LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to HighSpeed6 Send a message via Skype™ to HighSpeed6
I am soon going to be installing my oil temp. gauge and I have been having so trouble finding a how-to or any information on it. I found a how-to on pressure gauge on mazda6tech, but I couldn't find anything with oil temp. I told the shop if it's going to cost a lot for labour to just scratch the wiring, and just wire the power to it. He wants to know if you have to drill into the oil pan, or any other way that you can get the sensor in there? Thanks for the help guys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|206HP| |204TQ|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 08:29 PM

You can essentially place the temp gauge where you would place the pressue gauge. Its all the same. Ideally the best way though would be to grab it from the Pan.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have an Autometer Sport Comp Mechanical Oil Temp gauge. I have been meaning to install it soon as soon as I get everything ready. For the mechanical gauge I will have to drill a hole in my firewall to fit the probe, which isn't a big deal, since they give you all the gromets and everything to ensure it gets done properly. I also bought a new oil pan and am in the process of having a machine shop drill a hole in it to accept the gauge.

I know the mechanical guages are more trouble to install but I love the fact that they are more accurate and work 100% of the time needing no power.

Installing an electrical gauge will be the same amount of work except that you won't have to drill a hole in the firewall you can just use the gromet where the main harness enters the chassis. I would have used this too except the capillary isn't long enough.

My mechanical water temp gauge is long enough to fit through there so I'll be using that for the install. For that I'm just waiting on the stupid hose adapter that doesn't seem to exsist in Canada at the moment.

If you manage to get everything installed before I do can you post up how you did you installation.

Thanks

CANADA / TORONTO MAZDA6CLUB MODERATOR Current Dyno - 205whp, 180wtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 08:59 PM
JrV

Groans: 1
For my oil temp and oil pressure gauges I put a short nipple, and two brass tee's(or some setup like that been too long since Ive looked at it) where the stock oil pressure sensor is. It wasnt fun to do at all as there isnt much room to work there. Hell I couldnt even find(see) the stock sensor, I literally had to feel around for it. As for doing it again, ask Jay (Dragons6) how long he has been hounding me to do his. Its a suck job.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Yeah that's what the guy has been telling me, and it sounds like one too. How much do you think install should be?

|206HP| |204TQ|
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

So if I just wanted to go for ease of installation, what three gauges would you suggest me to buy? Volt, Oil Press, and Water Temp? Or would you still go with the Volt, Oil Press, Oil Temp?

|206HP| |204TQ|
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Drivers License

I have been meaning to install and mount my VDO White cokpit series oil pressure gauge. I'm not going the lotek gauge pos route. I am installing / mounting a single gauge in a cup. I like the look. Just haven't figured out where is best to mount the cup. Any ideas?
newbombturk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page