2011 Side Mirrors w/ Turn Signals - Page 5 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would say the factory harness is missing the wires for the blinkers as your car didn't supposes to come with these, is like me, I will have to run wires to the mirror in order to make the blinkers work.

2011 Techno White Pearl GS w/comfort pkg, Gloss black roof wrap, Smoked Headlights and Tailights, 20% tint all around, RX-8 R3 19" rims with 225/45/19 Yokohamas, Eibach Pro Kit springs, H7 6k HID, Nokya Hyper Yellow High Beams, 60 LED Switch back signal/running lights, full LED interior swap, Weather Tech Digital fit mats, 8" OEM like DVD/GPS, Audison Bit Ten D Procesor, Alpine PDX V9 5Ch Amp, Hybrid Audio Imagines I61-2 components, JL Audio 10W7 Pro Wedge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtvanhoy View Post
I have a 2010 Mazda6 Grand Touring I and my car did not come with the side mirror blinkers. A few weeks ago I was pulling into my garage and wasn't paying attention and I hit my passengers side mirror and it broke. I recently bought a replacement mirror on eBay and when it arrive it was one with the blinker lights in it. At first I was just going to send it back but I decided to see if it would fit and much to my surprise it fits just like the factory one. Everything on the new mirror works such as the blind side alerts, and the power but the blinker does not work. I noticed that the plug end that goes into the mirror has a lot of cables going into it and there are more pins on the mirror side than my factory mirror had so I am not sure why the blinkers themselves aren't working unless there is a fuse missing that makes this work. I checked both of my fuse panels and I don't see any obvious ones missing.
do you have the link to the one you purchased?

2009 Mazda 6 - Performance White V6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ankit69 For This Useful Post:
tommyz23 (05-28-2013)
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit69 View Post
do you have the link to the one you purchased?
Found this one, the mirror is not heated but you can always swap your heated in.

Mazda 6 Left Side View Mirror 2009 13 New Non Heated w Lighted Entry | eBay

2011 Techno White Pearl GS w/comfort pkg, Gloss black roof wrap, Smoked Headlights and Tailights, 20% tint all around, RX-8 R3 19" rims with 225/45/19 Yokohamas, Eibach Pro Kit springs, H7 6k HID, Nokya Hyper Yellow High Beams, 60 LED Switch back signal/running lights, full LED interior swap, Weather Tech Digital fit mats, 8" OEM like DVD/GPS, Audison Bit Ten D Procesor, Alpine PDX V9 5Ch Amp, Hybrid Audio Imagines I61-2 components, JL Audio 10W7 Pro Wedge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolColombian View Post
I would say the factory harness is missing the wires for the blinkers as your car didn't supposes to come with these, is like me, I will have to run wires to the mirror in order to make the blinkers work.
any idea where you are going to be tapping in to get the feed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Sounds like an expensive way to go . If you can do a lot of the work yourself it may be worth a try.
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
do you lose Blind Spot? Typically I have seen heated or Blind Spot, not both

pbnj
White 2009 Mazda 6 i-Touring
post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 04:00 PM

i purchased a set off ebay that CoolColombian posted, and i can confirm that for the 2009, you keep blindspot and heated and it's a direct swap minus the wiring.

I just dropped my side plastic mirror cover to be painted as the hi performance white (2011-13) and white platinum (2009-11) are different colors.

post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit69 View Post
i purchased a set off ebay that CoolColombian posted, and i can confirm that for the 2009, you keep blindspot and heated and it's a direct swap minus the wiring.

I just dropped my side plastic mirror cover to be painted as the hi performance white (2011-13) and white platinum (2009-11) are different colors.
Glad to hear it worked for you, in my case with the covers and lights aleady purchased got to wait for funds to buy the rest from the dealership, I wish I had found those ebay mirrors before I went and bought the other stuff, in any case, I'll post the final results when I finish the conversion.

post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolColombian View Post
Glad to hear it worked for you, in my case with the covers and lights aleady purchased got to wait for funds to buy the rest from the dealership, I wish I had found those ebay mirrors before I went and bought the other stuff, in any case, I'll post the final results when I finish the conversion.
Any updates on your mirror retro-fit?

After reading this thread, I purchased a pair of the mirrors off eBay..and can also verify they're a direct fit. It's too bad Mazda ditched the passenger side dimming function for 2011, but I'll gladly take turn signal folding mirrors in trade for losing the passenger dim function.

Justin
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 03:15 PM

Not done yet, I ended up spending a bunch of money on the sound system so this retro-fit got push till next spring now.

What is this passenger side dimming function you are talking about? I never heard of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page