Choice on front turn signal bulbs - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 01:36 AM
Drivers License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Wow, thanks for the info. That yellow really clashes with my blue car. I'll give the Silverstars a go![/b]
no prob...you'll love them compared to the yellow.

as far as choices for the rear you'll have to do a little searching around the forums. when i was looking the only options i saw that were not l.e.d.s and would give a clear look were the chromes and half chromes. I have the full chromes from autolumination in the back. they look great when they are off...completely matches and looks invisible...however it is noticeably darker in the sunlight when the blinker is on than compared to the oem ones. I don't really mind but wish there were some other options. the half chrome ones i've been told are going to still be similar in brightness to the full ones...slightly better....but they leak yellow into the housing, and i didn't want that. maybe iirc piaa made mirror orange ones for the back. i know people say those are bright, they are just expensive and have a very slight orange hue to them, though its nothing like oem.

and yeah the yellow really does clash with our blue cars. I was hoping i wasn't the only one who thought the yellow looks more horrible on our cars than it does on other colors...funny how we think alike with blue cars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
no prob...you'll love them compared to the yellow.

as far as choices for the rear you'll have to do a little searching around the forums. when i was looking the only options i saw that were not l.e.d.s and would give a clear look were the chromes and half chromes. I have the full chromes from autolumination in the back. they look great when they are off...completely matches and looks invisible...however it is noticeably darker in the sunlight when the blinker is on than compared to the oem ones. I don't really mind but wish there were some other options. the half chrome ones i've been told are going to still be similar in brightness to the full ones...slightly better....but they leak yellow into the housing, and i didn't want that. maybe iirc piaa made mirror orange ones for the back. i know people say those are bright, they are just expensive and have a very slight orange hue to them, though its nothing like oem.

and yeah the yellow really does clash with our blue cars. I was hoping i wasn't the only one who thought the yellow looks more horrible on our cars than it does on other colors...funny how we think alike with blue cars[/b]
Absolutely.

Anybody know any pros or cons to using LEDs as rear turn signals? How are they for brightness, and look when not active?

Bullet- 2003 Mazda6S- Sport 3.0L MTX Lapis Metallic

Current mods- Injen Cold Air Intake, 20% Tint all around, clear corner lights, blue interior LEDs, blue light up door sills, painted brake calipers, Blue Rockblocker light protection film on headlights and clear corners, True-Euro Clear taillights tinted with Nite-Shades

Wish-List Mods- Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Racing Beat Sway-Bars & End-Links, CP-E Engine Mounts, Racing Beat Springs with Bilstein HD Shocks
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 11:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to iisabrane
Chrome rear turn signals are great. I ordered mine from autolumination. They are completely invisible in the housing when off and are plenty bright when turned on. I tried the chrome ambers for the fronts and found that they still made the housing yellow somehow and was thoroughly disappointed. I got some silverstars at the pep boys next to my house for 10 bucks and really like them. There really bright and give a nice bluish orangy color in the housing.

2005 Silver 6i ATX + Leather and Moonroof = Almost heaviest 6 Possible
Done: Tint, Clear Sidemarkers, Atenza Badge, Atenza license plate frames, Xtec 4000k Halogen H1 and H3's, Silverstar Turn Signals, Brake Light mod, Sidemarker turn signals, advanced timing mod, Complete Retrofit (ECE, Bosch Gen2, Philips 85122), RX-8 18" Rims, VG Sharkfin Antenna, Audiolink Ipod Adapter, Black Euro Tails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Chrome rear turn signals are great. I ordered mine from autolumination. They are completely invisible in the housing when off and are plenty bright when turned on. I tried the chrome ambers for the fronts and found that they still made the housing yellow somehow and was thoroughly disappointed. I got some silverstars at the pep boys next to my house for 10 bucks and really like them. There really bright and give a nice bluish orangy color in the housing.[/b]
Did you get the ones that are only half covered in chrome, or fully chromed? And are they bright enough to see during the day? That's my main problem, i want people to be able to see my turn signals when the sun's up.

Current mods- Injen Cold Air Intake, 20% Tint all around, clear corner lights, blue interior LEDs, blue light up door sills, painted brake calipers, Blue Rockblocker light protection film on headlights and clear corners, True-Euro Clear taillights tinted with Nite-Shades

Wish-List Mods- Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Racing Beat Sway-Bars & End-Links, CP-E Engine Mounts, Racing Beat Springs with Bilstein HD Shocks
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Thanked 1,168 Times in 855 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Did you get the ones that are only half covered in chrome, or fully chromed? And are they bright enough to see during the day? That's my main problem, i want people to be able to see my turn signals when the sun's up.[/b]
I've got the full-chrome-covered bulbs in the back. They're from autolumination.com

They're slightly dimmer in sunlight, but just as bright as stock at night, and I've never had any problems with them either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to djquik1
I will try and get some pics up over lunch,but I have the silverstars in front and and PIAA mirror orange in the rear

2004 Mazda 6S Veilside(TRADED)
2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I will try and get some pics up over lunch,but I have the silverstars in front and and PIAA mirror orange in the rear[/b]
Hmm, the PIAA mirror orange bulbs in the rear is definitely an option. They're $40 for the pair though, while the chromed ambers from autolumination are only like $3 a piece. Maybe that'll be my backup if I'm not happy.

post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to djquik1
Quote:
Hmm, the PIAA mirror orange bulbs in the rear is definitely an option. They're $40 for the pair though, while the chromed ambers from autolumination are only like $3 a piece. Maybe that'll be my backup if I'm not happy. [/b]

I had the chromed ambers from autolumination and they were not nearly as bright as the PIAA's.

2004 Mazda 6S Veilside(TRADED)
2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I had the chromed ambers from autolumination and they were not nearly as bright as the PIAA's.[/b]
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of, may have to get the more expensive bulbs to get a result I like. It'd probably have to wait a bit then, there's too much difference between a $10 weekend project, and a $40 weekend project. =/

post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 08:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to blue06mazda6
Yea the same here. I got the Silver Starts for the front. But still need to get a set of chrome bulbs for the rear. I really like the PIAA but don't want to spend $40 for lights

2010 Victory Red Cobalt Mods: SS Spoiler, Pro Kit Springs, In channel rain guards, GMPP Intake, Rockford front speakers, Factory Sub box W/ Memphis sub, Custom LED 3rd brake light and LED Tail lights, Clear Coated Gray Dash trim, carbon fiber shift knob, Black headlights, White gauge cluster. aluminum Pedals, Rear Head rest delete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page