Quick HID question - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to ZzEazyzZ
Well damn! Thanks! I put a post on RPM's sponsor site just before reading this.

Red lighted door sills, clear side markers, Injen CAI with fix, clear tail lights, black gloss painted calipers with mazda6 logo, red neon under dash and front seats for passengers, bumper reflector mod, self installed spoiler,side mirrors/turn signal,Red CCFL in trunk, 6000k Apexcone HIDs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to djquik1
Quote:
Well damn! Thanks! I put a post on RPM's sponsor site just before reading this.[/b]
RPM isn't the only one with an account with Apexcone.I just won't step on Donny's toes and Im not a sponsor on this forum

2004 Mazda 6S Veilside(TRADED)
2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Quote:
Looks like you got a 4500k on the p/s side and 6000k on the d/s[/b]

That's exactly what I thought as soon as I saw the pictures..Good luck with everything, I'm sure they'll fix this A.S.A.P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

It was just that one time that both lights turned on at the same time. After that the d/s still turns on a split second after the p/s. I mean I don't have a problem with that as long as everything is ok, but hopefully it doesn't mean that there's a problem.

Red lighted door sills, clear side markers, Injen CAI with fix, clear tail lights, black gloss painted calipers with mazda6 logo, red neon under dash and front seats for passengers, bumper reflector mod, self installed spoiler,side mirrors/turn signal,Red CCFL in trunk, 6000k Apexcone HIDs.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
It was just that one time that both lights turned on at the same time. After that the d/s still turns on a split second after the p/s. I mean I don't have a problem with that as long as everything is ok, but hopefully it doesn't mean that there's a problem.[/b]

pm me your name if you haven't got your bulb issue resolved with them yet.

2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 08:31 PM

Apexcone=POS Look at there ballast holders, they are some of the first pieces of metal I have seen more flexible than a rubber band. THe problem you are describing is surely a difference in ballast times. Its a poor construction. If the light lights up, the wiring works, its nothing to do with the wiring. Its those chinese made ballasts they use which are not firing at the same moment when they get power. As for the light color, make sure they are aimed at the same level before you judge the color, and the bulb should have a kelvin on it, oratleast on the wiring leading to the bulb. NEways yu describe problems charactersitc of a cheap HID kit.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

I posted the problem in RPM's sponsor forum about the lights not turning on simutaniously. It's gotten to the point that at times the d/s won't turn on until I flip the switch a couple more times, then it turns on. I think it's the ballast IMO. But it's a pain in the ass to have to remove the bumper, headlight assembly, etc... By myself, it took me an hour to switch the bulbs. Now imagine if I had to switch the ballast just to make sure that it really is the ballast. At work there's a set of lighs that do the same thing. It's the last one to turn on and at times it doesn't turn on at all until I flip the switch a few times. And yes the brackets were disappointing. I made sure to double up on double-sided tape so it's sure not to move. Like you I don't believe that its the wiring anymore. I triple checked everything. It's connected, it turns on (not like it should), so there is power going to it. The grounds are nice and tight and obviously the positive are connected otherwise they wouldn't turn on at all.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 01:12 AM

Send a message via MSN to 6 Pack
Quote:
I posted the problem in RPM's sponsor forum about the lights not turning on simutaniously. It's gotten to the point that at times the d/s won't turn on until I flip the switch a couple more times, then it turns on.[/b]
I hope you are not turning them on/off within the required 1 minute rest in between ! The salts in the bulbs need a resting period of at least 1 minute before re-igniting , otherwise you drastically reduce the light bulbs lifespan .... as if you needed additional problems hey . I feel your frustration & I hate seeing this happening to you and posssibly to me , but I won't know for a while yet until I tackle it with my retro .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

I didn't know about the 1 minute resting period. At least I didn't switch them on and off rapidly, I took my time. And I have yet to hear from RPM.

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I didn't know about the 1 minute resting period. At least I didn't switch them on and off rapidly, I took my time. And I have yet to hear from RPM.[/b]
PM me your name to pass it on to Apexcone.I have already told them of the situation and they just need your name and they were waiting for Donny to contact them with the information.Also,have you emailed Donny from the rpmstore website?You may get a quicker response.

2010 F-150
1990 F-150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page