WDF.. fog in the headlights - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy

early today i noticed that my headlights were foged up around by the high beam and parking light. has anyone else noticed this on there 6? could this be cause my bulbs to burn out. by the way,i have an 06 i.

Current:
06 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Winterwhite pearl with w&b leather seats. 18% percent all around and 50% windshield. CF grill. V painted hood in a black pearl. Smoked taillights,DSS 500hp axle,H&R Sport Springs,CPE Rear Diff, SURE Juggernaught,Torq R6,SPC ball joint,SURE 10mm spacers,235/40/18 DWS All-Seasons

OLD--06 6i Tungsten Gray with 04 front bumper,rear bumper,side skirts, and BR Lip/tein S tech//8000k apexcone HIDs/// RX8 wheels powercoated in thunder gray pearl.. Totaled (6/25/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 01:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It will cause your head lights to explode.... My lord didnt you get the notice from mazda?

HEHEH JK

It wont hurt notting, but it is annoying.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
It will cause your head lights to explode.... My lord didnt you get the notice from mazda?
HEHEH JK

It wont hurt notting, but it is annoying.
[/b]

well i have gone trough a couple pair of bulbs. i think its the cause of that. does urs do that??

Current:
06 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Winterwhite pearl with w&b leather seats. 18% percent all around and 50% windshield. CF grill. V painted hood in a black pearl. Smoked taillights,DSS 500hp axle,H&R Sport Springs,CPE Rear Diff, SURE Juggernaught,Torq R6,SPC ball joint,SURE 10mm spacers,235/40/18 DWS All-Seasons

OLD--06 6i Tungsten Gray with 04 front bumper,rear bumper,side skirts, and BR Lip/tein S tech//8000k apexcone HIDs/// RX8 wheels powercoated in thunder gray pearl.. Totaled (6/25/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 11:18 AM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
if its fogging up in your headlight assembly, then you should reseal the assembly. moisture is getting in there from somewhere and it may be the cause for your bulbs burning out. go to autozone and buy sealant then take off the bumper, take off the headlight and put the sealant along the part where the casing and the lense cover of the headlight connect. and if that doesnt work, then you probably have a crack somewhere and you will need to probably replace the headlight (if its in a visible area). but i would look for the crack and put sealant on it....these lights are too damn expensive to just be replacing.....sorry for the long reply
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 02:33 PM

could be the dustcaps maybe? is the o-ring still there on them?

'04 Mazda6i MTX -- VG Sharkfin Antenna, MOMO shifter knob, Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1, AudioLink + iPod, Clear Sidemarkers, Lower Fogs, Royal Purple Synthetic 5w20, 17x7 SPYN Speed Evo Hyperblack with Falken Ziex 512
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
if its fogging up in your headlight assembly, then you should reseal the assembly. moisture is getting in there from somewhere and it may be the cause for your bulbs burning out. go to autozone and buy sealant then take off the bumper, take off the headlight and put the sealant along the part where the casing and the lense cover of the headlight connect. and if that doesnt work, then you probably have a crack somewhere and you will need to probably replace the headlight (if its in a visible area). but i would look for the crack and put sealant on it....these lights are too damn expensive to just be replacing.....sorry for the long reply
[/b]

i will check this out. i think i may just take it to the dealer and have them figure it out since the car is only 5 months old.

Quote:
could be the dustcaps maybe? is the o-ring still there on them?
[/b]

i will check the dust caps. i dont think thats whats causing it. thanks for the help guys.

Current:

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 09:37 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
warranty repair..take it in...let mazda deal with just replacing the whole assembly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to djquik1
Warranty repair....take it to mazda and get a new one.

2004 Mazda 6S Veilside(TRADED)
2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
warranty repair..take it in...let mazda deal with just replacing the whole assembly
[/b]

i going to take it in next week, i would have done it this week but to busy and we got a shit load of snow.the rear tails also had some fog in them too that i saw today.

Current:

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 10:29 AM

i definately 3rd taking it in. no use buying the warantee if you dont use it to get free repairs

'06 atx6i sport / airbox mod / 20% tint all around / USB Audiolink / Sharkfin / 4500k Apexcone HID'S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page