996 Mazda MX-6 V6
Emerald Green
post #1043 of 1307 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Let me explain myself with this scenario. The HU takes 4 to 5 minutes to show my usb music. After that I have to search for the artist/song that I want to listen because the stupid thing can't remember ther last song I was listening. So, imaging making short stops, like going to the gas station, and repeating this procedure everytime I start the car waiting 4 long minutes. Working arounf the issue I do as others members are doing. Shutting the car off in neutral leave the HU powered up and then I put the car in Park. It would be nice if I could lock ther door, at least manually, during those short periods of time that I will be out the car. I know the car is working as it is suposed to do but is a pain to wait all that time to listen my favorite music.
Will the engine start when without the key when left in ACC mode with the doors unlocked? Someone might be able to just hop in your car and take off.

Fortunately, I never collected a large music collection to lug around. I subscribed to Google Play Music All-Access for $8 a month and find pretty much all the music that I need on there, and I play it through Bluetooth which works reasonably well in the 6.

Have you considered moving your music to the cloud? I know Amazon let's you upload your entire music collection regardless of where you got it from, and I believe Google does as well. That would free you from the USB stick snafus and let you listen to your music through the BT streaming. It does consume data, but I have T-Mobile so I have unlimited LTE data so it's not a problem for me.

Current Mazda

2018 Mazda6 Signature
Machine Gray Metallic

Previous Mazdas
2014.5 Mazda6 GT
Meteor Gray Mica

2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Sunlight Silver

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Velocity Red

2003 Mazda6 Sport V6
Glacier Silver

1996 Mazda MX-6 V6
Emerald Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1044 of 1307 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6guy View Post
Will the engine start when without the key when left in ACC mode with the doors unlocked? Someone might be able to just hop in your car and take off.
No. It will not. The FOB must be inside the car to start the engine, even if the ACC is on, I think. When I do this I always have the car on my sight.

I use other music streaming services like Pandora and Spotify but I have some music that is not available in those services.

atxyde
2014 MAZDA 6 GT / Tech Package
post #1045 of 1307 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I use other music streaming services like Pandora and Spotify but I have some music that is not available in those services.
Yeah but you can upload copies of that music to Amazon or Google and they will let you stream it from their servers. I don't even think Amazon charges. And if your an Amazon Prime member you get access to their music streaming service.

All-in all, it seems that USB sticks in cars are eventually going the way of the CD player (which I have not used once in the 13 months I have owned my 6).

Current Mazda

2018 Mazda6 Signature
Machine Gray Metallic

Previous Mazdas
2014.5 Mazda6 GT
Meteor Gray Mica

2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Sunlight Silver

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Velocity Red

2003 Mazda6 Sport V6
Glacier Silver

1996 Mazda MX-6 V6
Emerald Green
post #1046 of 1307 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Signed

Even through I don't have a third gen, this must really suck. Seems like a lot of problems with the nav systems.

Hopefully the "Zoom-Zoom" makes up for it

Cobb AP - CP-E Nano SRI - CP-E Single exit CBE - CP-E RMM - PG TIP - SLS TP - Forge V1 BPV - HKS Hipermax LS+ Coilovers - Car_LED Tails - Prosport Gauges - Dashhawk - JBR SSP/Counterweight/Bushings/Heavy Shift Knob

- SOLD
Instagram: JKalai
post #1047 of 1307 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 11:57 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well.. I gave up on Mazda.. Decided to fix it myself. When Carplay came out, I realized the only difference between the Pioneer nex7000 and the 4000 was NAV (which you get free with Apple Maps !).

soo a week later and lots of careful work, (only thing left to do is the reverse camera hack..) I am the happiest guy around haha... It is so refreshing to have my Ipod Classic actually turn on in seconds...not 20 minutes.. And everything "just works."

I did a full install of speakers/amp/nex4000/speaker cable rewire and sub.. Siri works great, and I am very happy with the sound tweaking the 4000 lets me do.

I will always be pissed that I had to spend money I don't have on this upgrade.. But I spend a lot of time on the road, and this change made the 6 an exceptional car, from an amazing car with the worst head unit since 1979....

If you are on the fence on doing the swap.. having gone thru the entire ordeal.. I would say yes ... do it. I'm not a pro by any stretch..but can can give short answers if you need a quick tip. (I was not able to do a "how to" etc.)
post #1048 of 1307 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjkalai View Post
Signed

Even through I don't have a third gen, this must really suck. Seems like a lot of problems with the nav systems.

Hopefully the "Zoom-Zoom" makes up for it
Ironically, the latest Consumer Reports Rankings released a few days ago show Mazda jumped from 5th place to 3rd place in overall reliability, behind only Lexus and Toyota . The 2014 Mazda6 was the most reliable Mazda model.

I agree that Mazda has come a long way in terms of reliability. I just find it ironic that I found about these rankings in an article that lists car infotainment systems as the leadng source of complaints among consumers!!

Link:
Reliability survey: Infotainment 'plagues' new cars

Current Mazda

2018 Mazda6 Signature
Machine Gray Metallic

Previous Mazdas
2014.5 Mazda6 GT
Meteor Gray Mica

2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Sunlight Silver

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Velocity Red

2003 Mazda6 Sport V6
Glacier Silver

1996 Mazda MX-6 V6
Emerald Green
post #1049 of 1307 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Garage
Quote:
All-in all, it seems that USB sticks in cars are eventually going the way of the CD player (which I have not used once in the 13 months I have owned my 6).
Possession is 9/10ths of the law, don't you young'uns forget that.

Also whether people think they are paying for it or not we are all paying for transmitting data to and from the cloud via infrastructure and energy costs, which are far bigger for it to be done wirelessly.

Inevitable as it may be, streaming from the cloud wirelessly has notable downsides. What downside is there to having all your music jammed onto something the size of a key fob, other than this crappy head unit that doesn't interface with it properly? After you buy the usb stick it's free for ever after, rather than becoming a structural cost to your monthly cash outflow as a service.

Flowmaster dBX Exhaust---Corksport SRI W/Cold Air Box---OrangeVirus Tuned ECU---90lb Weight Red.---Shifter Mods

;
post #1050 of 1307 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Quote:
Yeah but you can upload copies of that music to Amazon or Google and they will let you stream it from their servers. I don't even think Amazon charges. And if your an Amazon Prime member you get access to their music streaming service.

Well since I don't have an unlimited data plan and I like listening to high quality MP3s I prefer the USB drive for this reason and if Mazda is offering this feature it should be working as any other car with this option. My ex BMW always remembered the last song and I never had to wait 3 to 4 minutes to play my USB files except for the first time that the USB drive was plugged to the system.

Also I'm really tired of canceling the phonebook download every time I start the car, if I forget I have to wait 2 o 3 minutes to navigate the phonebook. Sometimes the procedure fails and the phonebook is inaccessible unless I shut the car off and start on again.

atxyde
2014 MAZDA 6 GT / Tech Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page