LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to romajr86
ok guys, i need some help with my first retro. mainly the wiring. im totally lost here! im doing a sealed beam conversion for my camaro, so i got Infiniti FX35 Xenon Stanley Projectors & D2S HID Bulbs and the seller matched me up with Nissan Xenon D2S/R OEM HID Ballasts Ignitors. i needed a bixenon prj and one smaller that would fit my headlamp. now i have a 5 pics with numbers labeled at all the problem spots im trying to figure out. the pics uploaded backwards, so last is first sorta thing applies.
the 1st pic (which is all the way to the right) is of the projector. #1 in the pic is a short yellow wire with a female connection at the end. not sure where this would lead. #2 in the pic are green and black wires, im guessing go back to the ballast.
the 2nd pic (from the right) is a closeup of female endpiece labedled #1.

the 3rd pic (3rd from the right) is of the ballast/ignitor layout.
#3 has a plug on the end on one ballast i have, and just stripped wires on the other. there are red and black wires running in both cases. im guessing i have to strip the one plug and these black and red wires meet the black and green wires from the projector (#2 in the 1st pic)
#4 is a short black wire with a round male connection on it. no idea where this would go
#5 looks like a socket connection, that i guess fits with factory nisan plug or something. underneathe the braided hose of the plug is two very thin wire,s one black and one light blue. then there is a thicker black wire. not sure if the plug has to be taken off, or how i can make this work.

the 4th pic (From the right) is a close up of what the plug looks (#5 in the 3rd pic with the braided hose around it)

and the final pic is of the 3 wires that run to the mysterious plug. it shows the light blue, the thick black, and the thin black. the thin black cant really be seen bc its behind the thicker one, but its there believe me!

sooooo fellas, now that your probly totally confused bc of my questioning, does anyone have any info they can give me? im wondering if i should just go with aftermarket ballasts cause these might be set up only for nisan factory plugs. not sure really. all the help i can get would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prj2.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	57804   Click image for larger version

Name:	end_piece2.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	57805   Click image for larger version

Name:	ballast2.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	57806   Click image for larger version

Name:	socket2.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	57807   Click image for larger version

Name:	plug_wires2.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	57808  

I went from zoom zoom to bwaaaaaa psshhh

2007 6i VE Glacier Silver -SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Subaru WRX - WR BLue
1968 Camaro SS "Neptunes Jewel" Blue -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Retired Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First of all, become a member on HIDPlanet and post any retro related questions there. I guarantee you'll get an answer within a few hours. People on that forum are experts on sorts of retros and have dealt with the FX projector countless times. People here on M6C have relatively much less experience (I speak of myself naturally).

Here's my shot at your questions:

Since your projectors are bi-xenon, you need an electrical input to activate the step-motor that flips the shield up and down. Also, its possible that there's an additional step-motor, an auto leveling motor, that adjusts the projectors angle in accordance to what angle the car is at. These auto leveling motors are usually hooked to sensors or to a dial inside the cockpit.

I suspect #1 and #2 wires are for this purpose (i.e. bi-xenon shield flip and/or autoleveling).

#3 provides power to the ballast... positive to battery, negative to ground

#4 no clue... looks like another ground

#5 connects to bulb.

Not sure what you mean by "will this have to be stripped".

No stripping is needed... you just connect the connector in #5 directly to the D2S bulb.

VANCOUVER MAZDA6CLUB MODERATOR
2004 Mazda6 GT Hatch I4 MTX

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

o wow dude ok. you made the whole picture a lot clearer actually! i had no clue that silver plug went into the bulb! i should probly be shot for that but o well. my first time ya know?

ok so thats done. then i see how #3 provides power and ground. thats clear.

so #4, which i thought also to be a ground, still not sure.
and numbers 1 and 2 may be the shield/step motor wires. which i may be screwed bc my car doesnt have a cpu board to hook up to so that this motor can go up and down, if thats what these wires def are. possibly not still. thanks tho zoomzoomfan. you def helped!

My
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

ok i figured out zoomzoomfan is right about the #1 and #2 wires being the low/high beam shield. i just stripped the ends and put them to a 9v battery and watched the sucker go! still not sure about #4 and also one i forgot, just to the left of #4 is another black wire, this one with a round terminal on the end that looks like a ground connector?

My
and
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

ok so at 1:15am i remembered i have one of those carbattery jumpers that are portable 12v power. so i hooked up the ballast to the bulb, the balast to the jumper and it light up the room! both sets work, which makes me so happy. and the green and black wires def are the low/high beam wires. the cutoff line is ridiculous. you couldnt get a laser level to be any straighter! check out the pic on my wall. granted its my 2mp camera phone, it looks hott!

still not sure what the other "groung looking" wires are for. obviously it lights up w/o them and the brights turn on w/o them. this is tricky
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	light_sample.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	57811  

My
and
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Retired Moderator

Nice output. Glad to have been of help.

Best of luck with the retro and hope to see pics of the final product soon.

VANCOUVER MAZDA6CLUB MODERATOR
2004 Mazda6 GT Hatch I4 MTX

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 07:36 PM

The yellow wire is a ground wire. The green and black are the solenoid wires ( but you already figured that out). If you need any help fitting the fx projectors click on the Apexcone 5000k link in my sig. Also for more info on wiring the bi-xenon solenoid, contact member krustywon. He can tell you the proper way to wire this in a 6. (he has fx's in his 6)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The yellow wire is a ground wire. The green and black are the solenoid wires ( but you already figured that out). If you need any help fitting the fx projectors click on the Apexcone 5000k link in my sig. Also for more info on wiring the bi-xenon solenoid, contact member krustywon. He can tell you the proper way to wire this in a 6. (he has fx's in his 6)[/b]
the yellow wire is a ground? wouldnt they not be able to work tho if the ground wasnt, well, grounded? or is that just like a protection kinda thing?

My
and
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
the yellow wire is a ground? wouldnt they not be able to work tho if the ground wasnt, well, grounded? or is that just like a protection kinda thing?[/b]

They should work without it, I think it is a "protection thing". As I said before, talk to krustywon. He wired these projectors into his 6 and had some fun regarding grounds, but he has it figured out now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page