User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is a link to this site called blinglights. My question is, Do you guys think that i can maybe drill a hole into the cover plate and then mount these suckers through that hole?

Or should I buy those crappy fogs that are around and use the housing from those?

The only reason I dont want to use those so called OEM ones, is because ive heard they suck. I want looks but visibility as well.

Thanks guys

http://www.blinglights.com/shopbling/store...yProductId=8391

2005 Onxy Black 6s

Fujita F5 CAI // Optimized TB // Magnaflow cat-back // 6000k Apexcone 35w HID's in low beams (with glare mod) and integrated fog lights // Piaa clear 194's // Sirius Sporter 5 // Tenzo R's Passion 5 18X7.5 // 225 40 Falken Ziex ZE912 // LED tails // 15% tint all around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 01:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to heronew Send a message via MSN to heronew
not sure if you are aware that we sell a complete set of foglight kit for the 03-06 mazda6 sports bumpers. So all you need to do is pop out ur inserts and then put the new ones on and wire the fog lights. The kit is on sale rite now as well

visit us at www.jinsu-power.com

[Even sponsors must obey signature rules]
Current onsale item:
[color=red][b]McCULLUCH HID kits in GB section
Clear-Guard overlay kits 25%off
Clear-Guard paint protection kit 10%off plus free shipping
Autometer Gauges in Ebay Store!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

I know im aware of those. But I read the entire forum from the group buy section where you initially started selling those fog lights, and if im not mistaken you said that they are mostly for looks and that the output isnt the greatest.

2005 Onxy Black 6s

Fujita F5 CAI // Optimized TB // Magnaflow cat-back // 6000k Apexcone 35w HID's in low beams (with glare mod) and integrated fog lights // Piaa clear 194's // Sirius Sporter 5 // Tenzo R's Passion 5 18X7.5 // 225 40 Falken Ziex ZE912 // LED tails // 15% tint all around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 01:27 PM

Ahh, well all seriousness aside, theoretically you can do whatever you want with your inserts.... however they are probably going to look very crappy if you cut a hole in the insert and mount these lights.

If you want the best looking stock fogs for the sports bumper, I would get a housing for the foglights and attempt to get a good set of foglights and fit them into the housing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 02:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to heronew Send a message via MSN to heronew
It's true that the fog lamps that included in the kit is not the best out there. I personally only use them for looks as I think my stock intergrated foglight does great job at lighting up the road during bad weather.

[Even sponsors must obey signature rules]
Current onsale item:
[color=red][b]McCULLUCH HID kits in GB section
Clear-Guard overlay kits 25%off
Clear-Guard paint protection kit 10%off plus free shipping
Autometer Gauges in Ebay Store!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Ahh, well all seriousness aside, theoretically you can do whatever you want with your inserts.... however they are probably going to look very crappy if you cut a hole in the insert and mount these lights.

If you want the best looking stock fogs for the sports bumper, I would get a housing for the foglights and attempt to get a good set of foglights and fit them into the housing.[/b]

your right maybe I shouldnt go drilling holes in the inserts. But I do think with the sport bumper fog housing it would look killer

2005 Onxy Black 6s

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 03:44 PM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
Hey Heronew, just wondering, would this hella fogs fit right into the projector housing of the sport lower fog? are they the same diameter lens? and how about the mounting? if i m not mistaken looking at the photos at the blingLights, the hella fogs are mounted using an adapter that will be mounted in top or down approach, whereas the sport lower fog using left and right mounting holes approach, i dont know whether my sentences are making senses... but u know what i meant?

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 05:54 PM

Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
I have a set of those optilux (Hella) lights, and no they don't well.
If you take a good look at them, the housing is oval, which is a problem. Don't waist your money, like I did.
To tell you the truth, I've got 4 brand new sets of foglights in my garage, and none of them fits good in Heronews fog light housing.
Still searching for something better to put in them.
With all the money I've spent on fog lights that will replace the crapy ones that come with Heronews kit, I could have bought another set from him twice over.

---Aloha

大きく悪いお父さんのガレージ
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where 'fix' doesn't always mean 'repair'
*Spare parts available*
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

you wouldnt happen to have any pics of them installed would you? How was the output on those if you tried them?

As far as mounting them in the housings of the sports bumper fogs, I was thinking if maybe the difference in diameter from the hella lights is that much compared to the jinsu ones. If anything being that they mount on vertically, i was going to put a rubber grommet around the hole so that maybe it will fit just a little more snug in there. Just a thought

2005 Onxy Black 6s

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 01:33 AM

Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
I don't have them mounted in Heronews housings. They don't fit. The lights are oval, and the holes in Heronews housing is round.
As far as the light output of the Hella Optilux, they are great. I wired them up to my bench tester, and they are nice.
If you really want to use these light, you're better off mounting them on the bumper, next to the license plate. They will not fit in the sport bumper fog housings.

---Aloha

大きく悪いお父さんのガレージ

Where 'fix' doesn't always mean 'repair'
*Spare parts available*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page