Installing LEDs on door handles? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 12:53 AM
aLex yO xD

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Hmn, I was thinking about installing LEDs on the door handles. The new BMW 3-series have lights that shine towards the floor when you unlock the car. Does anybody know how I would go about doing that? I figure you would have to drill holes in your doors to run the wires through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
I doubt you'll have to drill holes for wiring, since most cars today have some sort of wiring already installed in the doors. Just run them with exisiting wiring.

Have you purchased these door handle LED's yet and if so where???

Also, if and when you get them installed, could you take a picture of the effect??? That way I can see if it's worth the trouble.

'04 6i Pebble Ash Metalic, 30% tint, OEM spoiler w/3rd lite, Sylfex AuxMod, & the brake light mod. mentioned on here, Smoked lens LED tail and brake lights with LED turn signals, and I gave her flying "M's" cuz they're KOOL!!!.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 1 Post
former member spiky3480 had this done, is this what you were talking about:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...mp;hl=spiky3480

i believe his audio guy did it for him though....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Mazda Guru

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Justins6s
Quote:
Hmn, I was thinking about installing LEDs on the door handles. The new BMW 3-series have lights that shine towards the floor when you unlock the car. Does anybody know how I would go about doing that? I figure you would have to drill holes in your doors to run the wires through.
[/b]
I think you are talking about the ourside door handle but not sure. I think it would be easier to to under the mirrors, if you are talking about the outside
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
I think you are talking about the ourside door handle but not sure. I think it would be easier to to under the mirrors, if you are talking about the outside
[/b]

I believe he is talking bout the outside.. I was gonna do this on my last car but never got around to getting the LED's.. I was gonna have it wired up so that when I disarmed my alarm they would come on and stay on for 10secs or until I opened the door.. You can get a kit on ebay for like $25-$30

We dont stop playing cause we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page