Choice on front turn signal bulbs - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Howdy folks
So, I want to replace my front turn signals with chromed bulbs so I don't have to see the yellow reflection in the housing.

However, Autolumination.com has these Chrome-Dome bulbs, which are only partially chromed out, and claim to be 40% brighter.

Now, I want my front turn signals bright enough that people can see them even in the daylight. But, someone else who said they used the chrome-domes in the front said you can still see a little bit of the amber if you look in.

So, I'm looking for testimonials from people of both camps. Have you tried the fully Chromed bulbs, and do you feel they are bright enough? Have you tried the partially chromed bulbs, and do you feel that they are still too amber looking for your tastes?

Opinions welcome.

Thanks!

Bullet- 2003 Mazda6S- Sport 3.0L MTX Lapis Metallic

Current mods- Injen Cold Air Intake, 20% Tint all around, clear corner lights, blue interior LEDs, blue light up door sills, painted brake calipers, Blue Rockblocker light protection film on headlights and clear corners, True-Euro Clear taillights tinted with Nite-Shades

Wish-List Mods- Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Racing Beat Sway-Bars & End-Links, CP-E Engine Mounts, Racing Beat Springs with Bilstein HD Shocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Thanked 1,168 Times in 855 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Have you thought of the Silverstars amber bulbs?

This is how they look on my 6:

More info: Click me!

I've had them for close to two years now. I haven't blown one yet, and they're just as bright as the stock turn signals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Hmmm, I am intrigued. How much did those run you, and where do you buy them?

Current mods- Injen Cold Air Intake, 20% Tint all around, clear corner lights, blue interior LEDs, blue light up door sills, painted brake calipers, Blue Rockblocker light protection film on headlights and clear corners, True-Euro Clear taillights tinted with Nite-Shades

Wish-List Mods- Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Racing Beat Sway-Bars & End-Links, CP-E Engine Mounts, Racing Beat Springs with Bilstein HD Shocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 11:04 AM

I have used the silverstars and been happy. Another choice is the amber colored L.E.D.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Didn't want to use LEDs just because of the heat problems I've heard of in the front headlight housing.

But I'm liking those Silverstars. And Autobarn.com has em on sale for half price, $9.95, with about $6 for shipping, so they're about the same price as the chromed amber bulbs.

Hmmmm, good info, thanks.

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Thanked 1,168 Times in 855 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Check any local auto parts stores as well (Autozone, Advance Auto, Pep Boys, etc.) Most of them carry the Silverstars in stock, and you don't have to pay for shipping.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to romajr86
Quote:
Have you thought of the Silverstars amber bulbs?

This is how they look on my 6:

More info: Click me!

I've had them for close to two years now. I haven't blown one yet, and they're just as bright as the stock turn signals.[/b]

wow thats hott. ive never seen something like those before.. im gonna pick them up myself i think

I went from zoom zoom to bwaaaaaa psshhh

2007 6i VE Glacier Silver -SOLD

2013 Subaru WRX - WR BLue
1968 Camaro SS "Neptunes Jewel" Blue -
My
and
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Drivers License

Quote:
wow thats hott. ive never seen something like those before.. im gonna pick them up myself i think[/b]
I have those. mine are made by osram and they are called diadem signal lights. The diadem is the term they use in europe for these exact lights. they look blue/silvery when off and yellow when they flash. They are extremely bright. The exact u.s. equivalent by the same manufacturer only under the sylvania brand name is Sylvania 1157A Silverstar High Performance Signal Lighting. thats the size for mazda6 front signals. You can get a pair from amazon.com for like $11 bucks like i did or from your auto store. They really are great. And give a nice clean bluish hue the lens which matches my paint. If you go with the chrome domes or even half chrome domes your going to suffer from a not so bright turn signal. And the half chrome ones, from what i hear leak yellow light reflected into the housing. The only other option i know of is PIAA mirror orange 1157 bulbs. but they are more expensive. never used them, but they look more yellow than the silverstars when they are off. I've had my silverstars in for 4 months in the northeast with no problems and they are still bright like the oems, unlike my rears which are chrome ones from autolumination. I don't think they make these in our rear bulb size yet or else they would be probably be in there.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Ok, so I'm really liking these Silverstars so I'm probably going to get those now.

Now, I was looking at either the Chromed or chrome-dome bulbs because I could order those at the same time as the chromed bulbs for my taillights. Now, if I'm going to get the silverstars, I'll have to get them from somewhere else so now I'm paying two seperate shipping charges.

Are there any other options for the rear turn signal bulbs than chromed bulbs from someplace like autolumination?

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 07:18 PM

Wow, thanks for the info. That yellow really clashes with my blue car. I'll give the Silverstars a go!

<span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS">Slower traffic keep right!</span></span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page