Bose head unit works but no sound:(??? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bose head unit works but no sound:(???

So my Bose sound isn't working I checked the relay and the audio fuse both fine, the head unit and all works except no sound I checked the speakers to see if they were blown but their not.....I haven't touched any of the wires what's wrong?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
it happens to me as well. Everything looks fine but no sound. So I ordered a used BOSE amp from ebay. After the swap, problem solved. (the amp is under the front passenger seat)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Groans: 1
I bought a new amp replaced it but still no sound is it possible that the headunit can display but something is blown in the headunit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 01:06 AM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmattc View Post
I bought a new amp replaced it but still no sound is it possible that the headunit can display but something is blown in the headunit
I am currently in the same exact position with my car producing no sound but the head unit appears to be working. I've replaced my Bose amp with one I purchased on eBay to no avail. Did you ever get this problem fixed?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
How did you check to see if the speakers were blown? If one of the speakers are blown or wires grounding out it can send the amp into protect mode. I would try as worst case scenario disconnecting all speakers and plugging them up one by one until the sound goes out. This is one method.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 04:05 PM
Learners License

I had this exact same problem and the information available on the internet is surprisingly sparse for this issue, despite it being fairly common. Strangely, it was a thread for the Millenia where I found the clues to the source of the problem.

The issue is, apparently, the head unit, at some point starts to fail to send a low amp signal to the Bose Relay under the hood...and once this signal fails to be sent, the relay never switches, and the Bose amp never powers on. The strange thing is, this failure can be intermittent as mine was. I went three weeks with no audio, then all of the sudden it started working again. This is how I knew for sure that A) no fuses were blown and B) my amp wasn't toast.

Under the hood, you can remove the not-broken relay for the Bose system and place a paperclip on the two silver contacts, completing the circuit to power your amp. If your issue is the same as mine you'll have sound as soon as you turn your stereo on. I suppose it's possible you just have a bad relay, but I swapped mine with a neighboring good relay, and nothing changed.

I haven't yet implemented a permanent work-around for this failure of the head unit's, but there are definitely many ways to work around this. I haven't decided yet which way I want to go. I currently have a 10 amp fuse jammed into the silver contacts, meaning my amp is technically always on But I have sound back!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page