Interior Climate Control Buttons - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey guys, I searched the forums but can't find anything in regards to the replacement of the climate control button lights (photo attached). My lights went out in both the far left and center buttons (controlling fan speed and air direction/distribution, respectively) in my '03 6s. I haven't taken anything apart yet because I wanted to get some feedback.

Will I need to replace these buttons as a whole, or can I open them up and just replace the light? A photo is attached of what I'm talking about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MAZDA331.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	65962  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
hey citenX - i have had to replace one in the climate and the seat warmer lights in the switches in my car.

disassemble the center stack, and get the burnt out bulb.

go to Radio Shack and go to the section where the little lights are and match it to what you can find. you'll be getting microlamp 12v bulbs: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=family

after you get them, replace the bulbs; very easy shmeasy.

someone else on the forum was told that the entire assembly needed to be replaced - not true! just the little bulb that costs pennies!

i'll find the thread i had about this and point it out to you, but really, the little bulb is just burnt out.

alex

(Traded-in)04Mazda6sSilverBlackLeatherShavedEmblemsMSSprin gsBilsteinHDMS ShifterMSCAIAEMAirStraightenerPowerStopK2449MeganR acingSTBMS6 TailsCordovaMotorSportsTBLightweightFlywheelRacing BeatAxle-BacksCorksportExhaustHangersYokohamaYK580(225/45r17)MB Interlines(48mm)LED'sXtec4000KH3'sSilverstarfronts ignalbulbsPIAAMirrorOrangerearsignalTintCargoNetSu rnoofMazdaMP3BoseZainoRepairedHeadlinerCP-E(Pink60Duro)

15 Mazda 6i Touring MTX/Cargo Net/Tint/Clear Bra
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 03:29 AM
Learners License

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys, I searched the forums but can't find anything in regards to the replacement of the climate control button lights (photo attached). My lights went out in both the far left and center buttons (controlling fan speed and air direction/distribution, respectively) in my '03 6s. I haven't taken anything apart yet because I wanted to get some feedback.

Will I need to replace these buttons as a whole, or can I open them up and just replace the light? A photo is attached of what I'm talking about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/b]
See the sticky lightbulb thread as well, this just came up over there too. I posted the Radio Shack part that should be the right one.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...t&p=1331455
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 04:10 AM
Learners License

hi all
there are some japanes writtings on the center console next to the gear lever in my mazda atenza 2005, an body know what that is??
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I used this link to find out what bulbs to order and replaced them for my wife's '03 Mazda 6:

I ordered the NEO4-R 4mm NEO4-x Red. I ordered 5 of them.

Climate Control Back Light Out - Need Help - Mazdaspeed Forums

I still have issues after replacing them as the fan and hot/cold knobs still don't light. I either installed them wrong or the a/c control board is bad. Wife isn't concerned about it.

Thanks!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 03:45 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noghri2112 View Post
I used this link to find out what bulbs to order and replaced them for my wife's '03 Mazda 6:

I ordered the NEO4-R 4mm NEO4-x Red. I ordered 5 of them.

Climate Control Back Light Out - Need Help - Mazdaspeed Forums

I still have issues after replacing them as the fan and hot/cold knobs still don't light. I either installed them wrong or the a/c control board is bad. Wife isn't concerned about it.

Thanks!

The LED bulbs have a polarity. If they are not lighting then rotate them 180 degrees.

It should be noted that the LED lights are SIGNIFICANTLY brighter than the OEM lights. They do dim and at the lowest dimmer setting on my 2004 6s they are still brighter then the OEM bulbs at full illumination.

They are proving to be a bit distracting so I may slide the original red sleeves off the factory bulbs and replace them with some from Dorman or scavenge some salvage yard ones.

It's comically bright....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mazda 6 heater controls LED.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	226040  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

.MSP brakes &
slotted rotors (320mm)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 01:00 AM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Dang that is super bright lol

- 2007 Mazda 6s Sport Wagon Sport VE, A6, bought Nov 30th '18

- 2017 Chevrolet SS Nightfall Gray 6mt & LS3
- 1957 Chevrolet Sports Sedan
- 1992,1994 Infiniti G20 2.0L, 5mt
- 2000 Infiniti G20 2.0L, auto

Previous Mazdas: 89 & 2 x 92 626s (GD)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page