HELP!!! ALL Parking lights stopped working on my car. - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to CamryRicer Send a message via MSN to CamryRicer
Ok, so I got my DDE halo kit today and installed it. The install went almost perfect, but when I switched on my parking lights to test them, not only did the halos not come on, but now NONE of the parking lights on my car come on. Not even in the back. The interior light come on but that's it. Could someone let me know what this might be? Fast??

Which fuse(s) should I check, and where?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Hockyguy171 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockyguy171
Ya thad be a fuse, on the underside of your fuse box cover it has a diagram and shows which fuse belongs to what. I believe it is a small red one with the number 10 on the top. When you pull the fuse if you look at it, it will have a metal strip in it. If the strip has a break in the middle of it you blew the fuse.

The same thing happened to me when I installed my halos for the first time, you gotta make sure you disconect the battery when you work on electric components.

2006 MS6 6 GT
FI CF Hood | Autoexe CF Front lip | Autoexe CF Grille | Autoexe CF Side Pillars | 18x8 TSW Trakstar 5 | Corksport FMIC pc'd black | Turbosmart BOV | Corksport TP | Magnaflow catback | COBB AP | AE Tower bar | Car-led tail lights | TWM shifter kit stage 2 | TWM Desert Eagle | Apexi TT | Shark fin | 35% tint | Rear tinted reflectors | Nightshade clear side markers | Xtec Angel Eyes | Apexcone 6000k H1 | PIAA fogs | MSD DH | COBB shifter weight | SU rmm
2009 CBR600RR
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Ok sorry guys. I figured it out. I blew fuse 31, which is for the parking lights. I'll replace it tomorrow. Sorry again

I know exactly how it happened too. I got confused by the directions and tried connecting the activation wire directly to the sidemarker. Right after that, I had no parking lights. So mystery solved. Thanks for your reply

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Apparenly my hypothesis was incorrect. I just put in another fuse and tested my parking lights (which worked... so it's confirmed that the fuse was the problem). I then hooked up the halos the correct way. Guess what? Blew that fuse too . I guess I'll ask over at the RPM forum.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page