Shane23 and Angel120's Install Day - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nope next video has to have a cameo of you in it.....no hiding behind the camera. I have only seen a slight glimse of your face from the mirror install.

Showcase Mazda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i want and LED in my cup holder halp!
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to doublebass120
Quote:
i want and LED in my cup holder halp![/b]
Not hard at all, as far as wiring goes, I wired mine up to the cig lighter that's under the center armrest. Use a glue gun to glue the momentary switch to the side of the cupholders, so that the lid presses down on it, thus turning on the light. And, finally, make a hole big enough to fit w/e kind of LED you put, and glue-gun it in place.

If you need pics of my setup, lemme know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| CarPC | (soon) FX Projectors w/ revived Euro Headlight Motors

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Not hard at all, as far as wiring goes, I wired mine up to the cig lighter that's under the center armrest. Use a glue gun to glue the momentary switch to the side of the cupholders, so that the lid presses down on it, thus turning on the light. And, finally, make a hole big enough to fit w/e kind of LED you put, and glue-gun it in place.

If you need pics of my setup, lemme know.[/b]
u should write a guide for that, i need to do that too.

Where did u get the LED from? are they the same LED that using for the parking lights cuz i got a few laying around that could be use. More detail could be great!!

We should meet up sometimes, i'll go to Brooklyn somewhere next month or so.

Let me know when u get the rims

NO LONGER AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THIS FORUM. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME. i WILL NOT RESPONSE
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
u should write a guide for that, i need to do that too.

Where did u get the LED from? are they the same LED that using for the parking lights cuz i got a few laying around that could be use. More detail could be great!!

We should meet up sometimes, i'll go to Brooklyn somewhere next month or so.

Let me know when u get the rims [/b]
Actually, they can be any size you want, and the hole that you're gonna make is gonna be the size of w/e LED you use. I think Shane gave me a 5-LED bulb, but I'd say it's all up to you. Hell, you can put 2 LED's if you want, one right in the center of the bottom of each holder, so the light gets refracted through the whole bottle, not just a reflection.

|

post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Actually, they can be any size you want, and the hole that you're gonna make is gonna be the size of w/e LED you use. I think Shane gave me a 5-LED bulb, but I'd say it's all up to you. Hell, you can put 2 LED's if you want, one right in the center of the bottom of each holder, so the light gets refracted through the whole bottle, not just a reflection.[/b]
How about the wiring? it must be hard right? how do u wire the bulb like that? theres no socket to plug the bulb in like how the interior lights are.

NO LONGER AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THIS FORUM. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME. i WILL NOT RESPONSE
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 09:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shane23 Send a message via MSN to Shane23 Send a message via Yahoo to Shane23
Quote:
Actually, they can be any size you want, and the hole that you're gonna make is gonna be the size of w/e LED you use. I think Shane gave me a 5-LED bulb, but I'd say it's all up to you. Hell, you can put 2 LED's if you want, one right in the center of the bottom of each holder, so the light gets refracted through the whole bottle, not just a reflection.[/b]

That was a 6LED 194 bulb..

As for a write-up, i dont think its a very formal write up but you can hit the link in my sig its like the 3rd item...

Someone else did it in a way i really like they put about 4-5 small leds to follow the outline of the cup holdeer and one led @ the top when it closed the leds on the inside went off and the one on the top of the cover went on.. and the opposite when it opened..

all depends on what u have lying around to work with.... ill be putting one in my coin holder soon

| 2005 Mazda 6i (Performance White) |
|
|
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:11 PM

Wow is that in Fresh Meadows by the movie theaters? Thats couple blocks from my mom's house. Always thought i was the only six around in that whole area. Hey Shane i think i spotted u in brooklyn by my house, I passed u on court street late night. Can notice those side mirrors from a mile away, car looks sick btw.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Wow is that in Fresh Meadows by the movie theaters? Thats couple blocks from my mom's house. Always thought i was the only six around in that whole area. Hey Shane i think i spotted u in brooklyn by my house, I passed u on court street late night. Can notice those side mirrors from a mile away, car looks sick btw. [/b]
Yup, that's Fresh Meadows. What part of Queens are you from? I'm always around the FM library, and Queens College (work and school).

|

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Yup, that's Fresh Meadows. What part of Queens are you from? I'm always around the FM library, and Queens College (work and school).[/b]
Im on 188th st. a block down from the library, always around that whole area, fresh meadows, jamaica, bayside flushing etc. I go to QC sometimes to visit friends. We should link one day, maybe next time u guys do an install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page