Any interest in this super slim HID kit? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
First of all, I dont know if this is the right place to post this, but anyone can feel free to move it. I was the member who was going to do the group buy for the replica RX8 wheels but due to certain supplier concerns and quality i was not able to follow through.

I have contacted a manufacturer I have known for about 3 years and he has provided me with great service. He has his own factory in Hong Kong and he produces HID kits in his factory. (Let me just say he has over 50 employees and 2 factories)

He has introducted a new style of HID which consists of a SUPER SLIM ballast.

He has not yet released his product for purchase, but it is US DOT certified. As far as the rules of aftermarket HID kits and this kit passing the DOT certification is beyond my knowledge, but take that for what its worth.

I am just wondering if many people would be interested in this kit. Ofcourse it is not a heavy brand name since he is the manufacturer and actually creates them but he is offering a lifetime warranty on his product.

If there is great interest, he has already made provisions to make available for me several dozen.

it is important to note he can manufacturer ANY kelvin and bulb type and will actualy make the kit and send it out. This hasnt been sitting at all.

please let me know if there is interested and I will further the topic, otherwise close it here

The price for the kit shipped would be $162.50 and a lead time of 7-10 days from order to your doorstep.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tao.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	59537  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 01:18 AM

Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
well, the slim DDM HID kits are available through xenonexpert and rpm...how are these any different/better than those?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now rocking a 91 Miata

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 01:57 AM

Send a message via MSN to 6 Pack
Ya and less expensive too - with proven , established , swift , reliable , full of support - customer service ... did I leave anything out ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
RPM's DDM kit is an extra $25 for the lifetime warranty, so it's really only a few dollars cheaper than the one being advertised here.

'16 CX-9 Touring
'04 6s MTX
Mods: Yes.
8/8/17:
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

I wasn't aware of the DDM kit offered by RPM here. That ruins the fascination of this kit I guess. As far as how this kit is better? I will be honest and say most HID kits are made overseas and all of them are basically the same. It would be hard to convince anyone that one HID kit is better than the other unless it is stamped with a large brand name like Phillips or Hella.

I agree it would be tough to sell something like this considering RPM has a monopoly over here and tends to take most customers. It doesnt make me feel bad, however since I havent bought a kit through a vendor on M6club, I tend to worry sometimes when people say their "apexcone is the best" but simple pictures show the ballast brackets are very poorly made. I guess the bottom line is, basically every HID kit is going to me the same if its non-OEM and made in Asia.

It was worth a try, lets see what else I can rack my head with now
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
There's no reason not to offer it. More options = better.

'16 CX-9 Touring
'04 6s MTX
Mods: Yes.
8/8/17:
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 06:41 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
First off, if your pissed cause RPM is taking all the costumers and causing a monoply then maybe you should offer a product of the same cost or better to compete with their prices... If your so convinced that your product is better then prove it and stand by it.. Sell your product at a competive price and stand by it and warranty your product like RPM does.. They have established them selves here not only cause of there low prices, but also cause of their good customer service.. I personally have dealt with them a few times and Im pleased with all the transactions that I have made with them,,, they are very prompt and do well to take care of our needs.. You can easily do the same you just gotta get your foot in the door and offer us something that is worth our time and money..

We dont stop playing cause we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing"

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 09:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to PDX6 Send a message via MSN to PDX6 Send a message via Yahoo to PDX6
Quote:
First off, if your pissed cause RPM is taking all the costumers and causing a monoply then maybe you should offer a product of the same cost or better to compete with their prices... If your so convinced that your product is better then prove it and stand by it.. Sell your product at a competive price and stand by it and warranty your product like RPM does.. They have established them selves here not only cause of there low prices, but also cause of their good customer service.. I personally have dealt with them a few times and Im pleased with all the transactions that I have made with them,,, they are very prompt and do well to take care of our needs.. You can easily do the same you just gotta get your foot in the door and offer us something that is worth our time and money..[/b]
wow. I would not have thought he "was pissed." odd that you did not read his post and he said "It doesn't make me feel bad" in reference to RPM's board status. Im sure he is listening to your business plan though...
I for one encourage people to try and get a variety of vender's on board. That in turn will get us the lower prices. and if people's customer service is crappy, well then they wont get any repeat customers and that will sort itself out. Throw the man a bone... I didnt realize that he was starting a "I love rpm thread..."

'06 tungsten 6s
Straight Pipes w/magnaflow tips, 35%tint, black out badge, shaved door guard, K&N fliter with gutted airbox, resonator delete and custom open fog besel
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 09:45 PM

Send a message via MSN to 6 Pack
gotta be careful though if you lower a price waay too much : you risk having poorer quality parts (ie. lack of brackets which is a sign of late although better than cutting on internal parts) .... you do get what you pay for hmm until you cut into their profits

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 01:06 AM
Retired Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Nealio Send a message via MSN to Nealio Send a message via Yahoo to Nealio
I'm interested depending on how the pricing plays out.

2005 Volcanic Red Mazda6S MTX Hatch
OBX - AWR - Mazdaspeed Acc. - Injen - CP-E - Greddy - ProSport - Corksport - Medieval Motorsports - Apexcone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page