changing the projectors on my 6 - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
got a question...what about those CX7 or CX9 guys...what kinda projectors they rocking, because they look pretty niceeee to...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 01:29 PM

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
oo those tsx HID's make me wanna cream mah pants[/b]
they do look very sharp... what's the going price on them?

2005 Mazda6 3.0L MODS: Too many to list

2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R (Black) to go sh*tballs fast...
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
they do look very sharp... what's the going price on them?[/b]
They guy at the mazda dealer told me they aren't sold seperatly, and i wasn't about to ask how much the whole headlight assembly cost... can't find the damn projectors anywhere....

FS:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 03:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to felix6628 Send a message via MSN to felix6628 Send a message via Yahoo to felix6628
Quote:
they do look very sharp... what's the going price on them?[/b]
I got the TSX projectors from ebay, got them for 160 bucks shipped. Not a bad price, took 2-3 days for them to be shipped. Now im just waiting for my HID kit, then i can start on my retrofit. I would buy them from ebay man, anywhere else is too damn expensive, unless u can get them off a TSX in the junk yard.

Quote:
They guy at the mazda dealer told me they aren't sold seperatly, and i wasn't about to ask how much the whole headlight assembly cost... can't find the damn projectors anywhere....[/b]
ebay man. I got mine from ebay, $160 bucks shipped. Not too bad, cant wait till i get my HID kit then i can start on the retrofit.

2003 Mazda6S ATX Speed Yellow with 19"x8.5 Enkei Rims | yellow streetglow gold series neons(uninstalled/broke) | M Sport front bumber | 5% front 2-3% rear window tint(changed to 30% all around) | 2 OBX Racing mufflers | Angel eye halos | 6000k HID Kit(uninstalled) | bright strobes(uninstalled) | painted engine and fuse covers | AEM Short Ram Air Intake(uninstalled) | painted sum interior pieces | metra dash kit | JVC DVD/CD/3" monitor Head unit | <span style="color:#000099">2 12" JL Audio W6&#39;s with 2 500/1 JL Audio 500 watt amps</span> | custom ported box facing into the car | 10 farad stingers hybrid capacitor | bass control | remote start/alarm | painted brake calipers(need repainting) | 6 Blue 194 6LED bulbs(front and back dome lights and door lights) | ReverseGlow Gauge overlays | B&M Tranny cooler | 3 pod Gauge pod | 3 Gauges: Voltage, Vaccum, and Transmission Temperature Autometer Gauges | 3 Blue 194 6LED bulbs for gauges | CP-e Nontuneable CAI MAFci | Retrofitting of TSX projectors(uninstalled) | New Apexcone HID Kit 8000K D2S bulbs 35W | New EBC Green stuff Brake pads front and rear | New OEM Rotors front and rear | Retrofitting of RDX projectors | 8000K 55W Apexcone HID kit D2S

Upcoming Mods: Extreme front bumper, Retrofitting of FX45 Bi-Xenon projectors

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 04:15 PM

are you goign to get a set of new headlights before you do your project? i just saw your want to buy post....you should of put that post up first before even thinking about getting the tsx&#39;s but than again it really doesnt matter. just like to do things in order i guess.

good luck on your retro.

i was just wondering about the cx&#39;s projectors because if they are anything like our stock ones and the bosch guys sthan it realy wont take that much fabricating to mount them in the headlight.

FS:
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 11:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to felix6628 Send a message via MSN to felix6628 Send a message via Yahoo to felix6628
Quote:
are you goign to get a set of new headlights before you do your project? i just saw your want to buy post....you should of put that post up first before even thinking about getting the tsx&#39;s but than again it really doesnt matter. just like to do things in order i guess.

good luck on your retro.

i was just wondering about the cx&#39;s projectors because if they are anything like our stock ones and the bosch guys sthan it realy wont take that much fabricating to mount them in the headlight.[/b]
yea, im trying to get another set of headlights. I know i should have gotten them first, but it doesnt matter, either way i will get this retrofit done, i want to be the first ones with the TSX retrofits. And thanks, i dunno much about the cx&#39;s projectors, but good luck with them if ur going with them.

