LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Matt60158
Finished the apexcone 35w 4th of july morning so I was excited to try it out tonight. Everything lit up great and I was on my way.

After coming home from fireworks my left bulb started to flicker then went out and I could not get it to come back on . The one thing that made me nervous during install is that the side that failed, the ballast made this sound like sand was moving when I shook it -- like a paper weight. This didn't happen on the other side. I am going to trouble shoot it tomorrow after work, I hope it is just a loose ground wire or something.

I was very careful not to touch the bulbs and I wiped each one with a paper towel before install as per the install instructions. If not a loose wire I am wondering if it is more likely the bulb or the ballast. Thanks for your support I hope I don't have to hassle Donny for a replacement and take off the bumper again and all that nonsense. Will see what happens.

On a side note, for the short time I had both bulbs working wow was I impress quite a step up! Glad I got the kit I just hope I can get the driver side worked out as soon as possible.

2004 Lapis Blue with a few bolt on's. Everytime you make it home to the garage and close that door it's like a fresh start the next day...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 02:53 AM

Send a message via MSN to 6 Pack
Haw man bummer , this really sucks ! I hope you resolve this asap !
I say it's the balast from what you mentioned - ring ring warranty !
Keep us posted

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 02:57 AM

Sorry to hear you're havin' problems and I know I'll be right there with you when I try to do the install. I might have to get the life-time warranty...

Sig..... top gear87 bitched so I fixed it...
post# 9...

The infamous screen name windshield banner that mazda6club.com just wasn't ready for...

05 6I ATX/ 09-07-07 Dyno'd at 154 WHP/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Sorry to hear you're havin' problems and I know I'll be right there with you when I try to do the install. I might have to get the life-time warranty...[/b]

Get a 7/8 butterfly drill bit in advance to drill the holes in the dust caps. Good luck.

2004 Lapis Blue with a few bolt on's. Everytime you make it home to the garage and close that door it's like a fresh start the next day...

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 12:00 PM

Groans: 1
wow, that is crappy luck. keep us posted as to how the warranty replacement goes... curious to see how responsive they are.

05 steel grey v6 5spd hatch

mazdaspeed short shifter & springs, 30% tint, Wet Okole seat covers, air box mod, niteshaded tail-lights, side marker as turn signal mod, PIAA 1700x fog lamps mounted in lower grill, jdm style grill, stscs styled mesh inserts, clear sidemarkers painted black on inside, eyelids, auxmod, Apexcone 5k 35w HID w/ anitglare mod, 18" 5Zigen fn01r-c in bronze w/ Kumho Ecsta SPT's, Car-LED ring style blacked out tails, tein6i window visors, heronew fogs painted steel grey

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Well looks like I have to take of the bumper and my headlights and remove the install. They won't send me a replacement until they have mine and I have to pay to ship it to them. Sounds like this is going to include a lot of downtime. I might just pay for a new left side and maybe they can refund my money when they get mine back I'll see what Donny can do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page