Has anyone replaced their flasher? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Tazz2000
Was wanting to know if anyone has replaced their blinker flasher when installing LEDS?
I'm not even sure where the flasher is, i'm thinking it is inside by the fuse box, but was wondering what kind you used and where you got it.
Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:23 PM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
+1

hmm this is what i was wondering too.. our flasher is located behind the speedometer IIRC...

bump for the question!!

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to redfire6i
I found this on directed's website, dont know if this would work or not because im not sure what your trying to do.
Light Flasher Assmbley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I found this on directed's website, dont know if this would work or not because im not sure what your trying to do.
Light Flasher Assmbley
[/b]
I was thinking about changing out the turns with LEDS, means you would either have to use resistors or an
electronic flasher unit.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 02:46 AM
Mazda Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Mazda Gremlyn Send a message via MSN to Mazda Gremlyn
autolumination.com has the resistor kits.

2004 Mazda6s MTX: Gone...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Replaced with a 2011 WRX Hatch!

1988 323 GTX: Need to finish re-rebuilding the engine...
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 07:16 AM

well IIRC, the load resistor will get very hot during use, and you have to buy at least 2 if you are going to change your turn signal LEDs front and back, and you have to think about the safest mounting location... but if you have the flasher, you just have to replace your stock flasher to the new flasher that wont make the LEDs blink so fast.... so i would prefer the flasher myself...

Quote:
Light Flasher Assmbley
[/b]
lol, although it's kinda similar, but this is what we're talking abt

http://superbrightleds.com/flashers.htm

and picking the right one for our car, is the question.

Quote:
ELECTRONIC LED FLASHERS

We now offer 2-Pin and 3-Pin (1/4 inch spade lug type) LED compatible Flasher Units in this category
You should definitely use one of these instead of Load Resistors if we have one to fit your vehicle
They operate at the correct flash rate with LED or standard filament bulbs
10~15 Volts DC - Flash Rate: 80 per minute

Note that some of these flashers operate silently, they do not make the familiar clicking sound when operating. One solution is to connect a common automotive relay to the output along with your LED bulbs
Also note that these flashers do not replace all flasher units. Before you order, please see the pin outs of our flashers in the table below and compare with the one you are replacing. Click the part numbers for complete spec sheets. You can usually find your flasher pin out printed right on your flasher. Failure to check this and installation in an incompatible vehicle can blow your fuse, destroy the flasher and void the flasher warranty
[/b]

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 11:42 AM

Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to djquik1
I have already gone this route and ordered in a stock flasher to try and match it up with the chart on superbrightleds website and they do not have one availible yet.They do not have one on the market in the US.there may be some overseas but i haven't had time to look for them yet.

2004 Mazda 6S Veilside(TRADED)
2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 06:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to cbob
stupid question, think the answer is yes.

Anyway, I don't want/care for LED bulbs. However, flasher click does bug me at times, esp at a long light and it's just clicky clicking away. So, if we found a flasher that worked and didn't click I could just pop it in?

03 6i MTX. 215/55-16 Kumho ASX, EBC green stuff, custom scored/fracturing rotors. Gutted airbox, crank mod, RPM short throw adapter, 2wheelin's fan mod. Sylfex aux-mod, concealed XM install, brake light mod, Redline 75w-90, Redline water wetter, and speed bleeders.
a half dozen UOAs. Currently on ~10k OCI.
suspect vacuum leak issue.
Note to self: no more adjustable wrenches.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

I have not been able to find one that will replace ours, thats the reason for the question.

I'm looking to replace my rear brakes, turns and reverse with LED PCB Boards. I don't want to use resistors because of the heat.

cbob,
I'm glad you don't care about LEDS, but you would like to find a quieter one , electronic flasher units don't make noise.
So I guess not a stupid question, just a stupid response!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 02:23 AM

Quote:
I have already gone this route and ordered in a stock flasher to try and match it up with the chart on superbrightleds website and they do not have one availible yet.They do not have one on the market in the US.there may be some overseas but i haven't had time to look for them yet.
[/b]
Yo dj, can you take a picture of the flasher unit for us? so we know what to look for? Thanks man!

Quote:
I have not been able to find one that will replace ours, thats the reason for the question.

I'm looking to replace my rear brakes, turns and reverse with LED PCB Boards. I don't want to use resistors because of the heat.

cbob,
I'm glad you don't care about LEDS, but you would like to find a quieter one , electronic flasher units don't make noise.
So I guess not a stupid question, just a stupid response!
[/b]
you dont need flasher for rear brakes, and reverse... just for the turn signal light... yepp.. i dont want to install load eq. as well, as it produces heat... too much heat... well it's easy to solve by getting a heat sink and all, but the space it takes inside the engine bay, i'd rather have a small flasher unit which is not visible....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page