question about used 2005 headlamp assemblies - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to UCIntegra1
Hey there. I need to buy some replacement headlamp assemblies (complete with dustcaps and fogs) for my 03 6s and I found a place that is selling used 2005 headlamps for $275 each side. This is the cheapest I have seen and am willing to buy these over the 03 headlamps because the 05 ones have a dark housing built in. Can anyone tell me if the 05 headlamps are any different from the 03 ones? They should be plug and play, right? Thanks for the input.

2003 Mazda 6s ATX, Onyx Black

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: CP-E MAFci system --- Tein S-Tech lowering springs --- Mazdaspeed 6 18" alloy wheels --- de-badged --- Metra Kit with Sony MEX-BT5000 bluetooth MP3 receiver (making and taking phone calls in the car w/o using my phone!) --- G2 YELLOW painted calipers --- Apex'i World Sport II catback exhaust system --- Stoptech slotted rotors with Hawk HPS brake pads

Mods pending: de-badging the strips on the sides of the car? Still debating... --- Katsuro HID's, trying to fix my old headlights so I can finish this! grrrr... --- Bilstein HD shocks ---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

wait, are the 05 headlamps even dark-housed? I was searchin a little around this forum and it looks like only the 06-07 have dark-housed headlamps... but I could have sworn I saw a 2005 with dark-housed headlamps.... can anyone shed some light on this? (no pun intended)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: CP-E MAFci system --- Tein S-Tech lowering springs --- Mazdaspeed 6 18" alloy wheels --- de-badged --- Metra Kit with Sony MEX-BT5000 bluetooth MP3 receiver (making and taking phone calls in the car w/o using my phone!) --- G2 YELLOW painted calipers --- Apex'i World Sport II catback exhaust system --- Stoptech slotted rotors with Hawk HPS brake pads

Mods pending: de-badging the strips on the sides of the car? Still debating... --- Katsuro HID's, trying to fix my old headlights so I can finish this! grrrr... --- Bilstein HD shocks ---
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 02:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to iisabrane
05's don't have black housing. People who have 05's that are black have done that themselves. I did mine when I did my HID retrofit. The 06's started with the black housing but they don't come with integrated fogs (if you care).

2005 Silver 6i ATX + Leather and Moonroof = Almost heaviest 6 Possible
Done: Tint, Clear Sidemarkers, Atenza Badge, Atenza license plate frames, Xtec 4000k Halogen H1 and H3's, Silverstar Turn Signals, Brake Light mod, Sidemarker turn signals, advanced timing mod, Complete Retrofit (ECE, Bosch Gen2, Philips 85122), RX-8 18" Rims, VG Sharkfin Antenna, Audiolink Ipod Adapter, Black Euro Tails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 02:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to 6Venom
My 05 has darker housings (darker than previous years). They're like a greyish color. But, def not black.

Information wants to be free - Entertainment wants to be paid - You want to be cheap.

2016 Mazda6 Touring
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
My 05 has darker housings (darker than previous years). They're like a greyish color. But, def not black.[/b]
Mazda put "smoked" housings on the 6 hatchs in 2005-all other models stayed with the regular housings (like my 05 sedan).

2005 Mazda 6 S MTX Steel Gray sedan-Sport Package, Bose, Moonroof, leather
mods-Under bumper fog lights, lighted door sills, PIAA Extreme White 4000K high beams and H3 fog lights,Avon Tech M550 225/45ZR-17 tires, BR Lip , LED rear brake/tail lights, Apexcone DDM 4500k 35w HIDs in low beams
-mods on hold to save for wife's Miata-PURCHASED MIATA on 12/23/2008. Now the battle is which car gets the next MODs!!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

cool, thanks for clarifying that for me. Looks like there's no difference between the 05 and 03 headlights. I think I'll try to get some 03 headlights... but before that, I wanna see if I can fix my existing headlamps. We'll see what happens...

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
what happened to them in the first place if you don't mind me asking?

and yes scott is correct, only the hatches have the tinted lenses, sedans are the same for 03-05

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
what happened to them in the first place if you don't mind me asking?

and yes scott is correct, only the hatches have the tinted lenses, sedans are the same for 03-05[/b]
Well, since my car is lowered more in the front than in the back, the headlight beam is pointed more towards the ground. I was going to adjust my headlights and found out when I turned on my headlights to check them, my passenger side went out. I checked under the hood and found the ground wire metal flag-tab rusted and broke off. That wasn't the real problem. I continued on and adjusted my drivers side headlight. I got to the point where the adjustment screw got tight, so I stopped. Still wasn't high enough, I thought. I turned away for a second and heard a POP noise. I looked back at my drivers side headlamp and saw that my low beam fell off the housing or something. Basically, when I turned on my low beams, it pointed so far downward I couldn't even see it from the driver's seat. So basically, I am running ONLY fog lights at night, which scares me on dark roads. Thatz why I was thinking of either buying new headlights (LAST resort) or attempting to fix both headlamps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page