What temperature kit should i get! poll! - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
View Poll Results: 5000k or 6000k
5000k 11 45.83%
6000k 13 54.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
alright now i have to wait for paypal to clear... shipping to come... and find a good 2 - 3 hours for installation because ive never done wiring on headlights before nor have i taken off my bumper... ive installed some halogens but those took 10 minutes to clip in n look pretty nice..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to djquik1
Quote:
8k's too much blue, not enough output. You're going mainly for looks if you go 8k. 5500k's a great medium IMO but, can't find it often. I'd do 6k for sure, so good choice.[/b]

retrofit new projectors and it has enough output.

2004 Mazda 6S Veilside(TRADED)
2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
alright now i have to wait for paypal to clear... shipping to come... and find a good 2 - 3 hours for installation because ive never done wiring on headlights before nor have i taken off my bumper... ive installed some halogens but those took 10 minutes to clip in n look pretty nice..[/b]
talk to your neighbour..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 08:41 PM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Come up to Cleveland and I'll help ya out

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

ha well if u come down to cinci u can help me with the install cause im clue lESS
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 10:16 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to blackmagik_13 Send a message via MSN to blackmagik_13 Send a message via Yahoo to blackmagik_13
Quote:
retrofit new projectors and it has enough output.[/b]
What kind of projectors?

Once I get my tax return, I'm spending for some HID's, retrofit though. Have EvoVIII ballasts, buying Philips D2S 5k bulbs, or 6k's if I can find them, a relay, and possibly the Bosch e46 ECE Projectors.

Can't wait

post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to djquik1
Quote:
What kind of projectors?

Once I get my tax return, I'm spending for some HID's, retrofit though. Have EvoVIII ballasts, buying Philips D2S 5k bulbs, or 6k's if I can find them, a relay, and possibly the Bosch e46 ECE Projectors.

Can't wait [/b]
I went with the E46 ECE projectors,Apexcone 35w 8000k D2S set up and the output is fantastic.If i would do it again,I would try to put in TSX/TL projectors.I couldn't beat lifetime warranty or a almost bolt-in projector.

2004 Mazda 6S Veilside(TRADED)
2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 11:27 AM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
What kind of projectors?

Can't wait [/b]
I actually remember that F/S thread you had on those...lol wish i bought em before you decided not to sell....lol yeah get some projectors and you'll be good to go.

Having maybe a TL projector, or TSX, or even S2K i'd def. love to be able to do that, or even be able to push the projectors out more as they seem to sit kinda far back....

FS:
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 06:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to UCIntegra1
get 5000K so you don't give cops a reason to pull you over. I just ordered a 5000K Katsuro kit and can't wait to install it! I thought it would be a good compromise between 4500 and 6000.

2003 Mazda 6s ATX, Onyx Black

Mods: CP-E MAFci system --- Tein S-Tech lowering springs --- Mazdaspeed 6 18" alloy wheels --- de-badged --- Metra Kit with Sony MEX-BT5000 bluetooth MP3 receiver (making and taking phone calls in the car w/o using my phone!) --- G2 YELLOW painted calipers --- Apex'i World Sport II catback exhaust system --- Stoptech slotted rotors with Hawk HPS brake pads

Mods pending: de-badging the strips on the sides of the car? Still debating... --- Katsuro HID's, trying to fix my old headlights so I can finish this! grrrr... --- Bilstein HD shocks ---
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 09:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to felix6628 Send a message via MSN to felix6628 Send a message via Yahoo to felix6628
Quote:
I went with the E46 ECE projectors,Apexcone 35w 8000k D2S set up and the output is fantastic.If i would do it again,I would try to put in TSX/TL projectors.I couldn't beat lifetime warranty or a almost bolt-in projector.[/b]
Hey djquik1, do u have any night shots of ur retorfits? I just got me sum TSX projectors and im still debating if i want the Apexcone 35W 8000K or the 35W 6000K. I want to see how the output is before i decide. I want to order the kid by tmw at the lastest. SO if u could post sum pictures tonight, that would be great.

2003 Mazda6S ATX Speed Yellow with 19"x8.5 Enkei Rims | yellow streetglow gold series neons(uninstalled/broke) | M Sport front bumber | 5% front 2-3% rear window tint(changed to 30% all around) | 2 OBX Racing mufflers | Angel eye halos | 6000k HID Kit(uninstalled) | bright strobes(uninstalled) | painted engine and fuse covers | AEM Short Ram Air Intake(uninstalled) | painted sum interior pieces | metra dash kit | JVC DVD/CD/3" monitor Head unit | <span style="color:#000099">2 12" JL Audio W6&#39;s with 2 500/1 JL Audio 500 watt amps</span> | custom ported box facing into the car | 10 farad stingers hybrid capacitor | bass control | remote start/alarm | painted brake calipers(need repainting) | 6 Blue 194 6LED bulbs(front and back dome lights and door lights) | ReverseGlow Gauge overlays | B&M Tranny cooler | 3 pod Gauge pod | 3 Gauges: Voltage, Vaccum, and Transmission Temperature Autometer Gauges | 3 Blue 194 6LED bulbs for gauges | CP-e Nontuneable CAI MAFci | Retrofitting of TSX projectors(uninstalled) | New Apexcone HID Kit 8000K D2S bulbs 35W | New EBC Green stuff Brake pads front and rear | New OEM Rotors front and rear | Retrofitting of RDX projectors | 8000K 55W Apexcone HID kit D2S

Upcoming Mods: Extreme front bumper, Retrofitting of FX45 Bi-Xenon projectors

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page