Anyone put the Mazda Accessory fogs on their 06 - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
my one friend has it in hers. [shes not a modder but she has them granted.]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, one thing's for sure: They are NOT a direct fit. The openings in the bumper aren't even close to the same shape. There is no Sport/Non-Sport bumper for '06. I would guess that anyone who has done this has simply used the fog light lens and housing and modified their existing bumper plugs to make the lights fit.

2006 6i Grand Sport | Glacier Silver Metallic
Smoked LED Rear Reflectors | Smoked LED Sidemarkers | LED Lighting | CX-7 Antenna | Airbox Mod | 17" Enkei RP03s
Future Plans: Window Tint | Painted Calipers/Hubs | Racing Beat Axle-Back Exhaust
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 09:29 AM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Yeah no way would the 1st gen fit in the bumper of the 2nd gen. Don't they make an '06 kit? Seems wierd that they wouldn't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
There is a sport/ non sport bumper for '06...
According to this guy (post #18)
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to romajr86
i checked with 2 different mazda dealers on long island, and according to them there is no kit for 06-07. i have an 07 6i and youll probly see on other threads that i am dying to get a fog kit! they cannot be found for my bumper, and dealer doesnt sell a factory kit like they for for the 03-05. he said you can buy everything separately, (housings harness stalk...) but he said the housing/bulbs ALONE are about 200 EACH. theyre that much cause your just buying a part, not a kit that can be less expensive.

also guys, i bought a 05 kit off ebay a while ago before i realized there is such a difference in the bumpers, and the 03-05 kit is no where near close to the 06-07. i didnt even attempt to try to mod it to fit because of the sharper angle the 05 goes into verses the more boxy 07. believe me, i have a few tools shy of a body shop in my garage and i wasnt even gonna try. i sold them to a member here.

I went from zoom zoom to bwaaaaaa psshhh

2007 6i VE Glacier Silver -SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Subaru WRX - WR BLue
1968 Camaro SS "Neptunes Jewel" Blue -
My
and
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 02:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Wyvers
How long did it take mazda to release a kit for the 03-05? Just like you romajr86 I've been wanting fogs too =) I was qouted 400ish for all parts. They couldn't find the stalk =/

'07 6i VE ATX
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I have a customer who has an 06 Mazda 6 and would like to add fogs. I know I have sold a couple members the accessory fogs for the Mazda 6. But technically the fogs are made for the 2003-2005. Any help would be great. I called Mazda and they said he should be fine....but would like to know who here has used these on their 06.

I know for sure Shane23 has bought this set but he has a 2005. thanks guys!!!![/b]
Hey Tiffany, is there any chance that your dealership might put together a package with the lights and switch for the 06/07 cars for a group buy ?

I know that the parts are available seperately, but are cost prohibitive for me to buy... (Can't justify the cost for me).

I'm sure you could sell a ton of these..

Thanks,

Dmac

Dmac43
2007 MAZDA6i VE
Color: SmokeStone

20% Tint, Cx7 Antenna Mast, AEM Short Ram Intake, PIAA low beams, LED interior lights,
B&M Tranny Cooler, Brake Light Mod, RPM Smoked LED side markers
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 01:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Frantic3
Quote:
[attachment=27193:untitled.JPG][/b]
Here is a pic of my 06 sport bumper.. Someone can use it for side by side comparsion..?

[attachment=27192:P1010198.JPG]

Just trying to help out..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010198.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	59176   Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	551.8 KB
ID:	59177  

06 Mazda 6s (3.0L V6) Onyx Black -- " DRKSYD "
Mazdaspeed CAI - Mazdaspeed Hatch Springs - 18" Mazdaspeed Rims (PC'ed Gloss Black) TWM "Desert Eagle" Shift Knob
Clear Side Markers & Ebay Grille - Mazdaspeed Short Atenna - Mazdaspeed Short Shifter - Mazdaspeed Catback Exhaust
Mazdaspeed License Plate Frame - CF Fuel Door - NRG CF Hood Dampers - Carbotech Break Pads - Optimized TB
CM Stage 3 (FX300) Clutch - Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel - Irotors / Drilled - Slotted - HID's 35W 6k x2 (lower fogs)
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 02:55 PM

Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
I have a customer who has an 06 Mazda 6 and would like to add fogs. I know I have sold a couple members the accessory fogs for the Mazda 6. But technically the fogs are made for the 2003-2005. Any help would be great. I called Mazda and they said he should be fine....but would like to know who here has used these on their 06.

I know for sure Shane23 has bought this set but he has a 2005. thanks guys!!!![/b]
the cost is so ridiculous that no one is going to buy the necessary pieces in order to get the damn fogs on a non fog-equipped 06-07 anyways. unfortunately there is no package for the 06-07 fogs

Quote:
There is a sport/ non sport bumper for '06...
According to this guy (post #18)[/b]
but it doesn't have anything to do with the fogs...or really anything at all. for everyone's sake, there is no important difference between 06-07 sport and non-sport bumpers. no one will ever be affected by it. ever.

Now rocking a 91 Miata

|
|
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for all your help guys!!!

Showcase Mazda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page