Help with halo fogs install.... - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I have an '05 Mazda 6i, w/o the sport package. I just purchased a set of OEM halo fogs from ebay, and they didn't come with any instructions . I would like to know if anyone out there knows where I can find a good install guide so I can mount these things!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
As for mounting they should just snap in from behind once you remove the plastic pieces that are there already. As for wiring thats another story, tons of diff. ways to do that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 09:06 AM

Bump for help finding the how to. Still have mine in the box for a lil' over a month.

Sig..... top gear87 bitched so I fixed it...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post# 9...

The infamous screen name windshield banner that mazda6club.com just wasn't ready for...

05 6I ATX/ 09-07-07 Dyno'd at 154 WHP/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 02:04 PM

try to pop them in... first remove the mesh and just pop them in for now and see if they fit...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Weather or not they fit into the bumper is the least of my concerns, I need to know how to wire them.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 03:17 PM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
i think it's harder to mount them than to wire them... i belive to wire them just need to know how you want it. With an independent switch or using the stock lighting system (eg. low beam/parking light). we cant help you if you dont tell us how you want your system to turn on

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 03:35 PM

read through the "sport foglightGB thread" in the GB section. I posted a short wiring how-to for the sport foglights. Depending on how you want to wire your lights, the wiring could be exactly the same or completely different.

If you want you lights to turn on with the parking lights, then the wiring should be pretty identical to how I wired mine. If not, different.

As said above, there are numerous ways you can wire them depending on when and how you want them to come on and what you want to control.

Also, if you take a picture of what comes with the kit, we can tell you how to wire it. We will need to see what the kit looks like connected and what the wires that need to be hooked up are connected to.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
i think it's harder to mount them than to wire them... i belive to wire them just need to know how you want it. With an independent switch or using the stock lighting system (eg. low beam/parking light). we cant help you if you dont tell us how you want your system to turn on[/b]
OK fair enough. I would like the halo's to come on when I turn on the running lights. What I would like to do is tap the two wires that power the halo lights into the respective power and ground wires coming out of the connector on the headlight assembly so they come on with the running lights. The fog lights I want to come on with the dash switch (provided). There is a small bracket, a screw, some bolts, an OEM switch for the dash, a relay, some rubber pads (no clue on that one) some wire taps, zip ties, and two bundles of wire. The small bundel has the connector for dash switch. That includes a black ground wire, a green wire, and a blue wire (remote?). The large bundle has the connectors for the lights, those run to the relay, from the relay are the power and ground wires and a long blue wire. On the lights themselves there's a small power and ground wire for the halos. Most of it I get, tie the wires where they need to be, connect the power and the ground in the fuse box, and run the remote to the dash. I don't know what the bracket and pads are for, I don't know what the green wire is for on the small bundle, and I don't know which wires on the headlight connectors to tap for the halos.

Here is a link to the same lights that I bought (this is a different seller):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-05-MA...078833144QQrdZ1
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Arrow

So I go to the dealership today to look at the wiring diagrams in one of their tech books to get the information I need to get these things wired up. I get home all excited about installing these things, yank the bumper off, pull out a blank, and the damn thing is too big! So I wasted my money on a P.O.S. (Shoulda' known.) Thanks for the assistance tho. Time to get my money back..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page