User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im sure you all know I just got the 6 and im a bit new here. I took a look at my headlights today because my lows dont work.(gotta roll around with my highs on at night) I also went out and bought some Sylvania silverstars thinking it might be the bulbs since the fuses are fine and wasted $45 to find out they dont work either and its the wiring. There are like 2 extra fuses connected to the fusebox with wires connecting that to something else. I think it was the previous owner who decided to do all this retarded sh*t. Im really not the electrical guy so I really dont know where to begin.

Another thing is that my radio dosnt work, well the radio works but there is no sound coming from my speakers. I asked the dude at Circuit City and he said its most likely going to be either a bad fuse(he mentioned 3) or the car was wired up t have a system and they must have cut some of the wires. So where are all the audio fuses at? The one under my hood was fine BTW. I think there used to be a system b/c there are like all these wires by the center console(like behind the radio/AC/etc.) and sommething that says "converter" also with audio looking like wires running out of it.

Sorry for such a long post, but I would appreciate any advice on what I should do, or where's the best place to take it to get both issues checked out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to djquik1

2004 Mazda 6S Veilside(TRADED)
2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Im sure you all know I just got the 6 and im a bit new here. I took a look at my headlights today because my lows dont work.(gotta roll around with my highs on at night) I also went out and bought some Sylvania silverstars thinking it might be the bulbs since the fuses are fine and wasted $45 to find out they dont work either and its the wiring. There are like 2 extra fuses connected to the fusebox with wires connecting that to something else. I think it was the previous owner who decided to do all this retarded sh*t. Im really not the electrical guy so I really dont know where to begin.

Another thing is that my radio dosnt work, well the radio works but there is no sound coming from my speakers. I asked the dude at Circuit City and he said its most likely going to be either a bad fuse(he mentioned 3) or the car was wired up t have a system and they must have cut some of the wires. So where are all the audio fuses at? The one under my hood was fine BTW. I think there used to be a system b/c there are like all these wires by the center console(like behind the radio/AC/etc.) and sommething that says "converter" also with audio looking like wires running out of it.

Sorry for such a long post, but I would appreciate any advice on what I should do, or where's the best place to take it to get both issues checked out.[/b]
sounds like the previous owner was an electrical hack, and now you're paying the price for it. without electrical diagrams of the car's wiring you're pretty much playing a guessing game as to what does what. can you see any places where the car's original wiring was cut, spliced into, or tapped off to something else? is it possible to undo the added-on wiring and put things back the way they were originally? All of the wires in your factory harnesses are color-coded so that MIGHT help.

if you're really not all that confident about messing with your wiring you might try to find someone who is better at it and see if you can enlist their help. above all, you really need wiring diagrams of the car before you can troubleshoot and trace someone else's butchering of your electrical system.

good luck

"There are three easy ways of losing money - racing is the quickest, women the most pleasant, and the Stock Market the most certain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Learners License

Quote:
[/b]

+1
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
+1[/b]
Ill get some pics up soon, dont worry

Well some of the wires under the hood I think I can take out and get everything back together, but the audio stuff is wierd
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 12:00 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sounds like you should've test driven it before you bought it.

'16 CX-9 Touring
'04 6s MTX
Mods: Yes.
8/8/17:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Well yeah, I would have test driven the car if were to buy it. I got it from my uncle who's a car dealer. And for the deal I got on it, I probably would've gotten it even with a blown motor.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 01:46 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to speed914
let me know if you ever figured this out!!

2005 Mazda 6i Sport Glacier Silver ATX
Apexcone 6000k HIDs, PIAA 7500K Spark Blue H3, F5 Fujita Intake, Remote Car Starter, Lotek Gauge Pod, ProSport Premium Series Oil Pressure and Oil Temp Gauge, ProSport Performance Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge, ScanGauge II, CPE battery tray, Odyssey 680, Tein Hood Dampers, grounding kit, clear side markers, Mazda3 2.0l Spin-on Oil Filter conversion, G2Performance Caliper paint, All weather mats, ALL hyper white LEDs, stubby antenna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

I will, Im, just stuck here trying to get some good pictures of the wiring so you all can see and maybe see something.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Do you have a multimeter or test light? That'll help in diagnosing the problems. Can you follow the wires coming from the extra fuses? Does/did it have the Bose system in it? Are there speakers actually in the car?

'16 CX-9 Touring
'04 6s MTX
Mods: Yes.
8/8/17:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page