Something i noticed earlier... - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
Quote:
isn't there a lifetime warranty on the HIDs?
[/b]
Quote:
Not every manufacturer goes for that, some just go for a year or so. I know that most OEM HID's dont have lifetime warranties.
[/b]
If you opt for the hid conversion kit, i think apexcone and xtec offer lifetime warranty... OEM HID dont have lifetime warranty, but they do have much better quality, which is why it's chosen as OEM. If you have the lifetime warranty, i guess the thumb rule doesnt really apply if you have time in the world to wait for the shipment and to take off ur bumper again.

Quote:
damn all this things you have to becareful with when you have hids really deters me from getting the whole setup.

anyone done hids in the lowbeam and halogens in the headlight fogs? and have seperate on/off switch, that would put my mind at ease. hid when you want it and halogens for those times when you already turned the hids on/off more than 3x/hour. haha.
[/b]
well i m using that kind of setup now... check out the pinned how-to on top of the electrical page, u see fog-light mod.. it's easy.... that's what i do with my car, whenever i turn on my hid for the 2nd time, the third time, i use my integrated fog and the aftermarket lower fog as my light, then after 1/2 hour or so, i switched them all off, and then i turn on my hid again, i m using the bosch ballast, so no warranty at all, and i dont want to buy another set of ballast...

Quote:
^^^same here, but still really want the HIDs even though there are things you ahve to watch out for. The only thing turning me off about the HIDs is the price
[/b]
it's worth it man... better looks, better output !!! u will never want to drive a car with halogen anymore !!! but the question is whether to go all the way retro-ing or getting a hid conversion kit. please dont ask the pros and cons, they are covered in this electrical section, either go to the how-to retrofit page on top, or check out threads about hid/retrofit...

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
it's worth it man... better looks, better output !!! u will never want to drive a car with halogen anymore !!! but the question is whether to go all the way retro-ing or getting a hid conversion kit. please dont ask the pros and cons, they are covered in this electrical section, either go to the how-to retrofit page on top, or check out threads about hid/retrofit...
[/b]

OH MY GOD!!! Well said!!! Because seriously...my girls honda accord halogens were like 5 times better than our stock halogen headlights on the 6...after my girlfriend has been in my car for like 2 days straight and at night, she jumped into her car and she wasn't even sure if her headlights were on or not! def. worth every dime, and hands down the best mod i've done PERIOD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 02:22 PM

i thought of Tim the other day while watching tv....this Acura commercial came on...where they have all the car&#39;s in the show room and keep flashing their HID&#39;s on and off...oh my god...it was like a stabing pain i felt in my stomach just watching that! lol <sigh> silly marketing/commerical people....way to ruin some fine awesome equipment...

FS:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

LOL.... i wonder if they cover that in the warranty as well??

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
i thought of Tim the other day while watching tv.
[/b]
Yikes... that&#39;s a scary thought

VANCOUVER MAZDA6CLUB MODERATOR
2004 Mazda6 GT Hatch I4 MTX

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yikes... that&#39;s a scary thought
[/b]
hmmm .... more sick torontonian... LOL....

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 10:33 AM

lol...you guys are a bunch of characters......

i guess its a good thing that i didnt add that i was touching myself at the same time....

FS:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page