User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Iíve searched, but havenít been able to find any topics related to my problem. I have a 2007 I4 Sport HB with Bose. About 2-3 months ago, the radio would ďstay onĒ after shutting the car off.

By ďstay onĒ, I mean that the music (it didnít matter if I was listing to the radio or CDís) would continue to play for ~2-3 seconds, then cut out. The display would stay on for an additional ~2-3 seconds, and then shut off.

This continued for about 4 weeks, so I made an appointment with my local dealer. However, the week before I was to take it in, it stopped doing this. 2 weeks ago, it started again. I made another appointment, but this time it stopped acting up the day before I was to go to the dealer (yesterday). I had to take the car in anyways for another issue, so I asked them to look at it anyways to see if they could see anything. They came back and told me that it was because of my remote car starter. Before Mazda will look at it again, they want the car starter removed ($400).

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there any weight to what they say about the car starter being the problem, or are they passing it off? The car starter was installed by a someone who has been installing them for 30+ years.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2007 GT-I4 Sport, Tungsten Grey, Black Leather, Sunroof, Bose, MTX, Falken Torque 5 on Toyo T1R's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 05:13 AM
Learners License

Does'nt the 06 have that feature on it? The radio will still stay on until you open the door? Anyway, what your dealer said is retarded. 1. your remote start would have nothing to do with your radio (I have a buddy who installs them). 2. Did your dealer say they would take it out before they could look at it? If so, then there's your answer. Damn the man....
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Does'nt the 06 have that feature on it? The radio will still stay on until you open the door? Anyway, what your dealer said is retarded. 1. your remote start would have nothing to do with your radio (I have a buddy who installs them). 2. Did your dealer say they would take it out before they could look at it? If so, then there's your answer. Damn the man....[/b]
I don't think so. It doesn't matter if I leave the door shut, or open it right away, it still acts the same. For the first 6 months I've had the car, it has always shut off as soon as the key is i the off position.

The dealer will have nothing to do with the remote starter, unless I agree to pay them shop rate ($110/hour) to troubleshoot. They say that if they spend 4-5 hours on it, and find out that it is related to the remote starter, then I would have to pay them for their time.

I'm sort of in a lose/lose situation. Either pay the remote starter people $400 or the dealer for their time.

2007 GT-I4 Sport, Tungsten Grey, Black Leather, Sunroof, Bose, MTX, Falken Torque 5 on Toyo T1R's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page