LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was browsing the internet for some underglow kits and I stumbled across one that kind of caught my attention. Its cheaper than the other ones and its not LED. I'm under the impression that you get what you pay for so if this 50% cheaper than most kits out there I'm kind of skeptical.

I know underglow seems kind of ricey, but I like the looks of it.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Autoglow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 12:58 PM

Wouldn't trust it. Anything with actual bulbs would be a bad thing to put under the car, because chances are real high they're going to break. One rock kicked up by your tires, or one speed bump taken too fast, and its trash. That's why LEDs are so popular.

You're probably not going to find a lot of positive input from people on this board though, they don't like the underlight kits.

Bullet- 2003 Mazda6S- Sport 3.0L MTX Lapis Metallic

Current mods- Injen Cold Air Intake, 20% Tint all around, clear corner lights, blue interior LEDs, blue light up door sills, painted brake calipers, Blue Rockblocker light protection film on headlights and clear corners, True-Euro Clear taillights tinted with Nite-Shades

Wish-List Mods- Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Racing Beat Sway-Bars & End-Links, CP-E Engine Mounts, Racing Beat Springs with Bilstein HD Shocks
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 01:02 PM

How is this cheaper than most kits???

Sig..... top gear87 bitched so I fixed it...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post# 9...

The infamous screen name windshield banner that mazda6club.com just wasn't ready for...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 6I ATX/ 09-07-07 Dyno'd at 154 WHP/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 01:40 PM
awh

whats the difference in looks between an led underglow kit and the traditional neon?

My Velocity6 Car Domain Page -
not updated.....

My Mods : CP-E Single CBE w/ Muffler Welded In, TurboXS TP, CP-E CAI w/ Hydro Shield & Wheel Well Splash Mod, Speedie TIP, Denso Spark Plugs, CP-E Rear Engine Mount, RPM Sport Springs, CorkSport Shock Brace, Whiteline RSB, HKS BOV, TT & CP-E Diff Mounts, TT Front Engine Mount, Cobb Shifter Weight, Vent Pod w/ VEI Boost Gauge, Hardwired Beltronics RX65, Blinder Laser Jammer (ask about install), Hardwired Audiolink & Garmin Nuvi 760 in Map Pocket, Hardwired Scan Gauge II in Sunglass Holder, Bose Pre-Amp, HID Fogs, Smoked Rear Reflectors w/LEDs, Side Markers Tinted w/Film, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, Redline Hood Struts, TWM Shift Knob & Shifter Bushings,Winter Set Up - 225 Pirelli Sottozeros on White Powder Coated OEM Rims, Summer Set Up - 225 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics on Konig Troubles, Fluids (Royal Purple 5w30, Redline 75w90 in the Differential, Redline MT-90 75w90 in the Transmission, Amsoil 80w90 in the Transfer Case)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 02:17 PM

I will do my best to force my criticism to be constructive without name calling and yelling.

Many people (myself included) would consider any kind of undercar lighting tacky and along the way of "rice"

That being said in pure lighting terms I prefer LED over traditional incandescent and neon lighting. The LED's use less juice and can still be hidden more discretly than the other options.

2006 MazdaSpeed6 Sport
Liquid Platinum - Auxmod stereo input for Sirius, Sharkfin antenna, Tinted Clear Corner markers, 20% tint all around, Zaino'ed, DEFI BF Imperial Boost Gauge,Control Unit Black MS6 euro tails, and SSR GT-7's 18x8 +51 Offset (custom machined to fit)

Quote:
In conclusion, I'm an engineer and you're a weeny.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 02:29 PM

leds are more durable then neons. as for the riceness. i just installed an led kit. i love it. but the lighting is more subtle than the neons. i dont look like ive got spotlights coming out of the bottom of my ride..........i just look like a ufo. lol check my myspace page this weekend. i'll have some pics and a vid showing it off

2014 Mazda6 Touring Liquid Silver
2006 Mazda6i ATX Glacier Silver Metallic
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 12:18 AM

Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
leds are more durable then neons. as for the riceness. i just installed an led kit. i love it. but the lighting is more subtle than the neons. i dont look like ive got spotlights coming out of the bottom of my ride..........i just look like a ufo. lol check my myspace page this weekend. i'll have some pics and a vid showing it off[/b]
What brand, and where did you get your LED kit from? I've seen and LED underbody kit on another car (TSX), and it was frickin' bright!
Post up some pics here on the forum board. I'm sure others, who aren't on myspace would like to see.......

---Aloha

大きく悪いお父さんのガレージ

Where 'fix' doesn't always mean 'repair'
*Spare parts available*
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
What brand, and where did you get your LED kit from? I've seen and LED underbody kit on another car (TSX), and it was frickin' bright!
Post up some pics here on the forum board. I'm sure others, who aren't on myspace would like to see.......

---Aloha[/b]

got it off of ebay, not sure of the brand.....led underbody kit

sorry its blurry

2014 Mazda6 Touring Liquid Silver
2006 Mazda6i ATX Glacier Silver Metallic
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 11:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to XxXMaZdAgIrLxXx
I have a set of RED street glows. i think there great. I mean i dont use em anymore due to mazda braking one of em. But they were awesome. Nice n bright!! I think i bought em for for 300..

~*~ToNi-AnNe~*~
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 07:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to canibusfan Send a message via Yahoo to canibusfan
Quote:
whats the difference in looks between an led underglow kit and the traditional neon?[/b]
leds are normally brighter and require less power.

Quote:
I have a set of RED street glows. i think there great. I mean i dont use em anymore due to mazda braking one of em. But they were awesome. Nice n bright!! I think i bought em for for 300..[/b]
haha...when i had my grand am i use to forget to tell the guys i had a street glows and they would get broken all the time.

Get paid to play games like HiLow/Blackjack,Gold rush and others. You can also get paid for betting(any sports event) for money, its easy and free

03 6s ATX

myspace.com/kenny23692

Straight pipes w/o resnator
Custom built carputer w/ 8'in touch screen, all sounds all coming out of factor system, also w/ a gps system
19's axis crux w/ toyo 225/35/19 tires
15% tint all away around
a-pod volt & oil guages(prosport)
Viper 791xv remote start
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page