User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok so I installed an Apexcone 5000k about a week ago with the glare mod as well, and here are 2 problems I'm having,

1) I have a nice thick blue cutoff on my right side projector, and on the left I have no color at all. I didn't do anything to the cutoff shields, so both my cutoff should be the same with no color at all. I'm going to be doing a retrofit at the end of the summer, but I pretty much got this kit for free, so why not go for it in the mean time. Here is a picture to better show what I'm talking about. I took it with my cell phone, since I'm not home. As soon as I get home I'll get you guys better pictures, for now this will do.

[attachment=25356:0610072324.jpg]

2) Every time I turn my lights on I get interference on my radio. I have the Bose radio and I noticed it when I turned my lights off while I was in my driveway. Its very noticeable interference too. Weird right?

Help!!!

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0610072324.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	57696  

2005 Onxy Black 6s

Fujita F5 CAI // Optimized TB // Magnaflow cat-back // 6000k Apexcone 35w HID's in low beams (with glare mod) and integrated fog lights // Piaa clear 194's // Sirius Sporter 5 // Tenzo R's Passion 5 18X7.5 // 225 40 Falken Ziex ZE912 // LED tails // 15% tint all around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 06:02 PM

I don't know about the color, but the noise is probably the HID ballasts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 02:15 PM

I also get interference on my radio when I turn my lights on but only when my radio signal is weak. It only happens when I am in the garage.... as soon as I go outside and I have a strong signal, my radio is fine.

Is yours worse than this?

As for the color..... it could be a handful of things..... first guess would be a bad bulb. If it really bothers you, try switching your right and left bulb and see if the color goes with it.... if it does, then its your bulbs.... if not, then try eliminating whats NOT causing the problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 02:26 PM

How can the interference be the ballasts? the ballasts have no soft of Rf waves coming out of it, so how would it coincide with the radio? Check to see if your wiring is neatly tucked in a safe area and not dangling in the middle of nowhere. Maybe insulate the wiring with duct tape to prevent the interference. Also, do you have an aftermarket antenna?

the lights: I am almost sure your lights are not positioned correctly. If you just dropped the lights in, the right projector tends to "veer off" little to the right, and most likely that blue light is the edge of the projector being pointed straight after you adjusted the lights. So in essence, your lights "look" straight, but measurements wise the projector is NOT straight.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I also get interference on my radio when I turn my lights on but only when my radio signal is weak. It only happens when I am in the garage.... as soon as I go outside and I have a strong signal, my radio is fine.

Is yours worse than this?

As for the color..... it could be a handful of things..... first guess would be a bad bulb. If it really bothers you, try switching your right and left bulb and see if the color goes with it.... if it does, then its your bulbs.... if not, then try eliminating whats NOT causing the problem.[/b]
Yea it is. I'm going to see if it happens once the bulb warms up ... if not then my ballasts might be making noise ... which in turn will interfere with the radio

As for the lights ... I'll try that when I get a chance to take the bumper off again ... as soon as my lower fogs come in ill do that

Quote:
How can the interference be the ballasts? the ballasts have no soft of Rf waves coming out of it, so how would it coincide with the radio? Check to see if your wiring is neatly tucked in a safe area and not dangling in the middle of nowhere. Maybe insulate the wiring with duct tape to prevent the interference. Also, do you have an aftermarket antenna?

the lights: I am almost sure your lights are not positioned correctly. If you just dropped the lights in, the right projector tends to "veer off" little to the right, and most likely that blue light is the edge of the projector being pointed straight after you adjusted the lights. So in essence, your lights "look" straight, but measurements wise the projector is NOT straight.[/b]
As for the radio ... no I don't have an aftermarket antenna ... the possibility exists that I may have a loose connection or a wire dangling some where ... all i taped up where the connection into the headlight harness which where the ground and the red wire ... I don't see why the other connections should need tape

As for the lights ... I'm thinking I may have a bad bulb ... If not I may have slightly pushed the cutoff shield when doing the glare mod ... The aiming on them is perfect ... it took me a couple of days to aim them ... and its perfect so I know its not the aim.

2005 Onxy Black 6s

Fujita F5 CAI // Optimized TB // Magnaflow cat-back // 6000k Apexcone 35w HID's in low beams (with glare mod) and integrated fog lights // Piaa clear 194's // Sirius Sporter 5 // Tenzo R's Passion 5 18X7.5 // 225 40 Falken Ziex ZE912 // LED tails // 15% tint all around
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to djquik1
The color of your bulbs looks to be different.Almost like the right side has color shifted and the left has not.Also check your adjustment,attached is a pic of how to properly adjust them.Now the radio interference is from the ballasts and is common on 35w ballasts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aiming__sortaJPGSMALLrevised_2nd.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	57839  

2004 Mazda 6S Veilside(TRADED)
2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to speed914
one of my bulbs is a diff color than the other too... one almost looks 4500k and the other 6000k.... i haven't been able to get anywhere with this tho... if you have any luck LET ME KNOW!!!

2005 Mazda 6i Sport Glacier Silver ATX
Apexcone 6000k HIDs, PIAA 7500K Spark Blue H3, F5 Fujita Intake, Remote Car Starter, Lotek Gauge Pod, ProSport Premium Series Oil Pressure and Oil Temp Gauge, ProSport Performance Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge, ScanGauge II, CPE battery tray, Odyssey 680, Tein Hood Dampers, grounding kit, clear side markers, Mazda3 2.0l Spin-on Oil Filter conversion, G2Performance Caliper paint, All weather mats, ALL hyper white LEDs, stubby antenna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The color of your bulbs looks to be different.Almost like the right side has color shifted and the left has not.Also check your adjustment,attached is a pic of how to properly adjust them.Now the radio interference is from the ballasts and is common on 35w ballasts.[/b]
The aiming on the photo looks bad because I was only about 10 feet back.

Your right it does look like one of my bulbs is bluer. I'll look into it tonight because I never really noticed that until I payed close attention to the photo. It might be that its due to the photo angle.

2005 Onxy Black 6s

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to djquik1
Quote:
The aiming on the photo looks bad because I was only about 10 feet back.

Your right it does look like one of my bulbs is bluer. I'll look into it tonight because I never really noticed that until I payed close attention to the photo. It might be that its due to the photo angle.[/b]

I wasn't talking about adjustment for level.I was refering to the distance between the center of your projectors is not the same as the distance between the steps of your cut off.You may want to look at that.

2004 Mazda 6S Veilside(TRADED)
2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Learners License

actually any electrical item wired into your vehicles system will give off a bit of "noise" Commonly referred to as "rpm whine" or "alternator" whine.

Simple fixes, double check grounds. did you make new ones for the Ballasts grounds, or did you just use the factory wiring? I made new ones for my HID's, sanded the paint off and then bolted it nice and tight and shot it with a battery terminal corrosion inhibitor. Check your radios ground as well. Heck while you are at it, check your battery neg to chassis ground.

On mine if I have my radio on and then turn on my lights, I get a pop, and thats it. This is just from the draw the HID's take to power on. But once they fire all is good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page