Broke Center Console Climate Control Circuit Board - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
While taking out the center console, I forgot to unscrew the two screws underneath the manual climate control knobs and broke the climate control circuit board behind it as I was pulling out the center console. Now, my AC/heat and the audio tuner knob (the one on the right) don't work.

How can I fix this? Think I can just superglue the board back together (it's in four pieces)? How can I get a replacement? Does anyone know how much it would cost? Or should I just go to a Mazda dealership and get the part and/or it serviced? I know my warranty will probably be voided cuz I screwed around and screwed up. Please help!

"Cockroaches, many perceive as evil,
But if you're from the projects, them ni&&as are like people!
They sleep with you, eat with you, listen to beef with you."
-- Necro, "Cockroaches"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 04:09 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
superglue won't work, you broke the electrical connections, you will need to replace the entire plastic piece. get in touch with either sabrina @jimclick or Tiffany at showcase mazda and they can get you a price quote, it will be less than thru your dealer.

no more 6
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 06:42 PM

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did the same thing except I forgot to unscrew the bolt fromt the glovebox, I had to search one out on ebay ended up getting one for like $50

2004 Lapis Blue 6I Sport Package
Current Mods
| Eibach Pros | AEM CAI | MagnaFlow Exhaust | Kartboy Hangers | 22% Tint all around | Autoexe Grill (being painted) | Eyelids (being painted) | Chrome Tails and smoked rear reflectors | VG Sharkfin | Mesh Grill and Bumper Inserts | Debadged | Shaved Door Moldings | Clear Side Markers with LED's | Parking Light LED's | Blue Lit Gauge Cluster and Console | Blue Interior LED's | MetraKit with Panasonic w/ Ipod Intergration | Hidden IPOD | 2 10" Treo Engineering TS Subs | Custom Fiberglass Enclosure

Future Mods ( this winter/spring )
| Rims and Tires or Leather Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 10:26 AM
acewrestler

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
I did the same thing except I forgot to unscrew the bolt fromt the glovebox, I had to search one out on ebay ended up getting one for like $50[/b]

I had the same type of problem yesterday. i didnt break anything, but when i reinstalled the HU, my rear defrost and audio tuning buttons stopped working. I have no clue what is wrong, so if anybody has an idea of what may be wrong please help. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page