Any interest in this super slim HID kit? - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 03:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to PDX6 Send a message via MSN to PDX6 Send a message via Yahoo to PDX6
Quote:
I'm interested depending on how the pricing plays out.[/b]
yeah, i paid 100.00 for my regular size hid kit from vvme.com, work great, no problems

'06 tungsten 6s
Straight Pipes w/magnaflow tips, 35%tint, black out badge, shaved door guard, K&N fliter with gutted airbox, resonator delete and custom open fog besel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 04:24 AM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Sorry, I wasnt meaning for it to sound that way, I was just trying to state that if he wants to do business here then he needs to be competive with the other sellers instead of saying "RPM has a monopoly and is taking all the customers" which to me sounds like hes complaining that RPM is taking away his chance of any buisness cause people would rather use RPM over him..

thats just how I read it..

I do agree though that he needs to just lower his cost to be competive but not to low to where the product becomes crappy either.. He can still lower it enough so that he can sell his at a good price thats matched to others but most of all what stands out the most is not the good price, but the good warranty that comes with it.. Most people choose to go with RPM or Xenonexpert cause they offer the APEXCONE kit which you can get the lifetime warranty with it.... Ya you can go out and buy a cheap kit for $100 less but you wont get that security of having that warranty with it.. Thats why I bought my kit through them is cause I will sleep great at night knowing that if I wake up the next day and my bulb is blown or my ballast went bad that I dont have to worry bout forking out $100+ to get a new one and that I can just send it in for warranty replacement with no questions asked.. So if this guy can provide a killer deal with a killer warranty then more power to him....

We dont stop playing cause we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 03:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to PDX6 Send a message via MSN to PDX6 Send a message via Yahoo to PDX6
Quote:
Sorry, I wasnt meaning for it to sound that way, I was just trying to state that if he wants to do business here then he needs to be competive with the other sellers instead of saying "RPM has a monopoly and is taking all the customers" which to me sounds like hes complaining that RPM is taking away his chance of any buisness cause people would rather use RPM over him..

thats just how I read it..

I do agree though that he needs to just lower his cost to be competive but not to low to where the product becomes crappy either.. He can still lower it enough so that he can sell his at a good price thats matched to others but most of all what stands out the most is not the good price, but the good warranty that comes with it.. Most people choose to go with RPM or Xenonexpert cause they offer the APEXCONE kit which you can get the lifetime warranty with it.... Ya you can go out and buy a cheap kit for $100 less but you wont get that security of having that warranty with it.. Thats why I bought my kit through them is cause I will sleep great at night knowing that if I wake up the next day and my bulb is blown or my ballast went bad that I dont have to worry bout forking out $100+ to get a new one and that I can just send it in for warranty replacement with no questions asked.. So if this guy can provide a killer deal with a killer warranty then more power to him....[/b]
thats the best part of these cheap kits, new ballest, $30.00 a pop from vvme.com
http://www.vvme.com/catalog/list-s-10145-10148.html

'06 tungsten 6s
Straight Pipes w/magnaflow tips, 35%tint, black out badge, shaved door guard, K&N fliter with gutted airbox, resonator delete and custom open fog besel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 12:54 AM

Hmm but something that is that cheap honestly kinda scares me... I know you have had these for a while, i remember your thread when you were first getting them.. Im sure they run fine,, but for HIDS at that lil cost would kinda scare me to be honest,,, Maybe If I got them for my fogs,, but I wouldnt trust them for my every day headlights...

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Hmm but something that is that cheap honestly kinda scares me... I know you have had these for a while, i remember your thread when you were first getting them.. Im sure they run fine,, but for HIDS at that lil cost would kinda scare me to be honest,,, Maybe If I got them for my fogs,, but I wouldnt trust them for my every day headlights...[/b]
I just figure thats why we have fuses.

'06 tungsten 6s
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 01:14 AM

what does having a fuse have to do with the quality of the HID kit?

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 01:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to valiance
Quote:
what does having a fuse have to do with the quality of the HID kit?[/b]
I guess he trying to say if something does go wrong the fuses would save ya.

2005 Glacier Silver Metallic 6i ATX
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I guess he trying to say if something does go wrong the fuses would save ya.[/b]

'06 tungsten 6s
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 11:25 PM

Um ya, but if the fuse keeps blowing, that usually would mean that theres wrong with the wiring or the kit itself... Soooo therefore the question of the quality of the kit would come back again and this would just prove that you get what you pay for... Unless you just wanna keep buying bulk packs of fuses and replacing them ever week...

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Um ya, but if the fuse keeps blowing, that usually would mean that theres wrong with the wiring or the kit itself... Soooo therefore the question of the quality of the kit would come back again and this would just prove that you get what you pay for... Unless you just wanna keep buying bulk packs of fuses and replacing them ever week...[/b]
um... so IF hypothetically they fuses kept blowing AND THEY ARE NOT and never stated that they have... then you would know that its a bad kit. AND REPLACE THE KIT (14mo. warranty from vvme.com). not the fuses... my god man if you cant wrap your head around that, just leave this one alone.

'06 tungsten 6s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page