Choice on front turn signal bulbs - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to ZoomZoom04
Ok, just so that I am clear on this... the 1157A replaces the 2357A stock bulb....... right? They have the pair at Advance down the street for $9.95 ..

-Willy-
*2004 Blazing Copper '04 M6i Hatch, ATX* (SOLD)
*2016 6i Soul Red Touring w/Moonroof and Tech pkg*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to djquik1
yup.

2004 Mazda 6S Veilside(TRADED)
2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to ZoomZoom04
TRuuu, Truuu... Thanks.

-Willy-
*2004 Blazing Copper '04 M6i Hatch, ATX* (SOLD)
*2016 6i Soul Red Touring w/Moonroof and Tech pkg*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 05:22 PM

PIAA 1157 is blue bulb but turns white OMG it looks so good on a lapis blue i MUST say.. looks freakin awesome on my car... you want a pic?
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
PIAA 1157 is blue bulb but turns white OMG it looks so good on a lapis blue i MUST say.. looks freakin awesome on my car... you want a pic?[/b]
I wouldn't mind seeing a pic.

-'06 2.3 6i mtx-
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Have you thought of the Silverstars amber bulbs?

This is how they look on my 6:

More info: Click me!

I've had them for close to two years now. I haven't blown one yet, and they're just as bright as the stock turn signals.[/b]
My car looks like this up front:

[attachment=24225:P1220084.JPG]

I put the PIAA's for the rear turn signals and it look pretty cool... it also lights up very brightly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1220084.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	772.6 KB
ID:	56769  

(Traded-in)04Mazda6sSilverBlackLeatherShavedEmblemsMSSprin gsBilsteinHDMS ShifterMSCAIAEMAirStraightenerPowerStopK2449MeganR acingSTBMS6 TailsCordovaMotorSportsTBLightweightFlywheelRacing BeatAxle-BacksCorksportExhaustHangersYokohamaYK580(225/45r17)MB Interlines(48mm)LED'sXtec4000KH3'sSilverstarfronts ignalbulbsPIAAMirrorOrangerearsignalTintCargoNetSu rnoofMazdaMP3BoseZainoRepairedHeadlinerCP-E(Pink60Duro)

15 Mazda 6i Touring MTX/Cargo Net/Tint/Clear Bra
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 07:21 PM

I currently have silverstars in the front and the chrome domes in the back.The full mirrored are way too dull for me when lit. I put one in and left the stock bulb in the other and compared with the hazards on.full chromes are about half as bright as stock, mind you i did this comparison at night.the chrome domes do reflect a slight hint of orange, but i have no problem with them. You really can't see the orange hue unless your looking for it.Plus they're very bright day and night.i agree the silverstars look great in the front.they are also very bright. But they aren't completely blue. they are mostly blue with this tiny hint of orange.but it looks cool. Maybe i'll take some comparison pics this weekend..

UPDATE:

I ran out and swapped bulbs around like crazy taking pics.Heres my completely non-expert opinion, take it or leave it.

*Silverstars - Blue with a hint of orange at certain angles when unlit.The hint of orange looks kinda cool.About as bright as stock.

*Chrome Domes - Chrome center, but reflects an orange tint when unlit.It's quite noticeable in the front, but not so much in the back. Slightly dimmer than stock(but not much).Still bright, day and night.

*Full Chrome - Completely chrome (duh, ). Look great unlit. As stated earlier, IMO they're half as bright as stock.I wouldn't trust them in daylight.

__All Chrome Domes and Full Chromes were purchased from Autolumination__

PLEASE EXCUSE THE HORRIBLE PHOTOS.Taken with a very cheap digital camera,while the rain clouds were rolling in.

All Four Front Bulbs(Stock,Full Chrome,Silverstar,ChromeDome)*Stock not shown installed, we all know what they look like. and i'm lazy

Silverstar held to sky

Silverstar held to ground

Silverstar- See the orange?

Chrome Domes

Full Chromes

Silverstar vs. Chrome Domes (Note: Silverstars are very similar to stock in brightness)

Silverstar vs. Full Chrome

Moving on to the rear...

All Three Bulbs Tested

Stock (I figured, oh what the hell.)

Chrome Domes

Full Chrome

Unfortunately it is very difficult to get an acceptable comparison of the rear tails lit up.The rear bulbs don't look in pictures as they do in person so they have been left out to avoid misleading anyone.Maybe someone with a better camera can work that out.

Well there it is.That should help a few people make a decision.If there's any questions or you need a different pic of something just let me know.
No need to point out spelling,punctuation or grammar errors, "cuz i (juzt) dunt; reallie' kare"

Tungsten Grey 2006 Mazda 6S Sport: ATX (w/Tip-Tronic), 6-Disc Changer w/ Bose, Moonroof, All Weather Mats
-Current Modz -
MazdaSpeed CAI, Eyelids, VG Sharkfin Antenna, Clear side markers, Interior LEDs, Chrome Dome Rear Turns, Silverstar Front Turns
-In Boxes,Not Yet Installed-
NRG Hood Dampers, Moonroof Deflector, Rain Guards
-Future Modz-
Injen Cat-back + HIDs (For now)
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Thanked 1,168 Times in 855 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
As much as you can see a difference between the full chromes and silverstars lit in the front, trust me, it's not nearly as bad in the back. It may be due to the clear lense in the rear, but as I stated before, my full-chromes in the back are slightly dimmer in full sunlight, but are just as bright as OEM bulbs at night.

Every person that's followed me when driving says that they can easily see my turn signal, in daylight as well as at night. Trust me, I compared them very carefully when I first purchased them, because I didn't want to lose the functionality of the turn signal. Despite the dimmer light during daylight, I still could see them easily. There was NO difference at night. So I kept them, since the majority of the time, it's off, and the chrome gives it a much classier look than the amber tint from the OEM bulb.

It's just MHO, but save your $$$ (compared to the PIAAs) and get the full-chromes for the rear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all your work 06 Mazda Sicks, those are some very handy pictures!

I tried Advance Auto Parts, and they still want $20 for the silverstars in the front, which is hard to justify when I can order them from Autobarn.com for $10 with $5 for shipping.

I'm going to get the Silverstars for the front, and fully chromed ambers for the back, and we'll just see how it goes from there. Really this is only a small appearance mod, and I'm not willing to spend more than $10 or so on front and back. We'll see how the rear bulbs go, and if they aren't bright enough I'll just take them back out.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Bullet- 2003 Mazda6S- Sport 3.0L MTX Lapis Metallic

Current mods- Injen Cold Air Intake, 20% Tint all around, clear corner lights, blue interior LEDs, blue light up door sills, painted brake calipers, Blue Rockblocker light protection film on headlights and clear corners, True-Euro Clear taillights tinted with Nite-Shades

Wish-List Mods- Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Racing Beat Sway-Bars & End-Links, CP-E Engine Mounts, Racing Beat Springs with Bilstein HD Shocks
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 12:35 PM

Maybe is just my car, but how can you change your front turn lignt.
Mines seem to be glued.... Is that possible?
What you guys think?
I want to put Silverstar !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page