2003 Mazda6S ATX Speed Yellow with 19"x8.5 Enkei Rims | yellow streetglow gold series neons(uninstalled/broke) | M Sport front bumber | 5% front 2-3% rear window tint(changed to 30% all around) | 2 OBX Racing mufflers | Angel eye halos | 6000k HID Kit(uninstalled) | bright strobes(uninstalled) | painted engine and fuse covers | AEM Short Ram Air Intake(uninstalled) | painted sum interior pieces | metra dash kit | JVC DVD/CD/3" monitor Head unit | <span style="color:#000099">2 12" JL Audio W6&#39;s with 2 500/1 JL Audio 500 watt amps</span> | custom ported box facing into the car | 10 farad stingers hybrid capacitor | bass control | remote start/alarm | painted brake calipers(need repainting) | 6 Blue 194 6LED bulbs(front and back dome lights and door lights) | ReverseGlow Gauge overlays | B&M Tranny cooler | 3 pod Gauge pod | 3 Gauges: Voltage, Vaccum, and Transmission Temperature Autometer Gauges | 3 Blue 194 6LED bulbs for gauges | CP-e Nontuneable CAI MAFci | Retrofitting of TSX projectors(uninstalled) | New Apexcone HID Kit 8000K D2S bulbs 35W | New EBC Green stuff Brake pads front and rear | New OEM Rotors front and rear | Retrofitting of RDX projectors | 8000K 55W Apexcone HID kit D2S

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 04:01 AM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
ooh shit.. i forgot to mention 1 thing about stanley proj or TSX/TL...... most of the guys in hidplanet forums tend to look for the projector in matching serial number... i dont know why.... but just a reminder..... i dun think it matters tho....

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
ooh shit.. i forgot to mention 1 thing about stanley proj or TSX/TL...... most of the guys in hidplanet forums tend to look for the projector in matching serial number... i dont know why.... but just a reminder..... i dun think it matters tho....[/b]
Really???? thats kind of strange, maybe i guess they just want to get them as close as possible to one another? Someone said no two projectors are exactly the same, but whatever, i&#39;m sure if they&#39;re tru TSX&#39;s you&#39;ll be aight.

Felix, are you going to mod the projector in anyway? washer mod or bent sheild? IMO i think 1 washer should be enough to put out some serious color....

Keep us up to date on how you plan on fabricating a mount for those guys, i mean if all else fails there&#39;s always zip ties! lol

FS:
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Really???? thats kind of strange, maybe i guess they just want to get them as close as possible to one another? Someone said no two projectors are exactly the same, but whatever, i&#39;m sure if they&#39;re tru TSX&#39;s you&#39;ll be aight.

Felix, are you going to mod the projector in anyway? washer mod or bent sheild? IMO i think 1 washer should be enough to put out some serious color....

Keep us up to date on how you plan on fabricating a mount for those guys, i mean if all else fails there&#39;s always zip ties! lol [/b]
Well im thinking about doing the washer mod, cuz on the TSX projectors u cant bend the sheild. Its like a solid piece of metel, so i guess ill do the washer mod. Yea i will definetly keep everyone posted. Right now i am talking to Haroon about fabricationg sum brackets cuz he knows sum1 that is also doing the TSX retrofit, so hopefully he can make me a set. I just got my HID kit today, so now i have to figure out what to do about the mounting brakets. Man ur crazy, im not zip tying anything lol, besides wires haha.

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Learners License

Unhappy

HI there, I been looking for a Retrofit but I never saw the inside of the headlight.... is there a lot of room for the "new" projector?? some of them have huge conector to the projector(at the back end...) is it gone fit in there?? what about up and down clearence... do I have room for the BiXenon assembly???

Here some picture of some differente projector I&#39;m looking at...

[attachment=20377:BiXenon_projector.jpg] [attachment=20378:biXenon_projector2.jpg] [attachment=20379:biXenon_projector3.jpg] [attachment=20380:biXenon_projector4.jpg]

Thanks for your input!

Here is one single beam but whit a BIG connector...

[attachment=20381:HID_E46_from_TTi.jpg]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page