Should I wire up my sport fogs? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
View Poll Results: Should I wire up my sport fogs?
yes 11 100.00%
no 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wondering if its really worth hooking up. I looked at a bunch of threads and it seems many would just put them in w/out wiring. Personally I like the look of yellow fogs on bottem like the Lexus'.

'05 Steel Gray Mazda 6i Sport Sedan
<a href="http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?&autocom=registry&cmd=view_item&CID=135" target="_blank">
My Garage
</a>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 02:33 PM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
People put fogs in without wiring them? Why? If they&#39;re in, might as well wire &#39;em right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 04:01 PM

Huh? Im so confused. If you dont wire them, how do they turn on?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 04:28 PM

Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

Why wouldn&#39;t you want ot wire them up? I got the crapppy ones from Heronew, that just point straight down, and a little to the sides and I got them wired up.
And I also have the PIAA Crystal Ions in them.
I also like the yellow lights down there (Lexus look), just want better lights in the housings.

---Aloha

大きく悪いお父さんのガレージ

Where 'fix' doesn't always mean 'repair'
*Spare parts available*
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Not sure how heronew&#39;s fogs will hold up if I wire them to turn on with the parking lights. I was just wondering if I should take the time and wire them up or just pop them in if the fog housings aren&#39;t going to hold up to being on all the time w/ the headlights.

&#39;05 Steel Gray Mazda 6i Sport Sedan
<a href="http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?&autocom=registry&cmd=view_item&CID=135" target="_blank">
My Garage
</a>

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 09:39 PM

Yes, wire your fogs and hit me up on my cell so you can walk me through it step by step since my fogs have been in the box for almost 3 months...

Sig..... top gear87 bitched so I fixed it...
post# 9...

The infamous screen name windshield banner that mazda6club.com just wasn&#39;t ready for...

05 6I ATX/ 09-07-07 Dyno&#39;d at 154 WHP/
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
I can see why your hesitant on wiring them up.

I can only speak of my experience, but I wired them up. No use, those crappy lights that come with Heronew&#39;s set rusted out b/c they aren&#39;t air tight and water got in. Happened to both sides, so it kept on blowing the fuses.

Now I just have them on for looks.

They also do nothing for visibility... they look all cross eyed because the lights are not adjustable. Another local fellow here had one of them fall out on him.

There&#39;s two problems with Hernonew&#39;s fogs, for that matter, all aftermarket fogs for the sport bumper:

1. the housing is fixed so that the lamps only fit one way in (can&#39;t adjust them, all you see are mucked up light patterns)

2. crappy housings... they&#39;re close to the ground so they get the worse treatment of dirt and water --- they do not survive if you live in a rainy location

Racing Beat Muffler :
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 04:13 AM

Send a message via MSN to Beeks
Quote:
I can see why your hesitant on wiring them up.

I can only speak of my experience, but I wired them up. No use, those crappy lights that come with Heronew&#39;s set rusted out b/c they aren&#39;t air tight and water got in. Happened to both sides, so it kept on blowing the fuses.

Now I just have them on for looks.

They also do nothing for visibility... they look all cross eyed because the lights are not adjustable. Another local fellow here had one of them fall out on him.

There&#39;s two problems with Hernonew&#39;s fogs, for that matter, all aftermarket fogs for the sport bumper:

1. the housing is fixed so that the lamps only fit one way in (can&#39;t adjust them, all you see are mucked up light patterns)

2. crappy housings... they&#39;re close to the ground so they get the worse treatment of dirt and water --- they do not survive if you live in a rainy location[/b]

Damn, I bought mine like a month ago. So I&#39;m basically counting down the time until these things go huh?

---BEEKS</span></span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page