Very Nice Fog Lights - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
You got my attention.....any of them come to mind?
I know the OBX lights dont fit, Hellas don't fit, the Mazda 6i didn't work for me either.
Throw me a bone, dude

---Aloha[/b]
I took my housings off the car and put the stock black flaps in. I measured the diameters of the housings... I think they were 3-3.5 inches in diameter at the front of the housings then it tapered down to 2-2.5 inches in the back. I cant remember the exact dimensions but Im sure you could take them in a minute.

I then took the housings to autozone and advance auto to eyeball if any fogs cound fit. There were a handful of cheap APC lights that I was pretty sure would fit...... however APC's arent the highest quality lights. As a matter of fact, I think the stock lights we have in there look like they are APC's and I wouldnt be suprised if they were the manufacturer.

Here's your bone:

I also found some cheap Hella optilux ones that I thought would fit on the internet.... check the first few.
http://www.carmedia1.com/en-us/dept_52.html

Also check out of few of the circular ones on this page:
http://www.autolights4less.com/hella...ux-series.html

For the optilux series, Iluv2zmzm posted a link of a guy with foglights on his cardomain page and they stuck out pretty far. I think they were the 1002 Optilux model so any of those lights, I would steer away from because based on the geometry of the foglight, I think they would stick out too far of the foglights housings. For fitament, I thought the 962, 1180, 1372, 1502, 1300 (maybe), and I thought the best fit would be with the 1500s.

The Hella Micro DE series looks like it would also fit:
http://www.autolights4less.com/hella...de-series.html

A lot of the lights have LxWxD measurements that I think would fit into the housings based on the measurements I took. I didnt want to buy lights over the internet that I couldnt look at in the store to make sure they would fit and after I dropped 140 bucks on the housings, I decided to cut my losses and not put any more money into the project.

I never followed through with any of these, just from looking around, they had ballpark of the correct dimensions that the housings have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks Philter, those are some good looking choices too. And yeah, I got a pair of brand new Optilux fogs that don't fit right too.
I'm not sure what's the model number (downstairs in garage), but the housing is chrome, and oval, and yeah, like in the pics that Iluv2zmzm posted, they stick out.
I'll research the bones you threw at me, thanks again!!!!!

---Aloha

大きく悪いお父さんのガレージ
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where 'fix' doesn't always mean 'repair'
*Spare parts available*
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Learners License

Quote:
seller is hkplus.........bad idea[/b]

What bad experiences have people had with hkplus? I have bought a few things from them without a problem (except for the fog lights I just got yesterday).

And on that note I have a question. I just got the OEM style foglights for the 03-05 sport style bumper hkplus always has on ebay. They look good with the exception that there is not a on/off switch, instructions or mounting hardware. Has anyone purchased these fog lights and has suggestions?

Last edited by gm170hp; 06-24-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Did you buy those sport bumper fogs that hkplus sells?
Hows the fitment on the bumper, and are the lights aimable?
As far as a switch, any rocker switch will work. I'm currently using a fog light switch from a Mazda MPV minivan. Just modified the light from green to orange/red to match the 6 interior.
The wiring is pretty straight foward: power, fuse, switch, relay, lights, ground.
Someone did a basic fog light wiring diagram write-up, I'll try and see if I can find it for ya, and post up a link.

---Aloha

大きく悪いお父さんのガレージ

*Spare parts available*
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Learners License

Quote:
Did you buy those sport bumper fogs that hkplus sells?
Hows the fitment on the bumper, and are the lights aimable?
As far as a switch, any rocker switch will work. I'm currently using a fog light switch from a Mazda MPV minivan. Just modified the light from green to orange/red to match the 6 interior.
The wiring is pretty straight foward: power, fuse, switch, relay, lights, ground.
Someone did a basic fog light wiring diagram write-up, I'll try and see if I can find it for ya, and post up a link.

---Aloha[/b]

Yes they appear to be aimable. Quality of parts looks very good. Lights are glass, bumper panel is ABS plastic, not fiberglass. My problem is that there doesn't seem to be a way to mount the actual lamp. The panel looks like it will snap in no problem buth there doesn't seem to be anything for the lamp to snap or bolt to either on the ABS panel or anywhere behind the bumper. They did not come with instructions or any sort of mounting hardware.

As far as a switch, all I have is one blue wire to run to a switch. I am not a wiring wiz but I assume I run that to a switch and then run power and ground to the switch from inside the car?

Last edited by gm170hp; 06-24-2010 at 02:42 PM.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 02:13 PM

Well, sending them an email and not getting a response, I guess would be considered as 'bad' business. I asked to see if they have any pics of it turned on, especially at night and I haven't heard anything.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

gm170hp, post up some pics of what they sent you, I might be able to helpl
Need to see the back of the housing, and the lights too.

---Aloha

大きく悪いお父さんのガレージ

*Spare parts available*
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Learners License

Quote:
gm170hp, post up some pics of what they sent you, I might be able to helpl
Need to see the back of the housing, and the lights too.

---Aloha[/b]

Please see below link

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=68280

Last edited by gm170hp; 06-24-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page