What Do You Guys Think? - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 03:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Dragz0@aol.com Send a message via MSN to Dragz0@aol.com
Not neva

2005 Mazda6i: Metra Turbo2 kit, Jensen in dash DVD, 2 Audiobahn Alum12Qs, HiFonics Brutus 1200 watt mono amp, Pioneer 300 watt 4 channel amp, Pioneer 5x7 door speakers, Power Acoustik 3 Farad capacitor, Airbox mod, Alfa Otto reverse glow gauge overlays, blue interior LEDs, blue lighted door sills, 20% tint all around, clear side markers, chromed turning signal bulbs, Mazda6club sticker (YEAH!), to be continued...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 04:11 AM
Track Racer

Quote:
Honestly? Pretty stupid looking.[/b]
The reason is this kind of flasher is designed to flash stupidly. Every time you step the pedal, it will flash, not reasonable.Hella is developing a CLEVER flasher for brake LED tails. It will only flash when you make emergency braking. And the -faster your car decelerate, the faster it flashes. It doesn't flash at all when you brake softly.But the cost~~ will be very high.As a 20USD product, it will not be so clever, easy to understand.
Quote:
I did this on my 3rd light. There are pics and video here:http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=78916[/b]
Yes I think it is enough to make only the 3rd brake flash. Do not flash all the brake lamps. Especially the tungsten lamps.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 12:32 AM

Quote:
The reason is this kind of flasher is designed to flash stupidly. Every time you step the pedal, it will flash, not reasonable.Hella is developing a CLEVER flasher for brake LED tails. It will only flash when you make emergency braking. And the -faster your car decelerate, the faster it flashes. It doesn't flash at all when you brake softly.But the cost~~ will be very high.As a 20USD product, it will not be so clever, easy to understand.Yes I think it is enough to make only the 3rd brake flash. Do not flash all the brake lamps. Especially the tungsten lamps.[/b]

I could actually get behind this. Like you said, I would think it would be pretty hard to develop, but if they could somehow tap into the speedometer via the ECU and make the lights flash at speeds below 5mph (ie, when coming to a complete stop), or somehow begin to flash when the braking threshold rises above, say 70%, that would be something worth looking into. It would be overly complicated, probably, and as you said the cost would be high.

2005 Mazda 6i MTX - Pebble Ash. Bone stock, and it will probably stay that way.

Transmission failure due to improperly (factory) installed dowel pin at 65k.
Alternator failure at 75k.
Engine failure due to known engine problems at 81k.
Seat foam failure repeatedly, another known issue, at 48k and 65k.

Good job, Mazda, you've manage to drive away another customer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:22 AM

Why not just base it on the length of brake time? I mean if you hold the brake for an extended period of time then flash them...

Seems like it would work to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
</span></span>
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Thanked 1,168 Times in 855 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Why not just base it on the length of brake time? I mean if you hold the brake for an extended period of time then flash them...

Seems like it would work to me.[/b]
How long would be the "extended period?"

I&#39;d rather have them flash if the brake pedal is to the floor. If you&#39;re behind someone, you&#39;d rather have an extra warning if someone&#39;s hard on the brakes, compared to a longer length of time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:34 AM

Send a message via MSN to 6 Pack
I had thought of an idea a long time ago that would warn the one in back of you that you were doing an emergency braking .... some sort of system where the light shines intensity according to the degree of pressure applied to the brake pedal ! The stronger you applied the stronger the light would blast out the lense ... lol maybe to the high intensity discharge of Xenon !!!

Or

A multi-piece multi-step/multi-level tail light (3 stacked lenses) .... say 1st level tail light for normal braking , the 2nd (combined with 1st) for increased brake pressure (also on when at a full stop) , 3rd level tail light on , optioned with Xenon Filled Gas bulb (combined with 1st & 2nd) in an emergency hard-applied stop !

If anybody develops this , my idea is copyrighted
It wouldn&#39;t be the first time someone has the same bright ideas I have elsewhere on this planet ; there&#39;s always someone somewhere thinking what you&#39;re thinking ; as I&#39;ve come 2-3 times to notice heheh

But like the majority agree here - flashing gets to be a distraction , an annoying one at that in traffic - where already tempers flare .... there&#39;s bound to be someone less tolerant than I am with this constant flashing in your face (see my above post) and I don&#39;t want him to take it out on me and my car (and passengers) .... no wonder Chrysler took it out from market real fast !
The idea was good on paper .. only .

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Volvo does emergency braking lights by flashing the hazards. I actaully like this approach because I already do it when I&#39;m emergency braking. I think BMW does adaptive brake lighting by lighting up both red lights (the brake and the tail light). I have yet to see flashing red brake lights, though I&#39;d be a bit concerned because LEO&#39;s might be sensitive to anything that is red and flashing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page