User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, I searched but there are too many posts regarding the auto-up/auto-down feature not working to sift through. I know how to reset that. I had a new issue this morning. After letting my car defrost for about 10 minnutes, I rolled down all the windows the get the condensation off. I just use the auto-down then do the auto-up. I noticed my right rear window was still down. I assumed I just didn't pull the switch all the way up, so I hit it again. The window would go up part way then reverse and go back down. It was almost like the pinch sensor was activating and causing the window to go back down. Finally, I was able to get the window to go up by repeatedly tapping the switch lightly to get the window almost all the way up. After about an hour I tried my windows again and the issue still exists. There is no ice or any obstructions in the window, yet when the window is up or close to up and I hit the auto-up on the window switch, the window will roll down half way. The window was working fine yesterday, so not sure where this issue came from. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 05:11 PM

There might be a short in the switch, try using electric cleaner in the switch and making sure there is nothing in the track after that tray a hard reset again. Also do you have any accessories running off of the windows ie amp, stereo, whatever
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

I will give that a try. I have nothing running off the window, but I do have an amp. The problem has changed slightly now, I tested it this morning and the window rolled down maybe an inch using the driver's switch and then would no longer work. However, I could use the switch on the right rear door to roll it back up. I tried the roll up and hold, no click, so the driver switch now no longer works for the right rear window.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page