User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to claudeg Send a message via Yahoo to claudeg Send a message via Skype™ to claudeg
well 3 months is twice as long as the Nokya's lasted me! Thank you for the feedback and the pictures, good stuff!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Awong124 posted an excellent example of why stock bulbs are actually better than any color coated bulb. Can you see it? Its not the color. Check out how the pavement is lit up. The stock side actually illuminates more area and brighter than his XTEC side.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Awong124 posted an excellent example of why stock bulbs are actually better than any color coated bulb. Can you see it? Its not the color. Check out how the pavement is lit up. The stock side actually illuminates more area and brighter than his XTEC side.[/b]
Yeah, I think a lot of us have read the Daniel Stern thing. I personally don't care about how much it illuminates as long as it's adequate, I just think the yellow is ugly. I don't think anyone wanting super white bulbs is super concerned about how much light they're getting, most people who bother to switch them are more concerned about the look of the color.

After reading the Daniel Stern thing, I still decided to buy the Xtec bulbs to finish off the high beams, and buy super white w5w bulbs for the parking lights. I get enough illumination from my OEM HIDs.

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 AT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Mazda 6 Sport GT-V6 MT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thats cool, long as you know what you're getting. Too many dummies see the white and say "OOOO Much brighter!". Fog lights don't do much for illumination anyway, but its a good illustration of what a colored bulb will do.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to claudeg Send a message via Yahoo to claudeg Send a message via Skype™ to claudeg
Quote:
I got Xtec 4000ks for my H11 lower fogs, I'm pretty happy with them, they look pretty white, much whiter than stock.

The driver's side foglight is the one with the Xtec bulb, the passenger side is the stock bulb.

Compared to PIAA or Sylvania they're pretty cheap too, only $30 a pair from therpmstore and they come with lifetime warrantee. I just ordered two more pairs yesterday for my highbeams and for the headlights on my other car. To be honest I've only had them on for 3 months, so I don't know how long they'll last, but at most you'll pay for shipping to ship them back to Xtec and they'll send you new ones.[/b]

thanks man! I love the look of these lights, so I just ordered myself a pair! :-D
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
thanks man! I love the look of these lights, so I just ordered myself a pair! :-D[/b]
No problem

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 AT

2006 Mazda 6 Sport GT-V6 MT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page