MRCC/FOW Radar Blocked! - WTF? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
MRCC/FOW Radar Blocked! - WTF?

So i come out of the movie Olympus Has Fallen (great movie btw) and get in my 2014 Mazda 6 GT about to drive home. All of a sudden I notice a message on the info gage that reads FOW AND MRCC RADAR BLOCKED in bright orange text...

I thought maybe something was in the way, so i looked, nothing there. Shut down and started her up again...same thing.

I drove it 8 miles home and decided to give the Mazda logo a nice wipe as this is where the radar is located and they say to keep in clean (makes sense). I took her for another ride and same thing, only this time cruis control popped on for a SPLIT second and went off again and gave me that warning.

Havent been able to get it to work since. Anyone else having issues with the radar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

MRCC/FOW Radar Blocked! - WTF?

UPDATE: I took her for another random drive 30 minutes later and cruis control worked fine for a few minutes then all of a sudden the "radar blocked" error came out.

Maybe it's just a loose connector or something. It works on and off... It's weird.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Bring it in and get it checked lol... That's why i got the sport.. Didnt really need all the bells and tech... I like the classic drive yourself feel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kagayaku Mokin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Well I got that option for free when I bought the GT model. I took it in today to get looked at...it was the dealers FIRST 2014 Mazda6 so they seemed a little clueless. They said the problem was "red flagged" from Mazda meaning they either knew about the issue, or knew how to fix it. The dealer said they needed more time to give it a test drive since it didnt throw any codes.

They gave me a rental car under warranty and will call me when its ready....
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

I feel a little silly now...

The technicians ended up getting codes that indicated "dirt on the sensor(s)" so they wiped it off with soap and water and I guess its working (havent picked it up yet but thats what they tell me).

I did give it a clean before I went to the dealer, but without thinking I cleaned it with detail spray which im sure left some sort of haze or residue that affected the sensor.

My bad on this one....but for anyone else out there, make sure to wash it with soap and water only!
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Wow, seems like a pain in the butt to always have it clean when drive to prevent this error from coming on. In the snow belt areas this would pop up all the time when snow/salt is on the roads. A small spray bottle of glass cleaner and a rag in the glove box is a band-aid fix

2006 MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring | Velocity Red Mica
DashHawk, CS TIP/SRI/TMIC, SU MM, JB EGR block plate/plug/TB TIG, CPE RDM, Perrin EBCS, Turbosmart BPV,TWM Stage 2 STS + metal bushings, Denso ITV-22, SM OCC, silicone boost tubes, Bilstein HD, LED bulbs, TRS projectors, HID fogs, Hawks pads, Amsoil diff/pto/trans, navi, XCarLink USB
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan83 View Post
I feel a little silly now...

The technicians ended up getting codes that indicated "dirt on the sensor(s)" so they wiped it off with soap and water and I guess its working (havent picked it up yet but thats what they tell me).

I did give it a clean before I went to the dealer, but without thinking I cleaned it with detail spray which im sure left some sort of haze or residue that affected the sensor.

My bad on this one....but for anyone else out there, make sure to wash it with soap and water only!
OK well it turns out there IS a problem still...

I drove 30 miles to pick up the car after they cleaned the radar sensors. Not even out of the dealer parking lot the "radar is blocked" warning came up again.

I made sure not to turn the engine off so they could actually SEE the warning light...sure enough they saw it happen again and took it for a spin. After they came back they told me they gotta "call this one in." They gave me back my loaner and after more than halfway back home, they called me saying they talked to mazda and there IS a malfunction with the radar system on 15 cars but something tells me it might affect more than that.

They had to order me a new radar system and aernt sure when its going to come in because the car is so new. So i drove back up to pick up my car and now I wait for them to call me when the part comes in....

Just makes me wonder what ELSE could be wrong. I need to ask him if my car is free of the check engine light glitch...

Just wanted to update you guy and let you know it doest seem to be an issue on some cars.
The Following User Says Thank You to MagicMan83 For This Useful Post:
daztd (03-27-2013)
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Good luck on that man.... sucks that you bought that lovely 6 just to have a loaner while it's down getting fixed.. hopefully it's not too major of a fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kagayaku Mokin
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Good to know that is wasn't a dirty lens that caused it. I hope they can fix it fast for you. GL

2006 MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring | Velocity Red Mica
DashHawk, CS TIP/SRI/TMIC, SU MM, JB EGR block plate/plug/TB TIG, CPE RDM, Perrin EBCS, Turbosmart BPV,TWM Stage 2 STS + metal bushings, Denso ITV-22, SM OCC, silicone boost tubes, Bilstein HD, LED bulbs, TRS projectors, HID fogs, Hawks pads, Amsoil diff/pto/trans, navi, XCarLink USB
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Well I have the 6 for now. Then once the part comes in ill bring it back to get fixed. Should only take half a day. I'm not worried... Just sucks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page