no more current to accessory outlet!! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I cut the wires running to the accessory outlet – hot and ground (the one next to the ash tray under the center console) and tapped that as the source of power for my carputer. Everything was working nicely but I needed to take the car in for some repairs on the CD changer, so I removed all the carputer components and I loosely wire nutted the accessory outlet wires back together (so I can imagine them coming off without anyone noticing).

When I got my car back the guy told me whoever installed the ipod adapter in my car cut some wires they weren’t supposed to (theres no ipod adapter in my car btw) and that they did a few "repairs" to it even though its not under warranty. When I got the car back, the wire nuts I stuck on was gone and the wires were free floating AND there’s no more current. AND I don’t see any repairs.

What do you guys think would be the most likely cause of this? A blown fuse (how do I know which one it is, btw - theres so many)? I called them back, except the guy who worked on my car wasn’t in, and the guys working hours clashes with my schedule, and they were a little annoying so I would rather not call again. Thanks guys.

EDIT: yeah it was a fuse, thanks, ajgonzales, for telling me that there is a chart on the cover

05 lapis blue 6 s ATX hatch
airbox mod, RB rear swaybar, sylfex auxmod, 7" lilliput monitor + laptop carputer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The inside of the fuse panel cover has a chart of fuses. Make them fix it for free since they "installed an iPod adapter" that they weren't supposed to install.

'16 CX-9 Touring
'04 6s MTX
Mods: Yes.
8/8/17:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well if you put a wire nut on the wires, the next time you put the key into the ignition that circuit will short and blow the fuse. Check the fuse box and change the fuse. There are spare fuses and a fuse puller in the fuse box under the hood. The fuse you will need to change will be in the car in the driver side left kick panel. (I think it's a 10 amp fuse, it should be a red one)

CANADA / TORONTO MAZDA6CLUB MODERATOR Current Dyno - 205whp, 180wtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page